• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Live Coverage Will Be Paywalled

Downloaded the Disc Golf Network app and it is working so much smoother. No cuts. Definitely go get the app. Don't see rewind ability but running smooth

Was watching the DGN site on my laptop and when it first started, there wasn't any options accept volume and full screen. I had to refresh at one point and when it came back up, it was on "DVR" mode with all the options. Not sure if you can do the same thing on an app though...

I'm also mildly annoyed that Jamie keeps telling me to drink a beer. I get that Bevel is a probably a fairly large sponsor, and it wouldn't bother me much if he said "drink another budweiser, the title sponsor of the pdga" or something, but the generic "grab a cold one" ... Lol, I'll just shut up and drink an ice cold generic cola.

Looking at the content schedule, I think I'll probably just get the bang for my buck and wait until the GLO, Idlewild, Ledgestone stretch (I believe those all happen within 1 month of each other?). It's not that $9 is a ripoff or anything, it's just not enough value.

Memorial showed the production quality was sufficient, though.

I paid for the coverage. How do I watch it lol? It says live on the app. Then the wheel of death goes round and round wtf. Watching on a phone. No starting over? GTFO.

Are we just used to jomez? BC the commentary was absolutely terrible. The quality of the video when it wasn't buffering was good.

Are we just used to jomez? BC the commentary was absolutely terrible. The quality of the video when it wasn't buffering was good.

The buffering was most likely on your end. I have heard no one else complain about that.

There was some signal issues in the woods, and the booth had an audio problem at first, but no buffering.

The buffering was most likely on your end. I have heard no one else complain about that.

There was some signal issues in the woods, and the booth had an audio problem at first, but no buffering.

I finally got a new laptop and actually got to watch live DG in HD...:D

...had a few bucks left over so I went ahead and sub'd so I could watch Brodie play. Had some minor signal problems on the first couple woody holes but not too bad.

That's what I was taking about. I don't know what else to call it other than it looks like the signal was lost.

That's what I was taking about. I don't know what else to call it other than it looks like the signal was lost.

If you mean the picture quality going in and out, its because of the high tension power lines in that area of the course. Its been much worse in previous years.

On the Disc Golf Pro Tour Youtube side they turned off the Commentarys. Nearly all Negativ because off the paywall!
Hope the paywall thing doesnt work!

I thought about them propably posting the live recording on youtube the next day. In my case it's not worth paying for the live broadcast anyway, as I could never watch it due to the time difference. But if they would post the live recording next day on youtube, we could watch at least the live card which is not covered by any of the other companies. Never heard someone mentioning that, just wondering, thought that could be good for both sides. For the DGPT to make money and all the people who really want to watch the live broadcast there is DGN and all the others who want to watch the feature card but either don't want to watch the live broadcast or, for whatever reason, don't want to pay for it, there would be the possibility to watch the recording the next day for free, just like the other filmed cards.

On the Disc Golf Pro Tour Youtube side they turned off the Commentarys. Nearly all Negativ because off the paywall!
Hope the paywall thing doesnt work!

What? When? Was this on Youtube as well? Some pay-per-view part of Youtube?

I really really like the chat for what its worth. The stupid posts can be ignored easily, usually there some good info and a lot of good jokes etc. to kill the time. I hope they have the Youtube chat up on Saturday.

Late 2019 when they didnt have chat, I tried to substitute with the UDisc chat... poorly. Not enough action on there and you need another device, whereas the comments run on the screen in Youtube. (and can be hidden whenever)

I had a few issues with the video going out and having to play an ad. It was really weird. Sound was still going but I lost the video to what looked like an add requiring me to hit play. A refresh fixed it but it was in the middle of the live round.

This is basically my exact thoughts every time.... the commentary is hard to sit through. I think the video quality for live is pretty good though when they are in good spots.

The commentary is weird. I can't put my finger on why it is bad, but it just makes me uncomfy.

Latest posts