• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Dynamic Discs Open

Nope... he just took a triple bogey on 8 and with Keith getting the bird, 7 stroke lead is now 3 with 10 to play...

Lets see if Emerson can keep it going on a tough hole 9

Paul misses his par... now 2 strokes :popcorn:

I wouldn't put it passed Paul to ace no10. That line from the tee is one that he throws as well or better than anybody in the world.

Keith shanks into the OB lol

Last edited:
I wouldn't put it passed Paul to ace no10. That line from the tee is one that he throws as well or better than anybody in the world.
...or shank it right next to Emerson. Man this wind is just wreaking havoc on these guys. I can't imagine how hard it is to play under pressure in these conditions.

Paul misses his par... now 2 strokes :popcorn:

Keith shanks into the OB lol

So apparently Emerson's drive snuck thru all the crap on the right side of no10 and was actually in bounds.

..and it now 1 stroke with calvin 3 back

Looking like Paul is going to be back up by 3 after 13. Made 3 awesome drives after taking bogeys or worse on 3 straight holes and having a 7 shot lead dwindle to 1. That's why he is 5x right there. When the pressure is at its highest, he makes the tough shots look easy.

Looking like Paul is going to be back up by 3 after 13. Made 3 awesome drives after taking bogeys or worse on 3 straight holes and having a 7 shot lead dwindle to 1. That's why he is 5x right there. When the pressure is at its highest, he makes the tough shots look easy.

make it 6x soon <3

What an awesome round by Calvin. -10 bogey free and if Paul throws the same approach shot on 18 as he did yesterday, we could have a playoff...

...or not, lol.

Wait until you see the Preserve this weekend then. It's on a former golf course, all the dead grass and brown greens make Emporia look like a paradise.

Yeah, after all the hype I was expecting something tighter and more interesting and less golf-y, but it's yet another mostly-open golf course venue, and it doesn't look so great on camera (though in person I imagine it's pretty great).

Overall, the coverage/commentary has been a good step up, and I'd say professional enough. Some questionable camera work but you can only ask for so much improvement all at once. Very happy with it.

Its gotta be a nightmare trying to film a course like Emporia CC and especially in the wind they had today. The catch cam guys almost need to be psychic with all the potential lines some of these guys can throw.

Yeah, after all the hype I was expecting something tighter and more interesting and less golf-y, but it's yet another mostly-open golf course venue, and it doesn't look so great on camera (though in person I imagine it's pretty great).

I mean it's fun, don't get me wrong. It doesn't have the upkeep of a functioning golf course though. I think if they mix and match holes from both courses it'll be pretty good. It's no Maple Hill or Idlewild though.

Calvin by far had the best round of the tournament, IMHO. Other than a slow start yesterday (+3 first 2 holes), he was (-21) over his last 34 holes. In very rough wind today. Wow. He really looks poised to be a contender in every tournament he is in. Very solid putting, seems like he has the mental game, good enough distance, and very consistent. Forehand is not a big strength but so far it hasn't had to be.

Paul needs to send a thank you card to that spotter yesterday (and maybe the tree on 17 today). :)

Latest posts