• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGN: The Disc Golf Network

I don't think Paul had anything to do with it, Ricky did it all himself.

Of course every coin has two sides. Ricky's personality, even if it's not always prepared or curated, is for many far more engaging and relatable.

It's true, tons of awkward dudes in disc golf.

I was about to re-up with DGN and realized math is my friend:

First tourney starts Feb 17th, the last event ends Oct 15th so an interval of 9 months. A 12-month subscription costs 129.99, but if you only pay for 9 months in advance it's $116.

Why would anyone pay for more months with no tournaments in them?

If you have a PDGA membership, it is only $6.49/month. An amateur membership at $50, makes the total yearly package SLIGHTLY cheaper.

Bush league. How do you not sit down with both players for 5 minutes before the shoot and cover the rules, what to expect and how things were going to go for the filming. Guess we should be thankful it was free, huh? :sick:

FPO was not much better.
It was cringe worthy and unprofessional how the draft played out. I agree that a simple 10 minute meeting before the live air would have cut out all the awkwardness and unprofessionalism appearance.

For the millionth time over…Paul made Rick look like a fool.

Rick has gotten better with his public speaking but the difference between the two is worlds apart.

Rick might have some of the best raw talent out of anybody…but aside from that he doesn't have much else…

Paul is a professional, Rick is just really good at throwing frisbees.

I don't think Paul had anything to do with it, Ricky did it all himself.

Of course every coin has two sides. Ricky's personality, even if it's not always prepared or curated, is for many far more engaging and relatable.

I think Paul is just always waiting to pounce. He's looking for opportunities to strategize and Ricky is just trying to make people like him.

It was cringe worthy and unprofessional how the draft played out. I agree that a simple 10 minute meeting before the live air would have cut out all the awkwardness and unprofessionalism appearance.

Agreed. If you're going to promote content to the extent that the DGN did for this "event," at least have a pre-pro meeting!

Not picking on you here and totally off topic.

I can't wait for the term cringe to jump the shark. Saying something is "cringe worthy" is nowhere near as bad as saying "that's cringe," but I've had my fill of the word entirely at this point.

Not picking on you here and totally off topic.

I can't wait for the term cringe to jump the shark. Saying something is "cringe worthy" is nowhere near as bad as saying "that's cringe," but I've had my fill of the word entirely at this point.

The Cringe/Based binary and its consequences have been disastrous for society.

Not as bad as jump the shark tho lol

Both better than beg the question.

Which part? You think DGN is getting inkind from Halal instead of cash? That might make me more interested in getting involved with DGPT tbh, their trucks bang here in NYC.
This sent me down a rabbit hole.

So I looked up the company first to see if there was anything posted about them, specifically, being anti-inclusion (didn't find anything). Led me to their wiki.

Thought the background was interesting. And it reminded me, for obvious reasons, of the episode of the Simpsons where Homer goes to NYC to recover his car and eats Khlav Kalash from a street vendor. Couldn't remember how that was spelled, so looked it up on the Simpsons wiki.

Got this article:
https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Khlav_Kalash_vendor
Homer encountered him in New York City. He also sells Crab Juice and Mountain Dew.[1]

After accidentally wandering into Springfield's Russian District, Lisa was approached by a number of street vendors attempting to sell her stuff, including the khlav kalash vendor.[2]

He was once seen selling balloons (all of which Moe bought).[3]

He is seen in Town Hall and as part of the angry mob.[4]

He was seen selling lamb kebabs at the Squidport.[5]

When the Simpson family returned to New York City, Homer heard the familiar voice of the vendor. He then made a comment about him and his cart, then turned around to see a huge building dedicated to the foodstuff. The vendor was wearing a suit and seemed to be doing well for himself.

First episode aired in 1997, about five years after The Halal Guys transitioned from hot dogs to halal food. The last episode mentioned there, where they return and see a full fledged restaurant, was in 2012.

In 2014 The Halal Guys opened their first brick n mortar restaurant on a corner in NYC.

Was the Khlav Kalash guy yet another instance of The Simpsons "predicting the future"?

So I looked up the company first to see if there was anything posted about them, specifically, being anti-inclusion (didn't find anything). Led me to their wiki.\

Correct, people seem to think that people like this are transphobic because they're religious nutjobs. Actually Islam makes no claims about trans people (nor does the Bible). As long as you're not having sex outside of marriage it's Halal and someone needs to tell Nate.

So I looked up the company first to see if there was anything posted about them, specifically, being anti-inclusion (didn't find anything). Led me to their wiki...

"The Halal Guys was awarded the 2014 Multicultural Award by the American Muslim Consumer Consortium for their promotion of diversity and multiculturalism, and their inclusivity to all minorities in America."

I'm not sure exactly what this means but it sounds good.

Hey all, my name is Andrew, VP of Marketing at The Halal Guys and an avid disc golfer. I got a Google alert about our brand being mentioned in this forum, so wanted to hop in. I love disc golf personally and given my job, wanted to find a way to bring more attention to the sport and financial support of the DGPT.

On behalf of The Halal Guys, I wanted to say thank you all for the kind words. If you haven't, I do hope you give us a try. I look forward to being a part of the DGPT for years to come!

swiftmo-twitch.gif

The nearest HalalGuys is like 130 miles away. Never been. If I bring in a gyro disc (MVP/Axiom) can I get a gyro served on it?
There is one like 170 miles away from me. Sadly, it's in Kansas City; I loves me some gyros and falafel but if I'm in KC I'm eating barbecue and that is non-negotiable.

Someone should open one here, we have a STEM college with a lot of international graduate students and no place to get falafel or ghanoush. :\ It's like we want them to hate being here. :|

I missed something, though. Why are we talking about the Halal Guys on a disc golf forum? Are they sponsoring something?

if I'm in KC I'm eating barbecue and that is non-negotiable.

Any recommendations?

Went to Joe's last time and was not impressed. :thmbdown:Brisket was dry and gray. Ribs were not properly trimmed. Beer tasted skunked. Only decent part was the sauce.

Maybe heading over to KC on Saturday to bag some courses. Any recommendations on where to play on the Missouri side?

Any recommendations?

Went to Joe's last time and was not impressed. :thmbdown:Brisket was dry and gray. Ribs were not properly trimmed. Beer tasted skunked. Only decent part was the sauce.

Maybe heading over to KC on Saturday to bag some courses. Any recommendations on where to play on the Missouri side?
To me you have to start old-school with Arthur Bryant's and Gates. If you haven't figured out which one of those you prefer, you have missed fundamental steps in KC barbecue appreciation. The original Arthur Bryant's is down the street from the American Jazz Museum/Negro League Baseball Hall of Fame and makes a great lunch/afternoon combo.

Joe's is usually good, though. You hit 'em on a bad day maybe? I'm actually not super-picky; there is a SLAP's around the corner from the B&B we stay at and I leave there full. So what do I know?

For disc golf I go to Waterworks, go eat some barbecue, and go back to Waterworks. I used to take nostalgia rounds at Swope and Rosedale but Swope is gone and Rosedale is Rosedale.

You should really ask somebody else. :|