• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 OTB Open May 20-22

is it time to wonder whats up with Paul?

And Simon looks to be a VERY good wind player, his putt cuts through wind in a very nice way

Kona only 5 back after the first round. Is she likely to keep it under 10 strokes behind the leader in this event? She was pretty far off a few weeks ago before she came down with an illness.

What does everybody think about the logs placed to prevent rollers?

I get using numerous low clearance shots to prevent big hyzers. I think for the most part everybody seems to enjoy that design element. Yeah there were a lot of rollers thrown last year, but rollers aren't necessarily a gimme birdie magic bullet. If you get the angle wrong you can end up way out of position, and high wind and short golf course grass can cause them to behave weirdly.

Sure they can get you birdie or eagle looks compared to a low laser beam tee shot but they can also lead to disaster. The logs look goofy out there. A fantastic roller definitely makes for a highlight reel shot. Personally I think the course would be better without them.

I get using numerous low clearance shots to prevent big hyzers. I think for the most part everybody seems to enjoy that design element. Yeah there were a lot of rollers thrown last year, but rollers aren't necessarily a gimme birdie magic bullet. If you get the angle wrong you can end up way out of position, and high wind and short golf course grass can cause them to behave weirdly.

Sure they can get you birdie or eagle looks compared to a low laser beam tee shot but they can also lead to disaster. The logs look goofy out there. A fantastic roller definitely makes for a highlight reel shot. Personally I think the course would be better without them.

logs are overshadowed by how generally boring the course is

I definitely want to talk about this topic… but in more general terms, so I will bring your comment into a new thread in the course design section.

Hope that's OK..

Wonder if Simon is "forced" to play more safe now that he can´t practise the courses that much anymore? And "play -safe-Simon" seems too get better results than "try-fun-things" Simon,

Wonder if Simon is "forced" to play more safe now that he can´t practise the courses that much anymore? And "play -safe-Simon" seems too get better results than "try-fun-things" Simon,

It's super fun to see "dialed back" Simon out there and you still see a few Simon lines. The compression sleeve w/ kinesiology tape has me a bit worried how bad it is under there. I'd love to see the guy playing for a long time.

Maybe the best thing for Eagle will to be to see dialed back Simon's recent success.

Simon is one of those players, like Matty O, where the sport is just way better when they're relevant. Likable personality and honestly looks like they're having fun out there.

With the card Simon have today i feel it is a risk he will go all out not to be outdriven. ..

Latest posts