• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach Lite

I played in an event that used only travel baskets recently. Every big name basket was represented and by far the best on the course was the MachLite. I already suspected this, but it was nice to get a real scenario to feel out the differences. Those heavy chains and stable design make a huge difference. The trade off is that they're built like tanks and weigh a ton. If you have expectations of easily throwing that bad boy in a backpack, think again. I have a DG Nomad for that. My MachLite is great, although the webbing is ripping from the rim seam and the top sags on one side after a single season of "lite" usage. Provably the dumbest, most worthless thing on there is that plastic rod flag. I broke it off with a Wizard putter on my first throw.

Plastic Rod flags are useless on the fabric baskets, we lent our Innova Skill Shot to somebody until they got a basket. The Flag got lost in high winds right away at his place or it broke due to high winds, we never used it, my dad did at first but stopped after the first few times as the flag would get stuck in a skinny inner pocket of the bag that holds the basket during travel so he just stopped. Also very few of the permanent courses have flags on the baskets, only a few that are really nice courses have those wind in mph type indicator flags on the basket that some companies sell.