• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Love?

Well, I'm all in with the Hurricanes. I can't get the distance I can with Bolts or Katanas but they sure end up in the fairway more often. The 2 Pro-Lines I have are flat. Any domey Pro-Line Hurricanes out there? I'd love to have a 165ish weight SP but they all seem to be in the mid 170's.

Hurricane.

... very similar discs. I like the feel of Proline better than Star. The Hurricane feels a little better in the hand. I could switch all my Hurricanes for Destroyers and I wouldn't lose too many flights, just the smile on my face.

My hurricanes aren't what I would consider "flat". I don't know what would be considered "domey" though ... I would say I have some domey proline hurricanes.

SDC10214.jpg

Hurricane.

... very similar discs. I like the feel of Proline better than Star. The Hurricane feels a little better in the hand. I could switch all my Hurricanes for Destroyers and I wouldn't lose too many flights, just the smile on my face.

My hurricanes aren't what I would consider "flat". I don't know what would be considered "domey" though ... I would say I have some domey proline hurricanes.

Good to know. Just want an alternative since the destroyers are all so different.

Got a new Glow Undertow today. It's my fav out of the 4 I've had/have. Both ProLine Tows just don't seem to fly nice or go far for the effort. The SP which I like is stable and the Glow is very understable so they make a nice pair. I don't understand why the ProLine Tows are so kludgy for me. I think Shasta Criss mentioned in his ITB video that he prefers the Glow Undertow. I see why.

Enjoying my Proline Squall. Great disc for frolfing it up, yo.

Yeah, like a faster, broken in Buzzz. Kind of a midrange/driver hybrid.

Could anyone who has thrown DGA discs compile a list of what they're similar to in terms of other manufacturers? You guys say that the Hurricane is overstable yet disc nation lists it as understable. Just trying to clear things up.

Last edited:
One of my favorite drivers is the Pro Line Rogue. I think the plastic feels a little like ESP/Star. I think it is a very straight disc that you can put a slight right turn on. I would compare it to a Surge SS for me (although a broken in Surge SS has less Low speed fade).

picked up a rogue the other day from a local shop. plastic feels, and looks more like big z then proline anyone else runner across this with new dga stuff.

picked up a rogue the other day from a local shop. plastic feels, and looks more like big z then proline anyone else runner across this with new dga stuff.

I think I know what you mean, but I saw it first when Torrents came out way back when...a touch more shine than the older Proline. Then more recently, the release of the Pipeline had a Proline blend that was even glossier with a more metallic, pearlier sheen.

Great blend, but I'm still looking to see when stores are stocking the new color sparkle SP.

Aftershock is a nice mid, Squall (my buddy uses it and its decent, but like a speed 6 disc and for me that's just too fast to put touch and too slow for fairway drives)

I have a Hurricane and its nice, its like 11/5/-1/2 and I like it, feels comfy and is controlled

I also have a Torrent, it was a first run in the ESP -like plastic, and it is a flippy turd and I plain don't like the disc at all

Aftershock is a nice mid, Squall (my buddy uses it and its decent, but like a speed 6 disc and for me that's just too fast to put touch and too slow for fairway drives)

I have a Hurricane and its nice, its like 11/5/-1/2 and I like it, feels comfy and is controlled

I also have a Torrent, it was a first run in the ESP -like plastic, and it is a flippy turd and I plain don't like the disc at all

Squall was always the disc in the DGA line-up that tempted me.

Latest posts