• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Love?

crater77

Birdie Member
'sup frolfers. So I've tried pretty much all major brands. I always seem to wind up back with Innova and some Discraft. However I was offered a shockwave in trade and it got me thinking about DGA as they are the one plastic I have not tried. Any love for them on this board? What can you compare them to?

I think their stamp design is what is holding them back, and that they really dont have that big name pro to help them push their products

I love DGA. Their plastic is amazing. Their molds are awesome. All the meat of the Discraft lineup without the fluff. I've definitely considered making an all DGA bag. It's look something like this:

Reef (s putter)
Breaker (os putter)
Squall (us mid)
Aftershock (s mid)
Shockwave (os mid)
Cyclone (s fw)
Tsunami (os fw)
Rogue (us dd)
Hurricane (os dd)

All of these molds cycle well, but most don't need to be cycled.

One more thing, their 150 class is the shiz. Flies just like their max weight counterparts.

I don't understand why this company doesn't just get officially folded into Discraft. What is the point of it being a separate company? Are they trying to address a part of the market that Discraft isn't? I don't really get it.

I don't understand why this company doesn't just get officially folded into Discraft. What is the point of it being a separate company? Are they trying to address a part of the market that Discraft isn't? I don't really get it.

Not that I support nor oppose it, but the same would be applied to Innova/Millenium/Discmania and Lat64/Dynamic/Westside, right?

...because DGA isn't owned by Discraft. They just have a production agreement (for lack of a more knowledgeable term).

DGA makes waaaay more off their baskets anyway.

Back to the OP's point...they do make some really nice discs. I love the Squall personally. For the uninitiated, imagine it as a premium plastic, beadless, perfectly seasoned Roc at a tweener speed. There's lots of shots you can throw with it, highly useful.

Very cool, thanks for all of the info. Not too worried about stamps as I dye my own. Sounds like something I need to check out!

OP: dont call people here frolfers. Even in jest. Some people do take this **** seriously and thats just a stupid term. I know you werent serious, but juat dont do it. Period.

As for DGA, the Breaker is my jam, and Ive heard good things about the squall and the Tsunami. But this is also the company that makes the Blowfly and the Gumbputt. So there that is.

I used to bag and throw a ton of DGA, great plastic and solid discs. I love the proline hurricane the most it starts off on the overstable side (basically a less stable force) but the hss will beat out quickly so they will produce long straight shots with a decent fade. My farthest drive with a hurricane was 475ft they bomb, SP or Sp flex for wind fighters and proline for tailwinds and turnovers. If you are thinking about trying out some of their lineup I would recommend it!

I like DGA pretty good.

My opinions; keep in mind I'm at 5200' elevation:

I like the D-Line plastic WAY more than Pro D. Very grippy, not waxy. Feels like the back of a Kindle.

The D-Line Reef is my circle putter.

Pro-Line Breaker is a great upshot disc because I can throw it at 80% power and it only goes 250ft, I throw it with 100% power and it goes 260ft, easy to range. Must be the blunt nose.

Pro-Line Titanic, meh. It doesn't feel good in my hand and I get bad releases.

Pro-Line current run Aftershock, Pro-Line First Flight Aftershock, and D-Line Aftershock are my go to mids. Listed from most to least stable (You know what I mean).

My Pro-Line Squall is not at all flippy and cuts through head winds better than the Aftershocks.

D-Line Tsunami flies super straight with a dependable end fade.

Pro-Line Tsunami is a meat hook.

Pro-Line Undertow (lost and not replaced) sucks. Nose angle sensitive I guess.

Pro-Line and SP Rogue, meh. I have to throw them so hard to get them to fly well. I'm shopping for a D-Line Rogue for some turn and glide.

Pro-Line Hurricane same as Rogue. Just not special.

SP Hurricane, very beefy.

If I was forced to use only DGA mid-ranges I'd be fine with that. Everyone who doesn't try a current run D-line Aftershock is missing out.

I'd say the only things that are missing in the line-up, out of the box, are a flippy 12 speed driver and more traditional fairway driver.

DGA is criminally underrated. A couple of their molds are direct copies but they are all fantastic designs with all of the quality of Discraft. Yet, they they get so little love...

Latest posts