• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Proto Mid

My Quakes arrived yesterday (Thanks Sias). The PL plastic blend is the pearly Pipeline blend; similar to Big Z, better than the newest Aftershock blend. The Quake is almost identical to the Drone. I'm 90% sure it has a Drone top, but the bottom is smoother and more rounded, making it more comfortable in the hand. But, this makes it tough for me to decide if the Quake wing is steeper or more swept. The Quake does have a higher PLH than the Drone, though.

I took them out for a field session with my PL Aftershock and Shockwave, SP Breaker and Big Z Drone. It flew most like the 7.5/10 Drone. It actually flew a lot like it. The only real difference I noticed was the Quake powers down better; it doesn't hook up as fast. It still has plenty of HSS and was holding hyzer lines in 15mph headwinds.

So far I'm very pleased with how the Quake has performed. It's a great midrange flick disc, and while I haven't found the touch yet, it should be good for flex lines. If it keeps its fade and doesn't start turning as it seasons, it will be a very useful addition to the DGA lineup and my bag.

Quake
21.6 outside diameter
18.6 inside diameter
1.5 rim thickness
1.2 rim depth
1.8 height

Drone

So smooth a mm off the bottom off a flat top Drone and you've got the Quake.

I found it interesting that despite being a mm wider, the Quake has a 2.5 g lower max weight:
Drone 178.5g/Quake 176g
The Archer shares similar measurements and is also 178.5g, so maybe just a typo.

Latest posts