• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG trip to Mt. Pleasant

chalos13

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So I'm planning a trip to play Selah Ranch, Trey Texas, and probably Coleman Park in Sulphur Springs. Going to try and camp at Trey, any one have experience here to share? Anything I should know before I make the trip, things I should put in my bags that I wouldn't normally, does the camping area suck and I should reconsider? Also has anyone used the carts at Selah and are they worth the cost?
Thanks for the help

So I'm planning a trip to play Selah Ranch, Trey Texas, and probably Coleman Park in Sulphur Springs. Going to try and camp at Trey, any one have experience here to share? Anything I should know before I make the trip, things I should put in my bags that I wouldn't normally, does the camping area suck and I should reconsider? Also has anyone used the carts at Selah and are they worth the cost?
Thanks for the help

I have only played Selah, but I can tell you the camping there was great. Picnic table, fire ring with a swinging grill grate, firewood provided, freshly emptied trash can, clean bathrooms and showers a quarter mile away (at the proshop). If you do decide to camp there instead of Trey, you get a discount on the green fees, which I think is $10 off, not sure. The carts at Selah are awesome. It would take 2 or 3 times as long to play without them. They are heavy duty and offroad carts with a bed in the back with plenty of space for your discs and a cooler. They are pricy though, at $40. We went with an even number of people so we split the carts $20 each. They will only let you have 2 to a cart.

You camped or stayed in their cottages? I'm having trouble finding info about camping on their website.

You camped or stayed in their cottages? I'm having trouble finding info about camping on their website.

Camped in a tent. Yeah their website is not the best for info on that. There is a Selah Ranch thread you might could find info on, but it's got a ton of pages to go through. They charge per person for campsites, which is not normal, and kind of a rip-off. I think it's $15 a person per night. Everywhere else I've been charges per site, not person. I've never stayed in the rooms they have, but I've heard they're nice.

Trey Ranch lists that they charge $10 per person, but couldn't find a list of what's available (showers, fire pits, etc). Thanks for the info about Selah, honestly I'd ruled staying there completely out because I didn't want to rent one of their cabins.

Trey Ranch lists that they charge $10 per person, but couldn't find a list of what's available (showers, fire pits, etc). Thanks for the info about Selah, honestly I'd ruled staying there completely out because I didn't want to rent one of their cabins.

No problem. Yeah I didn't want to shell out the money for a cabin after paying $30 to play. And that's with splitting a cart with someone.

Camping and playing there was a great time. You get the cart all day so we would race them back and forth accross the course since we were the only souls out there.

I was glad I got the cart. If only playing one course, I may have enjoyed walking more, but playing both, the cart really helped. It also allowed me to pack way more discs than normal. This was great due to water loss and basic unfamiliarity with the two courses and what I would want to throw. Oh, and easy to pack lots of cold water.

Played Selah, it's all that's been said before. We stayed in the Corral House. Good times. Get the cart. You'll wish you did.

Coleman park is a flat course that plays around a lake. Plenty of water (especially #2). A really long walk from 18 back to the parking lot. I'd play it first. It would be a big let down after Selah.

I haven't played Trey. I hope to soon.

Latest posts