• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR 10K in 2010 Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
**THIS IS THE OFFICIAL CONTEST ENTRY THREAD. ONE REPLY PER MEMBER PLEASE. YOU WILL FIND THE GIVEAWAY DISCUSSION THREAD HERE.**

With the 10,000 member mark closing in fast here on DGCR we thought we should recognize the event in some way. I don't know about you, but I can't think of a better way to commemorate the occasion than giving away some cool disc golf gear! Our friends at FADE Gear felt the same way and they've given us two bags to give to two lucky winners!

The grand prize is a FADE Tourney Bag in the color of you choice! If you miss out on the Tourney Bag, we also have a FADE Crunch Box Bag to give away in the color of your choice.

Entering couldn't be easier, the only requirement to enter is that you're an active member of the site and that you have all the location information in your DGCR profile filled out (that means city, country, state and zip code (if you're in the US)). What do we mean by "active" member? Just that you've participated on the site in some way by posting on the forum, using the scorebook, tracking your played/favorite courses, volunteering as a guide, uploading photos, writing reviews, etc.

To enter, just reply to this forum thread and answer a few fun questions.
  • Your 2 favorite courses (extra points for linking them so we can all check them out!)
  • Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share (optional)
Special thanks go out to our generous giveaway sponsor, Fade Gear as the excellent DGCR community. Thanks everyone and good luck!

* Please, only one entry per member. Winners will be chosen shortly after Jan. 1, 2010. Also, if you do not have your location information filled out and you are selected as a winner, you will be disqualified. So make sure to fill it out!

La Mirada back 18
Oak Grove

id like to see more libertarians and women on the site. please make it happen, Timmy. :D

might also be cool to be able to narrow the map results to courses in your wishlist. just a thought.

Last edited:
Lester Lorch Park - Coyote DGC

Lester Lorch Park - Beaver DGC

Sorry the courses are at the same location, but of all the places I've played so far, they are my absolute favorites.

Suggetions:
I would like to see a disc review section. I know there are other sites for this, but to be honest, this site might as well have it all in one place.

Also, 5 minute edit time for a post is too short. 30 minutes seems to be pretty good at other places I used to visit.

Thanks timg and thanks FADE GEAR!!!!!!!!!

Two favorite courses:

Meyer Broadway Park, Three Rivers, MI

Flip City, Shelby, MI

Northwood Park Morton IL
Akitas Run Vichy MO

One suggestion would be more giveaways like this contest!

IN!

Faves played would include Redan and Rogers Lakewood Park.

Love this site (wish I'd have found it sooner) and so far I've loved every change that's been added. Looking forward to our 10,000th friend joining and a nice spring so I can play, play, play!!!

Perkerson Park - Atlanta, GA
Fontana Dam - Fontana, NC

I love this site and everything it offers me! Keep it up Tim, et. al. you rule!!!

This is awesome!

Centennial Park - Lawrence, KS - my home course :D
Frisco Peninsula Rec. Area - Frisco, CO - went here for a summer a vacation and had a really good round... beautiful scenery :clap:

This website has been one of the best resources a disc golfer could ask for. Not just because of the reviews, but also because of the friendly forum community. As far as improvements to the site, I still think retailer reviews would be good as well as being able to see nearby retailers for each course.

Fave = The Crucible in Athens GA (temp par 69 KILLER course, not listed anywhere)
2nd = Perkerson Park Atlanta, GA

Great site Tim -- keep being open to comments/suggestions and implementing them -- the open source mentality is what makes your website so good. If you ever wanted cheap advertising, maybe give out free DGCR stickers to members so we could stick 'em around @ local courses

two favorite courses are

Cache La Poudre Jr. High DGC - this is where i learned to play ten years ago. i don't play it often but is always on my mind
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=679

Globeville Landing - My home course
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=679

I know these are not the best courses but these are the two courses that I have deep ties to, therefore making them my favorite

Every time I think of an improvement to the site, Timg is already on top of it. I would like a subfolder for disc review as well

Last edited:
My two favs:

Silver Creek Park - Manitowoc, WI - my favorite local park.

Lincoln Ridge Park - Independence, KY - Stopped in for Idlewild (and loved it), but actually had more fun here. I'd definitely hit both again.

Improvements:
I gotta agree with the post editing options in the marketplace. I've lost count how many times I thought I saw a great deal on a disc, only to find 15 posts down that it's long gone.

Aumiller Park in Bucyrus
Richmond Hill

I love this site - I am able to track what horrible scores I get, read all the suggestions about what I am doing wrong, feel insecure about how short I throw, and yet I still love it! :clap:
I have told every new disc golfer I have gotten started about this site - I truly believe this site has helped my game already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts