• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I skip aced hole 16 at Youth Park in St. Petersburg, 240 feet, was with RussMB. Threw a low hyzer to the right around all the trees and the crazy gusty wind that was throwing our discs all over the course today took my skip and slammed my boss into the chains. What a crazy day...discs were doing all sorts of ridiculous things like hitting an early tree and tumbling/rolling around to the pin, skips that went the wrong direction as the wind threw the disc the other way, etc.

ea5a2756.jpg

Today was the day I finally joined the Ace club. After so many close calls and bounce outs, I got an ace that completely suprised me. I was playing at Paseo vista in Chandler(its on a former dump, the whole course is elevated above the rest of the valley floor about 100-200 feet or so). It was a really windy day with the wind around 20 mph or so. The ace was on hole 14, with a vicious right to left crosswind. I decided to throw my TI wasp on an Anny line. I heard chains. From the box, you can only see the top part of the basket and a bit of the chains. When I heard chains, I wasn't too excited because I have hit chains waaay too many times. I ran up to where I could see it, and sure enough the disc was in the basket. That was awesome.

Hole 14 tee picture:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=3719&p=b4104ddd

Today was the day I finally joined the Ace club. After so many close calls and bounce outs, I got an ace that completely suprised me. I was playing at Paseo vista in Chandler(its on a former dump, the whole course is elevated above the rest of the valley floor about 100-200 feet or so). It was a really windy day with the wind around 20 mph or so. The ace was on hole 14, with a vicious right to left crosswind. I decided to throw my TI wasp on an Anny line. I heard chains. From the box, you can only see the top part of the basket and a bit of the chains. When I heard chains, I wasn't too excited because I have hit chains waaay too many times. I ran up to where I could see it, and sure enough the disc was in the basket. That was awesome.

Hole 14 tee picture:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=3719&p=b4104ddd

9 years... That's some wait! Congrats!!! :clap:

9 years... That's some wait! Congrats!!! :clap:

Wow, yeah, that's impressive! I barely got one in before my 1 year!

Thanks. I lost count of all the times I hit chains, basket, and even gone into the basket but popped out. I've come to the conclusion that there is a certain amount of luck so the disc actually goes in and sticks.

I'd be happy with just getting 1 a year. Sure it takes some skill, but you are right...there is a lot of luck involved! I have a friend that's played for some time now and he's on a 2 year Ace Drought!

Aced Hole #5 at Mt. Lebanon @ Cedar Hill Chill. Didn't play so well but took home $350!

2/1 The Blockhouse Tiki #10 68'
Over the Grill/Patio to the 12' high elevated basket.

I'll let you all decide on the relevance of this being an ace or not.

Ace #2 of year and short disc golf career, Same hole, same 170 ft easiest hole on the course, within one month and 3 days of the first. That didn't make it any less exciting or any less awesome feeling. This line was way better and hit dead center of chains and pole. With my same friend using the twin/replacement of my Red opto saint that i bought after I retired my 1st ace saint. Scott papa put some good luck magic on it before shipping it to me. This one will stay in bag and be prepared to add to the ace count.

Got my third ace today on hole 3 at Luther Britt Park in Lumberton, NC. Threw an Opto River on a slight hyzer. It turned over and kept gliding hitting the chains just as it started to come out of the turn. My longest ace so far at 283ft. :thmbup:

sD8Iiqi.jpg

First ace of the year today, Hole 7 at Acorn Park. 172g Opto Core down the path with a gentle turn into the chains. The friend I was playing with called it before I threw.

That's awesome! I know a few special needs that love to go disc with me and a few buddies.

There's a local kid here who has Down's Syndrome and I have personally watched him ace four times at CUmberland Green. He's actually really good and his parents/guardians are very supportive. I bet he plays 4 rounds a day there and can probably rule just about anyone on the course...but his dad/guardian says he perfers to play just with his family, which is understandable. Very nice kid, and funny too!

Got an ace last Friday with my new Premium Jokeri at Riverbend Park North hole #6! Third ace of the year!

Too bad it wasn't in the Shasta Series tournament on Saturday, it would have been worth some money.

Got my first two aces of 2013 last Thursday. Was visiting LA for work and was playing some new courses. Hit holes #2 and #6 at Liberty Park in Cerritos with my Ti Buzzz. Both holes are short (around 155 feet) and open, but two in a round on a new course......felt pretty good. Plus I finished eleven under on a pitch and putt - personal best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts