• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

Hmm, mine's never thought about flipping or even turning, but I only throw BH smooth as butter every single time. :p

So it flips up a bit when driven, but still fades at the end?

I've never had one flip up on me haha. Then again, I throw SP Breakers which if their other discs mean anything, means it's more overstable than Proline. When I throw it with Hyzer it holds that line the whole way without flipping up. Releasing flat, it just stays flat and then fades at the end.

I've never had one flip up on me haha. Then again, I throw SP Breakers which if their other discs mean anything, means it's more overstable than Proline. When I throw it with Hyzer it holds that line the whole way without flipping up. Releasing flat, it just stays flat and then fades at the end.

Did you get a special SP breaker at a tourny? I thought they were only releasing pro-line this year.

Did you get a special SP breaker at a tourny? I thought they were only releasing pro-line this year.

Ya, they have released SP breakers for a few tourneys this year. Masters Cup in Santa Cruz and St. Patty's in Orangevale are a couple. I got mine at the National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships. I like the SPs better than the ProLines I have come across. A little more stable and I like the grip a little bit better. :thmbup:

If you looked hard enough, you would probably be able to find an SP online.

What disc has a shallower grip the breaker or the ringer? I'm looking to change putters and looking for the lowest profile putter to try out and see how the grip feels.

This might be a little late, but as I have already done the tinkering...
Here's a list of PDGA Approved Putters with all their specifications. I have it sorted by disc height, then by rim depth. This is saved as a jpeg, but you can get the full list of approved discs in an excel file on the pdga website.

I too was looking for the lowest profile putter out there. The breaker is about as low as you can go. Don't think you'll be able to find any Ching Stingers.

So it flips up a bit when driven, but still fades at the end?

Mine holds a nice smooth hyzer when thrown with hyzer. Thrown flat at about 60% stays flat and then fades at the end. Thrown flat with 80% power it will stay straight with little fade. Same is true with a headwind. Sometimes a little turn but mainly just loses the fade. I must release with just a small amount of hyzer to insure it does fade at the end for me.

Throwing it for shots up to 275'.

Just threw a pl breaker for the first time.... im immediately impressed and will be trading a buddy for his. I hate looking forever to find a flat top rhyno on the cheap. This disc is cheap, premium plastic, and exactly what I am looking for. Cant wait to get it in the bag. The grip on it is perfect and the flight seemed somewhere between my beat in rhyno and a champ rhyno... but with more glide.

Just threw a pl breaker for the first time.... im immediately impressed and will be trading a buddy for his. I hate looking forever to find a flat top rhyno on the cheap. This disc is cheap, premium plastic, and exactly what I am looking for. Cant wait to get it in the bag. The grip on it is perfect and the flight seemed somewhere between my beat in rhyno and a champ rhyno... but with more glide.

I found it somewhat similiar to a Rhyno at first as well. After you use the Breaker for awhile and try a Rhyno again, you'll notice the differences. I love the Breaker. By far the bet DGA disc that's been put our yet....well, I can't really say that because I haven't tried them all but I love the Breaker.

so what i'm gathering from this is . . . not as overstable as a jokeri; a little more overstable than the pure.

looks like i don't need it. :p though i DO love those shallow putters and i've been wanting to try DGA for sooooo long . . . so i'll pick one up anyway! maybe i can beat it in to replace the pure for drives? though it'd be mess with my driving/putting/approach setup, so maybe i won't.

anybody thrown all three?

anybody thrown all three?

As a matter of fact...yes, yes I do. I use the Breaker for short mid-range shots (never putting) and the Jokeri for drives and upshots and the like. Pures are strictly for putting. I actually like driving with my Zero Hard Pures but they beat up pretty easily for me. Opto Pures, which everyone seems to love for driving, and I do not get along. I bag an Opto Pure but it's not for driving. Ever.

I really like the DGA Breaker. Much longer for me than the Jokeri. Almost as long as my Tensor. As you can see, I favor OS stuff (see my sig) but it works for me. It might be too much overlap for you, but I find the Breaker, Jokeri and Pre have no problem co-existing for different uses.

mmmmm, just picked one of these up today. i gotta say, i do like this. definitely spot on to what you said, andy. good for holes where a shorter mid will suffice as long as it ends right, haha...can really crush it if you want to. now i want one in SP...though my white D-line will be bauss for dyejobs...

it's working perfectly for shots where normally i'd power down the midari; it's nice to have a consistent throw instead of worrying about power levels. had a pretty stiff headwind that normally would've turned my opto pure - acorn, hole 17. it's about 300', straight shot on a fairly steep downhill slope. ripped it low and hard; this worked just fine, thank you.

still gonna give it a run against the jokeri once i get that sucker, though. ;) i need me some premium plastic since i do so much driving with it.

how are people's breakers holding up?

Last edited:
^^You mean P-Line not D-Line...right? In regards to your question I love my SPs.

Because I'm patiently waiting for base plastic Breakers:popcorn: