• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Premium Memberships

Side note - jedwards - I love the fact that Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = CRAZY DELICIOUS comes up whenever you post. Nice...Nice... :)

Thanks runnaman, I appreciate the support!

i cant seem to export the GPX file. all i get is text. is there a way to possibly have a start and stop point and get all the courses within "x" amount of miles of the route programmed?

The GPX file is just a text file.. you'd download that and then upload it to your GPS unit. There isn't a way to do what you're looking for as far as a route goes since I have no way of doing point to point directions to know what route you'd take between A & B.

The GPX just exports the points currently on the map. I guess you could click along your route, export at each step and then try to remove duplicates before importing to your GPS.

The way I figure it... even if I don't ever need the Premium features, $25 is pocket change in order to support and keep this valuable site going. I hope many of your feel the same way, and are willing to support this site in every way that you can. :)

Thanks NauticalUrge, I definitely appreciate the support (and the kind words!) :)

I've been on the www since about 95 while residing in Austin so I tend to like the old school internet mentality of free stuff and open source but as much passion and time as the ADMIN puts into this place he is entirely justified in offering a pay to play portion of a web portal. I would urge folks to support the concept. I am not the type to sit at the computer doing data entry on my own scores. After years of playing that phase has past. Years ago I would have been on this function like gravy on rice.

I've been on the www since about 95 while residing in Austin so I tend to like the old school internet mentality of free stuff and open source but as much passion and time as the ADMIN puts into this place he is entirely justified in offering a pay to play portion of a web portal. I would urge folks to support the concept. I am not the type to sit at the computer doing data entry on my own scores. After years of playing that phase has past. Years ago I would have been on this function like gravy on rice.

Amen! The score tracker should really be used to track our own individual progress and not bragging rights vs others on that course.

I could see not allowing people to enter their own pars and only allowing the pars for the course's Hole Info page to count but what Tim has in place makes it more customizable.

Tim, I LOVE what you have in there. Though I've only been using the tracking for a month or so I think it's great and since I've always tracked number of missed putts I especially love that you have a space for that feature are well as a note field for every hole.

I'm with Eric on this one. Numbers are better than words in this case.

Tim,

I want to enter another plea to adjust the Advanced Stats display.

The current numbers reported are pretty much worthless under the column headings of:
Aces D. Eagles Eagles Birdies Pars Bogies D. Bogies T. Bogies

Since any member can adjust their scorebook entry to list whatever value they want for "par" there is no standardization as to what these numbers mean.

E.g. if a 450' hole has DGCR "Par" of 4, and DGCR "Pro Par" of 3 and the Advanced stats tell me that there were 10 birdies, 17 pars, and 22 bogies. I really don't know what the scoring distrubution on that hole was.

It would be significantly more useful to display the raw scores for each hole, i.e. Number of 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 7's, 8's, and 9+'s.

Thanks for considering.

x3 - would be a great change to implement! Although I might get sad when I don't see BIRDIE for all my 4's :D JK of course!!!

That would actually be way easier to do than what I am doing to figure out the aces, etc.

Latest posts