• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Overstable Midrange: The Quake

ThrowinGhost

Eagle Member
Ok, I started a new thread because of how awesome this disc is (and idk who would be able to change the "DGA Proto Mid" thread's name).

I have been throwing a proto one for about a week and a half now. I have to say, that this disc is securing it's place in my bag with every passing throw. It is very overstable first and foremost. It also flies pretty fast for a midrange. I throw a champ Shark for my slightly overstable mid out to about 300-320' pretty comfortable. This thing dumps left much sooner than the Shark (as I expected) out to about 260'. It's fade and overstability are similar to my jolly launcher Gator that I've had for a couple years now, but the Quake can get more distance for me.

Profile is similar in feel to a Buzzz OS, but to me it flies more overstable. Very flat top as well.

And just an fyi, a little birdie has told me that the First Runs should be coming in in the next week or two.

Thus ends my glowing recommendation/shameless advertisement :clap:

Hmmm, I was hoping for something a touch less stable than the Buzzz OS, but with a similar feel. Still, looking forward to trying one out. Can't find them online....How'd you get yours?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1PM4og...by=dgadiscgolf
(Here's that link again...in case anyone wants to see the profile.)

I got mine when my friend who works at DGA was selling the protos on the DGA collector page on facebook. Got it hand delivered that very same day haha. But I know all of the guys at DGA and they let me know that they should be getting their shipment in for the first runs next week, so we can probably expect to see them shortly after that I'm hoping.

You can also find some of the glow ones that were in the players pack at the CA AM state championships last week. I've seen a few pop up on the DGA collector page. From what I've heard, the glow are a little less overstable when compared to the proto I have.

I can't wait for the Quake! I have been dying for something more OS than the Aftershock. What's it like for approach shots?

Very overstable. When thrown soft, it wants to die hard to the left. Makes it very reliable too. I typically throw putters for my approaches though.

Hmmm, I was hoping for something a touch less stable than the Buzzz OS, but with a similar feel.

I'm assuming you've already tried the Wasp, but a Verdict might be worth a try.

I can't wait for the Quake! I have been dying for something more OS than the Aftershock. What's it like for approach shots?

I've also been wanting an Aftershock OS for a while now, and this is it. Like I said in the proto thread, it's basically a more comfortable Drone, but I find it easier to control at lower approach speeds. It's faster than a Breaker with twice the fade.

I'm assuming you've already tried the Wasp, but a Verdict might be worth a try.

Don't care for beaded mids...

I haven't thrown the Verdict yet, but I have seen a few locals toss them. They felt nice, somewhat similar bluntness of the Buzzz OS, but their numbers and the lines I've seen them thrown on, looked exactly like the Buzzz OS. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll toss one and see if it holds the spot down, while I wait for my OS to beat in a bit more. (My first run still hasn't seasoned enough.)

Anybody else gotten the chance to toss one of these yet? It's all the best parts of a gator flight + all the best parts of a buzzz in the hand!

For other people like myself who don't like beaded midranges, this is a huge win!!

First Run Quakes are available! Contact the DGA or wait till your preferred retailer gets them in. They are just as awesome as the Proto I have.

I'm really enjoying the Quake. It's beat down to hold straight longer than the Drone when powered up with zero turn. I'm still learning how to shape flex lines, but it fights out of anny releases nicely. It feels great in the hand, and is very comfortable to flick. It helped me put up 2 of my best ever rounds this week with hyzer approaches that left me easy putts. I do still need the Breaker for the shorter approaches that need to stick, but the Quake has been super useful in the woods and in the wind.

discgolfcenter.com just stocked 20+

Picked up a couple of first run Quakes at Texas State's this weekend and threw em a few times in the field. Forehands only so far, everything about the flight SCREAMS "longer Zone". This disc is going to win me over very quickly :thmbup:

Quake vs. Beadless Gator
HMtNiSsl.jpg

Quake vs. Verdict
RjYHYt7l.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts