• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Green Mountain Championship Sept 9-12

Correction:
I thought Dickerson ended up with par, despite throwing OB.

I was so tempted to walk away after Ricks bogey, but glad I didn't. Wow. Tight finish!

Great performances by Chris and Ricky!
Winner, winner, Robot Chicken dinner.

Live broadcast froze for me just as they were going to explain 11. Can anyone clarify?
Same here.

Not that it makes a difference at this point, but I'd like to know how 11 went from par with an OB penalty, to bogey. Did anyone catch what happened?

Hopefully, the Jomez coverage addresses it. :\

Sarah Hokom isn't necessarily the best FPO player in the US, but she just might be the steadiest performer.

She seems to perform closer to her potential ceiling round after round, week in and week out. She doesn't have the big distance or upside that Paige, Hailey, or Cat do... but she doesn't seem nearly as likely to get on the roller coaster the others can't seem to stay off of for several events in succession.

Much of that is due to her tendency "stay within her game" and play higher percentage shots. The others definitely push the risk/reward envelope harder than she does. But I really admire her consistency, winning attitude, and approach to the game.

as a HUGE fan of Sarah i am glad to see that someone else appreciates the course management aspect of her game. i am also a forehand dominant player after 20 yrs playing strictly backhand (and 20 yrs forehand by necessity)and i know how you have to look at a hole and pick your opportunities. unless a lefty designed it you are usually screwed. i just wish i could give her a few days of putting instruction :)

Hard to find two players that plays the game more diffrent than Hokom and Paige.
Hokom plays the "stay within her game" well . . .Paige plays att 110% beyond her skill level

Paige play on hole 4 is a good example....she goes for the hyper high risk Eagle, not even the men goes for that.
I hope Paige can fix her drive, in the woods it have been terrible . . .i really like Elaines commentary about Paige trying to hard of the tee.

Nice play hailey, if she can control her mood she will be the first 1000 rated FPO player.

Stopped watching live around hole 4, resumed in the morning, stopped again at 11...

Watched Jomez and was blown away by #16 and #18.

Really bad unforced errors by Dickerson on 16... But the luck he had not going out of bounds while 2 people throwing wider shots were zooming OB right there. A playoff would have been epic. Advantage Ricky for sure, momentum wise.

There were no type of tee pads that would have had grip yesterday. With being in the woods and dirt being walked onto the teepads there was nothing to do. Also, pros should be able to make adjustments in what they do to be able to adapt to the conditions.

You are very correct. I've played Smuggs in tournaments before (Am side if GMC last year, multiple Brewster Ridge Opens, and was planning on playing the am side this year before the course shakeups), and concrete would be dirt filled almost immediately on Brewster for sure. Any recent moisture in the soil up here and it just clogs up concrete pads. Fox Run could probably use concrete and be fine, but I suspect there's some sort of environmental/visual concern with them on Fox.

Latest posts