• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - 2018 Utah Open Presented by Prodigy Disc

Yea, Barela and him were tied at -6 but AB got another to get to -7. Still got 5 holes left.

Last edited:
How old is AB? Like 17? 18? I wonder if he plans on dedicating himself to disc golf full time or if he's gonna step back.

Just watched the FPO coverage that is the front end of the live coverage. Enjoyed seeing the ladies play. They apparently has some technical difficulties with the commentary, though. And hopefully they'll up the volume for the MPO coverage...

Just watched the live MPO coverage. Excellent golf, Paul McBeth is lighting it up. Commentary was okay, especially after they worked out some things on commentary of the holes as the (excellent CCDG) drone footage was shown.

Should be fun tomorrow,especially with the FPO players.

Came in late, so I joined the MPO live coverage in progress on the 2d hole. I'll go back and watch the FPO and the CCDG coverage tonight or tomorrow morning. I generally enjoyed the round, wondering why Cory was playing on the card and Bitney was doing CCDG coverage. ;) :p

One thing I did not like: I got real tired of Terry and Dixon constantly whining about how bad the card was playing. Uh, looked like some very strong winds and some conservative play to me. What, are they so jaded now that they expect Paul and Wysocki to make every 50 foot putt? and every drive off the tee to be absolutely perfect? Sheesh.

I'm hardly ever a fan of ball golf courses, but I like the way this one is utilized.
I agree that the whining of the card play was getting old. Terry saved it and had me truly LOL with his "For me it's watching them walk down the fairway" comment poking fun at the commercial like the chat always does.

Came in late, so I joined the MPO live coverage in progress on the 2d hole. I'll go back and watch the FPO and the CCDG coverage tonight or tomorrow morning. I generally enjoyed the round, wondering why Cory was playing on the card and Bitney was doing CCDG coverage. ;) :p

One thing I did not like: I got real tired of Terry and Dixon constantly whining about how bad the card was playing. Uh, looked like some very strong winds and some conservative play to me. What, are they so jaded now that they expect Paul and Wysocki to make every 50 foot putt? and every drive off the tee to be absolutely perfect? Sheesh.

We don't expect them to make every 50 footer. But they played BAD. It was sad. Ricky, Paul, & Bittney all missed a BUNCH of puts inside the circle that they are normally making. I am doing the SmashCutt now and I am forced to rewatch them. It wasn't good.

973 and 1007 golf is pretty lousy, no matter the conditions

Even if the course isn't the best to watch, I'd rather be watching live disc golf than not :thmbup:

Id rather watch baboons f$%& than watch live coverage on a ball golf course with Terry and Dixon.

I can wait for Gomez and CCDG:thmbup:

We don't expect them to make every 50 footer. But they played BAD. It was sad. Ricky, Paul, & Bittney all missed a BUNCH of puts inside the circle that they are normally making. I am doing the SmashCutt now and I am forced to rewatch them. It wasn't good.

973 and 1007 golf is pretty lousy, no matter the conditions

I'm not saying the players played well, but the commentators were over the top droning on and on about it. Maybe a comment halfway through, a comment when Eagle caught up to them on the leaderboard, a comment at the end. But after a while, the endless comments on how bad the play was (and I'd love to play those pros's level of 'bad') was much more irritating than the bad play itself...

And just to round out with some positive comments: very good job talking about each hole's layout and strategies as the CCDG drone coverage was being shown, and I thought Dixon did a nice job suggesting ideas how the players could attack the basket or be conservative for their next shots. Good commentary about how the taller grass was not allowing skips, as that's not easy for home viewers to see on screen. And Terry did a good job passing along info on possible discrepancies with the Udisc scoring, and getting confirmations of what was going on with the scoring. And a good job explaining the Eagle saga, the rules in question and the application of them, as well as the new rule about taking a lie further back in the line of play to get reasonable footing. :thmbup:

It looks like winning this tournament hinges on throwing fewer OBs than the other contenders. More like darts than golf.