• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open Apr 16-18

Concerning putting stats: This is the first time I've seen the Jonesboro course, but it seems like it had a ton of really tough greens. A lot of elevation puts. I wonder if this attributed to some putting struggles for certain players.

I don't understand this at all, why is Paul practicing with Magnets?

Here is a potential clue, in a article about the recent history of Discraft:
McBeth's first exposure to Discraft came at Junior Worlds in 2005, a tournament sponsored by Discraft. There, he picked up a Buzzz for the first time. It was the only Discraft disc he threw besides "maybe Magnets. I think I putted with Magnets, because Steve Rico putted with Magnets."

Not sure if that's actually meaningful or not, but going back to something familiar from long ago is a pretty common thing to do when you aren't feeling comfortable with where you are at.

Respect for the consistency Ricky showed on this one.

Watching on Jomez--for the first time I muted the commentators. Watching the three rounds in a row...the clutter of the background noise from mic'd up players and the very aggressive "bro time" between the two commentators just got really grating. It was round 3, probably hole 2 with the vampiric "these awesome pros steal other people's distance" extended nonsense goof that did it.

Keep it classy guys. Usually the commentary is adding a lot to the round by explaining the holes and filling out what you see the disc doing. This time, however, was no good.