• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got ace #4 on 7/3/12...Hole 1 at Windwood DGC in Houston, TX.

Same exact shot with the same exact disc on the same exact hole as my third ace, only 15 months apart lol (290' skip ace)

Recently aced # 13 at the red course at Codorus during a tournament for my first ever ace :D Pro Rhyno flick that hit nothing but chains and slammed the basket to give me a "1" on the card.

Had quite an interesting day the other day. Had two runs at an ace during one round. First one hit back side of basket, two bounced off tomahawk and sliced through. Couldn't believe my luck. It just so happened that I got a third run, this time it skipped and actually stuck. What a day.

In tryin' to learn how to throw a roc, I tossed one in during doubles tonight with four twosomes on our card and three behind us within eyeshot. As the novice in a group of local pros, it felt pretty good. And, I was surprised to learn they happily tossed in cash for the "show". $16 to boot.

Oak Grove #11, Fargo, ND (shortest hole on the course)

Just got my first ace at Blendon Woods DGC after nearly two years of disappointing "almosts", a little baby 146' with a SSS Magic. Left to right and a tree right where you want to throw it, and somehow I managed to toss a beautiful anhyzer into the chains. I called my shot to my son and nephew, and said "I'm going to ace this real quick.". CHING!

What followed was a very loud and ridiculous celebration that would have been worthy of an America's Funniest Videos finalist, at the very least. Pretty sure I scared away all nearby squirrels and birds.

My last one was at Hackett's Park on hole #4 which plays at about 260 feet. Used a beat up 2011 Memorial Championship buzz. Luckily for me it was during a doubles round so I ended up with $35 from the ace pot!

attachment.php

Does this count as an Ace!?! Hole #4 at Pinewoods Park in Tonawanda. I've come close a few times but this one luckily stuck on top of the basket. Regardless it was an awesome shot. :thmbup:

carney

Just got my very first Ace today! I start at hole 9 at Memorial Park in Frankenmuth, MI. I was doing pretty rubbish. I get to the last hole and notice that my form has been sloppy all game. I step up to hole 8 (final hole since I start at 9), and really make sure that I pull straight across my chest. It looks nice, I miss the tree to the left, then the one to the right, it makes it over the crest of the hill. Somehow manages to miss the smattering of trees around the basket...and CHIIIINNGG. The most amazing disc golf moment I've ever had!

I've never even hit metal on this hole, and I never expected to Ace it at all. Thanks to my sexy Purple River!

SO EXCITED STILL!!

Got my first ace at last month at a tourney at Rutgers in New Brunswick, NJ on hole 18. Threw a forehand with my soft Ion hit a picnic table, turned into a roller, rolled around the guardian tree, hit a root jumped right into the basket. It was the craziest thing I or anyone else in the group I was playing with has ever seen.

Got my first ace at last month at a tourney at Rutgers in New Brunswick, NJ on hole 18. Threw a forehand with my soft Ion hit a picnic table, turned into a roller, rolled around the guardian tree, hit a root jumped right into the basket. It was the craziest thing I or anyone else in the group I was playing with has ever seen.

Nice. :D

Got my first ace last week, while at Pender Island here in BC. Hole 11, which is super short, on a tricky course :) I threw a nice smooth hyzer with my Vector, just cleared the hanging tree and heard solid chains a second later.

2a0ba8f3.jpg

My ace on #!4 at Lincoln Ridge today was my longest at 240 ft downhill. it was my first tomahawk ace and first to be witnessed by another DGCR member.. DGCR VIPer even! As soon as the dx whippet left my hand I had the feeling it was going into the chains. I just didn't know the disc was going to skip in for the ace. The forward edge of the flight plate slammed into the ground and disc skipped up into chains against top underside of the basket and somehow stuck. Its a good day when you can play 24 holes at Idlewild and 24 plus holes at Lincoln Ridge and survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts