• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach Lite

Really? I find the target area on the mach lite much more comparable to regular course targets than the instep with it's really wide chain assembly, and the mach lite is a whole lot easier to move around if you want to set up a temp course by moving the basket.

Definately for walking around the match lite is better. I just find if you can drive a car up to the basket location the difference in breaking down between the two is negligible to me. The instep only takes up a bit more space broken down though the shape is problably more awkward.

In terms of target...I find both instep and match lite somewhat lacking compared to a 300 dollar basket in terms of visual target and catching ability. It's more just personal preference with the instep for me. They both will cut through if your not careful.

Been meaning to mention the Mach Lite Mod thread. I tried this too, and it brings the target in tighter and reduces cut throughs, but doesn't change the foldability. Great basket! :clap:

Hey Gorilla, shot you a message! :cool:

Thanks but I'm all about discgolfcenter.com :thmbup:. I've spent so much there over the last few years that I get 8% off anything I buy & I can pick what color I want (+ free shipping).

Thanks but I'm all about discgolfcenter.com :thmbup:. I've spent so much there over the last few years that I get 8% off anything I buy & I can pick what color I want (+ free shipping).

I don't think you can use your discount on baskets. I made it to 10% (I have a problem) and tried to get one a few months ago and wasn't allowed to. May have changed though.

I don't think you can use your discount on baskets. I made it to 10% (I have a problem) and tried to get one a few months ago and wasn't allowed to. May have changed though.

:thmbdown: I'm emailing right now to find out. That would be a serious kick in the balls if true.

^ You were right.....denied. Great website regardless.

I own a dga mach lite...and it's 50/50 on it for value. I've had it for about 3 months. The chains keep popping off the center ring. And the pin that you put in the pole to keep the basket up broke and so it keeps falling out of the basket and it collapses quite a bit.

Mine is great! I use it about twice a month for some basic putting and approaching. I've never taken it out to a course and I always put it away after use, so I see mine lasting a loooooong time. I got it from discgolfbasketstore.com from their "dent and ding" section for $139.00. Basket is fine, but the box it was shipped in had some slight cosmetic damage. :rolleyes:

I own a dga mach lite...and it's 50/50 on it for value. I've had it for about 3 months. The chains keep popping off the center ring. And the pin that you put in the pole to keep the basket up broke and so it keeps falling out of the basket and it collapses quite a bit.

On the chain ring, that sounds like a defect, neither of mine are doing that after 2-3 years of use. The pin is easily replaceable, I think I found one at a home depot that worked fine.

Can you stake the feet into the ground in case the wind gets real bad?

What wasn't mentioned is the base is three 1/8" wide pieces of metal so unless the ground is really hard you can just step on each leg and they'll dig right in..I don't believe I've ever needed to stake mine in.

Also helps level the basket when on an uneven surface:thmbup:

Been meaning to mention the Mach Lite Mod thread. I tried this too, and it brings the target in tighter and reduces cut throughs, but doesn't change the foldability. Great basket! :clap:

Exactly what I did to mine, love the tighter target:rolleyes:

Like Mashnut said you must have a defect, mine has been great for years and the people I know that have them haven't had issues either. Not calling you a liar I just don't recall hearing about issues with Mach Lites. Sorry about your basket:\

What about pliers or something similar for the ring? Should close it up.

OR...HomeDepot, wire hanger, ziptie, tape, etc.

I used a pair of pliers and crimped the clip on the pin and that fixed the issue of it flying off all the time. But...still have issues with my chains coming off the ring. I've been thinking about getting a piece shrink tubing and putting it on the ring and then heat shrinking it in place. That should fix the issue for a while I would think.

Does anyone know where to buy replacements fabric for the mach lite. The en has worn mine out quite a bit after over three years of use.

I played in an event that used only travel baskets recently. Every big name basket was represented and by far the best on the course was the MachLite. I already suspected this, but it was nice to get a real scenario to feel out the differences. Those heavy chains and stable design make a huge difference. The trade off is that they're built like tanks and weigh a ton. If you have expectations of easily throwing that bad boy in a backpack, think again. I have a DG Nomad for that. My MachLite is great, although the webbing is ripping from the rim seam and the top sags on one side after a single season of "lite" usage. Provably the dumbest, most worthless thing on there is that plastic rod flag. I broke it off with a Wizard putter on my first throw.

Was looking at a few portable options and elected for the mach lite. Just came in and first impressions are that it catches better than my Mach IIs. Very nice basket for travel use.