• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Premium Memberships

Tim, Just for advertising purposes, I think it would be worth having some sort of link for "premium memberships" on the front page -- just so people can find it and know how to sign up. It takes a little digging to even get to the premium signup. Maybe even just a tiny little crown in the upper left of the logo or something that is clickable. I dunno -- but you've done an amazing job (and continue to do an amazing job), and deserve to make it easy on yourself for folks to sign up for premium membership...

Hello Tim,

I too am having a hard time finding where to sign up for a premium membership and would like to further help support this site. Where do I find how to sign up?

I also do think that having this info more accessible on the home page would help bring more support to this wonderful site.

Thank you Tim.

I too am having a hard time finding where to sign up for a premium membership and would like to further help support this site. Where do I find how to sign up?
See the link in the first post of this thread.

I can add something to the home page or maybe just to the My Dashboard drop-down menu if someone isn't premium, a "Go Premium" link or something along those lines.

I do have links scattered throughout the site if you're logged in and not a premium member. They're not overbearing, just little reminders here and there.

Last edited:
I've been on the www since about 95 while residing in Austin so I tend to like the old school internet mentality of free stuff and open source but as much passion and time as the ADMIN puts into this place he is entirely justified in offering a pay to play portion of a web portal. I would urge folks to support the concept. I am not the type to sit at the computer doing data entry on my own scores. After years of playing that phase has past. Years ago I would have been on this function like gravy on rice.

I agree...I was using the web way back in the clunky BB days...

I've never used the scorecard thing on here and perhaps never will--but $25 a year is a small price to pay for what this site offers me...I remember after being on this site for about a month if Tim had a PayPal or something set up so I could donate for all his time and effort...I'm glad that there is a way to do that now...

Keep up the good work Tim

(plus, some scores I'm just TOO embarrassed to post for the whole world to see)

1. Has anyone attempted to convert the GPX file to a TomTom compatible file format?
2. Has anyone attempted stacking various GPX files to cover a whole State?

I downloaded a TomTom Disc Golf file from the TomTom user forums and I have been lost using it more than once..

Tim a few things:

1. This site is awesome. I can't think of any other single resouce that his killed my work productivity more. Thank you.
2. How many Premium Members are there? If you'd rather PM the response, that's fine.

I'll say there aren't enough. I hate to see the regulars who post 20 times each day and aren't members.

i'm sorry justin... some of us cant afford it

Fair enough. I certainly wasn't going to call anyone out and I know $25 means very different things to different people. I can afford it and I've told Time many times I'll give him as much money as I can afford.

Fair enough. I certainly wasn't going to call anyone out and I know $25 means very different things to different people. I can afford it and I've told Time many times I'll give him as much money as I can afford.

No worries MotoDj. Enough of us have been on both sides so we know how it goes.

Next time I get paid I'm upgrading to premium. I gave the PDGA theirs this year and now I'm going to take care of my other disc golf fix.

To restate the "what $25 means to different people" avenue...I think $25 from everyone who can afford it would make a bigger difference to Tim and the longevity of the site than it would to the individuals giving it.

I'm on the side of the fence where $25 isn't a big deal anymore. I'm not so far on this side that I've forgotten the other. Earning very little or being unemployed with student loans and credit card debt are not a distant memory to me. I love this site so I go out of my way to order the tags I might not use and a window decal I haven't put in my car yet.

I apologize for how I may have come across. Some of my biggest beefs with people around me are over situations where someone can't understand not being able to afford something basic or even extravagent.

Thanks Kris, I appreciate it (and no need to apologize!) :D

Hey, I just renewed my premium membership for year #2. I'm thrilled to be able to contribute to this site once again and I hope those who can afford to will join me.

Latest posts