• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Love?

Didn't realize frolfer was such a negative term LOL I am serious about disc golf but I also don't like to take things TOO seriously. It's all about having fun when it all comes down to it.

nothing wrong with having fun, but frolf is one of those words that makes it sound like you are a clueless noob and tends to make some people dismiss anything you say out of hand because it comes across as though you don't care enough to actually learn what this little activity is called

Every DGA disc I've had has been pretty much terrible. Slick and hard plastic. Honestly would never buy another DGA disc again. Maybe some of their runs have good plastic though.

people dont like frolf because they think that frisbee never produced any golf discs. they did produce a few golf discs that were interesting but poorly received by the snobs. i threw their midrange (called a true?) for a bit and it was a lot like a roc. so yes it is possible to frolf on a disc golf course.

by the way i love me some dga!. the squall is a nice long midrange that can hold a line and the tsunami is just a less stable predator.

people dont like frolf because they think that frisbee never produced any golf discs. they did produce a few golf discs that were interesting but poorly received by the snobs. i threw their midrange (called a true?) for a bit and it was a lot like a roc. so yes it is possible to frolf on a disc golf course.

by the way i love me some dga!. the squall is a nice long midrange that can hold a line and the tsunami is just a less stable predator.

... frisbee never produced anything but some flights. Wham-O made a few, though. I know that some people throw some '80 molds. But it's DGA and PDGA, not FGA and PFGA.

if you are going to try and lecture people, at least get your facts straight

frisbee never made a disc called the true, wham-o did

No mention or love for gumputts or blowflys?

I love my blunt gumputt. Awesome warm-up easy easy catch disc. I find it very useful at times for safety flopping lay ups and out of the woods to squarely die in the middle of the fairway. Sometimes for mid-rangish spike hyzer. It also drives a playing partner nuts when I use it for 20 foot soundless putts in which the chains barely move.

proline is the best imo.
feels like star but different. Kinda like champy star, but more champ than star.

Frisbee's not the manufacturer, Wham-O! is.

Frisbee® is a Registered Trademark of © 2004 Wham-o Inc. All Rights Reserved. so how is it incorrect to call these discs frisbees? does not the Frisbee® division of Wham-o Inc. produce this item? heck i dont even have any dogs in this fight but i just dont see why you cant call a frisbee a frisbee. im not asking yall to call any other manufactures product a frisbee but if the damn stamp says Frisbee® then its a frisbee.

i did mean to edit my earlier post but me soup was getting cold and the 5 minute window for editing disappeared. its really not news that Wham-o makes frisbees and i was wrong to claim that frisbee makes anything but their relentless advertising seems to have its effect and me brain did indeed think that one would understand that when one said frisbee then it would be understood that i intended to indicate the Frisbee® division of the illustrious Wham-o Inc. Many apologies for insulting the collective that is DGCR.

Frisbee® is a Registered Trademark of © 2004 Wham-o Inc. All Rights Reserved. so how is it incorrect to call these discs frisbees? does not the Frisbee® division of Wham-o Inc. produce this item? heck i dont even have any dogs in this fight but i just dont see why you cant call a frisbee a frisbee. im not asking yall to call any other manufactures product a frisbee but if the damn stamp says Frisbee® then its a frisbee.

i did mean to edit my earlier post but me soup was getting cold and the 5 minute window for editing disappeared. its really not news that Wham-o makes frisbees and i was wrong to claim that frisbee makes anything but their relentless advertising seems to have its effect and me brain did indeed think that one would understand that when one said frisbee then it would be understood that i intended to indicate the Frisbee® division of the illustrious Wham-o Inc. Many apologies for insulting the collective that is DGCR.

In common vernacular, we refer to catch discs, ultimate discs, or freestyle discs as "frisbees" or "lids" and golf discs as "discs". This is where the mis-communication lies.

You're awfully sensitive though, so you'll fit in real well around here.

let's all be angry for no good reason.

anyway, i still like DGA. right now i'm brokeass, so i can't buy more plastic. but i have a feeling i'd like the squall in SP line. just not sure it would gain me anything, that's all. though since i have a tendency to use a lot of mids, i could see myself using a long putter (my opto pure and pa4) and mid-tweener (squall) setup, then ditching the fairways? i dunno. that's experimentation for a time when i have more cash.

as far as proline goes, i'm on the fence. now that the temps are getting cooler and humidity is lower, i feel like all my discs have lost their gumminess and i can't grip anything for crap.

at the very least, i know my DGA breaker is so shallow i'll have a good grip on it no matter what. love the skips and OH rollers, and the SP tsunami was great for me in huge winds/huge hyzers until i lost it. i will be getting another.

I like DGA pretty good.

My opinions; keep in mind I'm at 5200' elevation:

I like the D-Line plastic WAY more than Pro D. Very grippy, not waxy. Feels like the back of a Kindle.

The D-Line Reef is my circle putter.

Pro-Line Breaker is a great upshot disc because I can throw it at 80% power and it only goes 250ft, I throw it with 100% power and it goes 260ft, easy to range. Must be the blunt nose.

Pro-Line Titanic, meh. It doesn't feel good in my hand and I get bad releases.

Pro-Line current run Aftershock, Pro-Line First Flight Aftershock, and D-Line Aftershock are my go to mids. Listed from most to least stable (You know what I mean).

My Pro-Line Squall is not at all flippy and cuts through head winds better than the Aftershocks.

D-Line Tsunami flies super straight with a dependable end fade.

Pro-Line Tsunami is a meat hook.

Pro-Line Undertow (lost and not replaced) sucks. Nose angle sensitive I guess.

Pro-Line and SP Rogue, meh. I have to throw them so hard to get them to fly well. I'm shopping for a D-Line Rogue for some turn and glide.

Pro-Line Hurricane same as Rogue. Just not special.

SP Hurricane, very beefy.

If I was forced to use only DGA mid-ranges I'd be fine with that. Everyone who doesn't try a current run D-line Aftershock is missing out.

I'd say the only things that are missing in the line-up, out of the box, are a flippy 12 speed driver and more traditional fairway driver.

Yeah, I'm quoting myself. I'll have to change my opinion of the Undertow. The one I lost was Pro-Line and I didn't like it at all. I finally got around to ordering another one, but this time it's an SP Line and it is a great flyer. I threw it 4 or 5 times during tags tonight and I find myself still thinking about it's nice tight S curves. I likey.

My club got our order in from DGA today. All SP line, and there are some really great colors that they are churning out. There were a couple Aqua Green colors that are awesome looking.

I've been giving the Pro-Line Hurricane another try, so I've been throwing it on almost every hole as a second disc for the past 1½ weeks. Finally it's seasoned to where it gets a little turn and a lot more glide. I must say, after using it yesterday as my primary long driver, I'm digging it. It's not quite as long as my GL Bolt, but it also never turned and wandered off the fairway. Nice, tight S.

Latest posts