• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Secret Santa Christmas 2012

I'm in for one. I sent the email to Solomon earlier today and bcr is vouching for me.

I wear a large shirt in most brands.

You can see what I have in my bag in my sig, and that's an indication of what I might like. Except the Innova stuff I bought when I didn't know any better. :)

I like:
- The smaller disc makers like Lat 64, Westside, MVP, and Vibram (I have a Vibram set coming early next week - Lace, Trak, Ascent, Obex, Ibex, and Ridge).
- Discs that are easy to spot - bright colors, white, pink, yellow, bright orange.
- Wizards. I play with Softs and G9i and Mediums, but anything else would be nifty to try out.
- Drivers in the mid to upper 160s, mids and putters 170 and up.
- Unique and cool minis (for use as markers). I have some generic ones, but nothing special.
- My wife and daughter play too, and have their own lightweight discs, custom embroidered pink NutSacs (ha ha), but something for them would be okay.

I don't particularly care for:
- Nothing collectible. I'm not a disc collector and likely never will be.
- Innova stuff. When I grab discs to go play I generally don't grab too many Innova discs.
- Complex stamps (they're not as easy to spot in the bushes and I feel bad throwing "art"). I don't own any brainwave or some of those circle dyed discs, but wouldn't mind having them if they're easy to see. I have a tie-dye Teebird that I never take out because it's easy to lose.
- Glow. I won't dislike Glow, I just don't play disc golf at night, so I have no need for it. Unless it's cool in the daytime too. :D
- I don't drink much and I never smoke.

I hope that's helpful. I also hope that I can put together a reasonable package that someone will enjoy. :)

I'm in and confirmed!

Throwers are in the the sig (pretty much all z/champ/GL) and wall hangers are at some other house. Drivers are all about 170, mids are 176-180 and putters are as close to 175 as I can get. I really am looking at converting to an all day-glow yellow bag.

Shirt size is L-XL and hat size is L-XL (7 5/8).

I like malty craft beers.

Been considering a briar pipe.

Big Detroit Lions Fan.

Not a big fan of: MVP Putters, Discraft Drivers, Innova mids!, cheese heads, bears, cats.

Really just down for the fun of the secret santa.

First box is set up and ready to ship.

dear secret santa,

i like to throw...
BB aviars
panther
buzzz
trident
eagle - X and L
wraith

i dont really care for...
-superfast drivers
-yellow or tyedye

used w/ink is ok with me as long as its not excessive
i wear XXL shirts and L/XL hats
DG Posters or anything cool for my bag would be sweet
beer - IPA's

hope this helps...i'll try to think of some more ideas to add later

thanks secret santa

SS Update

Would like to try and throw:
Paul Mcbeth champ flat top roc non F2 is possible 175g-178g
GL Saints between 170-172G--no gold--pearly is a plus
C-PD between 170-172G
Champ Gators between 173-175G
ESP Comets between 167-170G
11x or 12x pre flight rating stamp teebirds between 171-173G
C-line FD(jackal)-171-173G--pearly is a plus
Evolution warlock @172g

Colour Preferences (in order):
Bright Pink
Pink
Red
Blue
Neon orange

Colors I don't like
Greens
Yellow
Clears
And colors that blend with leave

Measurements:
Shirts L
Hats L

Dear Secret Santa,

My current bag set up looks something like this:
King
Giant
Sword
Boatman
Saint
XXX
Glow TB+
Warship
Neutron Vector
Jokeri
Ion
Wizard
Black Swan.
Air Halo

I'm interested in trying Air Discs and a Volt. Surprise me with plastic type and weight. Good ole KC Pro Rocs are great too. Colors: I like White, blue, red and silver. Shirt-XXL Hat size XL/XXL. I love IPA's. I've been a great guy this year and look forward to ANYTHING you can spare (although Discraft gets immediatley donated to the thrift store down the street :) ) Thanks Santa!

Got my names! Now the fun starts!

I'll have to check my email. It'd be good to make use of the Black Friday sales to get some things if possible.

Edit: no name yet. Hopefully in the next half hour or so, but if not, it just eliminates a few buying options. :)

Last edited:
25 people left to get pms. should be by tomorrow night

If that's in response to me, no worries. I wasn't expect anything until Sunday or so. Any earlier is a bonus.

Are we supposed to try to keep our identities secret to the recipient? I saw in last year's thread that didn't seem to be a big priority, so to speak... :)

Did some Black Friday shopping. Managed to get free shipping and 10% off order at Innova factory store:thmbup:

Latest posts