• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the disc went in then it was obviously the right disc for the shot, no matter the distance..

WRONG! I hate my life on the course sometimes a well:

"I threw a disc that landed in the top of the basket and it fell right through. I thought it counted, but my friend thought otherwise. Shouldn't it count as a basket?"

I was then corrected buy the new 2011 rules where that no longer counts:
"803.13 B: A disc observed by two or more players of the group or an official to have entered the target below the top of the tray or above the bottom of the chain support is not holed out."

Basically what that means is, if no one in your group sees it enter the basket, it's fair. PERIOD. If anyone does, it'd better enter the basket in the legal zone: Anywhere between where the chains hang on the roof and where the pig trough doesn't overflow. Make sense?

WRONG! I hate my life on the course sometimes a well:

"I threw a disc that landed in the top of the basket and it fell right through. I thought it counted, but my friend thought otherwise. Shouldn't it count as a basket?"

I was then corrected buy the new 2011 rules where that no longer counts:
"803.13 B: A disc observed by two or more players of the group or an official to have entered the target below the top of the tray or above the bottom of the chain support is not holed out."

Basically what that means is, if no one in your group sees it enter the basket, it's fair. PERIOD. If anyone does, it'd better enter the basket in the legal zone: Anywhere between where the chains hang on the roof and where the pig trough doesn't overflow. Make sense?

Easy there BC, He never said how it went in, just was asking if he was playing solo and made it and no one was there, does it count..

think for a second partner, have you noticed anybody counting the number of chains that they hit to decide their score? if it's inside the tray, it's in.

You'll learn a lot if you look through. I did. It took two weeks before I found out what the rules really meant! The disc HAS to go through the legal area - above the rim of the tray, and below the rim of the roof.

Can I count it:
If it bounces in (yes)
If it is wedged in the basket (no, not any more)
If it falls through the top (no)
If there are no witnesses (yes)
If it is a practice shot or a "redo" (no)
If it is in the chains but not touching the basket (yes)
If it goes in, but some one's dog steals it (yes)
If it does not go in, but a raccoon takes it into the basket to chew on (no)
If the hole is only 30 feet *cough BIGNIK :p (yes)
If it goes into the shorts, but you are playing the longs (no, black ace)
If it is the 5th friday of the month and you are wearing neon shorts (only if you are VeganRay, otherwise, why are you wearing neon shorts?)

I LOVe My 30 Footer .. In the summer when we get some leaves on the trees .. i will go out there and take a pic of the hole ... its easy short ... But chalenging line u have to play ..

BUt tnx of for the name drop Prerube :thmbup:

Thanks for the threads...... a friend advised me to take advise based upon ones skill level measured by the PDGA with their ratings system. What's a good rating?

This is what I do:
Is this an ace?
Can I call this an ace
An ace is not an ace if...
Is this an ace?
Is this an ACE?
How about this? is this an ace
Does this count?

An ace counts if
1. It is your first throw from the tee pad
2. the disc is fully supported by the basket/chains

It is not an ace if
1. you took multiple throws from the tee pad
2. it is wedged in or hanging from the basket
3. it landed on top of the basket

yes, If it is your first throw it is an ace. However, you can not count your first ace because you started an "Is this an ace" thread :p (- 1 ace)

He's now in the hole an ace. Not an ace in the hole. :hfive:

Sometimes I find myself having to play alone because of my main playing buddy's work schedule. I hate when I have a great throw and no one is there to see it. I have been playing about 9 months and have yet to get an ace. My question is this: If I get an ace and no one witnesses it, can I say that I have an ace?

some will say its not legit. my forst two aces came in a psan of three holes in a round i was playing by myself.

Can I count it:
If it bounces in (yes)
If it is wedged in the basket (no, not any more)
If it falls through the top (no)
If there are no witnesses (yes)
If it is a practice shot or a "redo" (no)
If it is in the chains but not touching the basket (yes)
If it goes in, but some one's dog steals it (yes)
If it does not go in, but a raccoon takes it into the basket to chew on (no)
If the hole is only 30 feet *cough BIGNIK :p (yes)
If it goes into the shorts, but you are playing the longs (no, black ace)
If it is the 5th friday of the month and you are wearing neon shorts (only if you are VeganRay, otherwise, why are you wearing neon shorts?)

If no one sees it hit cage and stick it counts right?

Sometimes I find myself having to play alone because of my main playing buddy's work schedule. I hate when I have a great throw and no one is there to see it. I have been playing about 9 months and have yet to get an ace. My question is this: If I get an ace and no one witnesses it, can I say that I have an ace?

As of now you consider it a blind ace. However, there are several ways of getting it to count fully, the most legit way you can find on youtube but it takes alot of work and youll need pigeon blood. Really, the easiest way is just to pinky swear your friends three times, and then swear on your mothers grave. If done correctly your stomach muscles will contract a little, and youll know that its been counted.

Thanks prerube, you sound very knowledgeable about the game. Are you a professional player?

i understand your anger over prerube. his job is not only knowing where things are, his job is being overly rude to new people. even though you spend some time wishing you could reach into your computer and snap him in two, he also provides a good service to the site and cracks some good jokes.

right now you are 100% hate for him.

soon, it will be 90% 10%.

after that you'll find a nice balance 50% 50% and be thankful that you learned how to use the search feature.

all in all, smart guy, good with the search, great for the site, and lucky that he is out of the reach of new folks.

:thmbup: prerube :thmbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts