• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Match Play Championship 2022

Players who don't have a forehand have a much tougher challenge throwing backhand anhyzers successfully, especially if they're used to throwing them at lower elevation.
It's mostly the being used to it part. I lived at 6K for a year in California on a site with two courses and played plenty in the 7Ks. It is not as hard as people make it out to be to turn your flippy stuff at elevation. It just takes a minute to get used to each disc being basically a firm step more stable. Not hard to pull out some stuff with a bit more HS turn.

I'll tell you what I definitely still used my full range of discs to throw - from a champ glo firebird to a light roadrunner.

So Simon beats Joel and have the same score. .But Joel gets to the Semis. . Wierd
Normaly in a tie ..the winner of the match between those to players is the tiebreaker. .

So Simon beats Joel and have the same score. .But Joel gets to the Semis. . Wierd
Normaly in a tie ..the winner of the match between those to players is the tiebreaker. .
I believe they were in a 3 way tie with Barela. They all beat each other one on one...

I'm not a fan of the tie breaker scheme they are using.

First level is hole differential--okay with that. Seeding should not be part of the tie breaker scheme.

I believe they were in a 3 way tie with Barela. They all beat each other one on one...

I'm not a fan of the tie breaker scheme they are using.

First level is hole differential--okay with that. Seeding should not be part of the tie breaker scheme.

but Barela would be out on hole differential. Simon and Joel should do sudden death playoff.
I'm not a fan of seed but eventually you run out of tiebreak options. In this case - I think it was poorly implemented.

I feel like the order on tiebreaks should go...

Head to Head > Hole Differential > Head to Head re-evaluation > Seed

So all three of them beat each other or all of them tied each other (and beat the fourth guy). Move to hole differential. Simon and Joel separate themselves, but still a tie. Return to the head to head of those two players. If they tied move on to seed. If one beat the other, there you go.

I'm not a fan of seed but eventually you run out of tiebreak options. In this case - I think it was poorly implemented.

I feel like the order on tiebreaks should go...

Head to Head > Hole Differential > Head to Head re-evaluation > Seed

So all three of them beat each other or all of them tied each other (and beat the fourth guy). Move to hole differential. Simon and Joel separate themselves, but still a tie. Return to the head to head of those two players. If they tied move on to seed. If one beat the other, there you go.
I didn't realize that were tied for hole differential too. I think your procedure above should have been used. Most sports do something similar and head to head always matters. Seedings shouldn't matter when something on the course can differentiate. Head to head definitely should count!

Determining seeding based on current DGPT standings (versus say, ratings) partially created this problem because not only the strength of the initial pools may have been unbalanced but later matches were not necessarily resolved by granting the tiebreak to the better player versus the player with better participation/performance in the early portion of the season. So, the seeding made sense from DGPT perspective in terms of rewarding players for participation/performance this season, but it resulted in the appearance of some "unfairness" in the eyes of some viewers. Separate from that, agree that head-to-head "should" matter more than seeding regardless how the seeding is done.

What's wrong, DonJon, did he date your sister or something?

He played well and presented himself well in the interviews. So he is passionate about his trade, that is no secret.

I think his on course negative attitude is well documented, which we saw a small snippet of today, but I'm referring to his off course issues.

I think his on course negative attitude is well documented, which we saw a small snippet of today, but I'm referring to his off course issues.

I like when he putted out on hole 8 instead of laying up. He thought he should have made a 35 footer and it showed good sportsmanship. It was fun watching him, and the match play format today. Good on Joel and Ohn Scoggins for taking it down.

What's wrong, DonJon, did he date your sister or something?

He played well and presented himself well in the interviews. So he is passionate about his trade, that is no secret.

who could possibly have a problem with Joel "Islam promotes genocide" Freeman?

I like when he putted out on hole 8 instead of laying up. He thought he should have made a 35 footer and it showed good sportsmanship. It was fun watching him, and the match play format today. Good on Joel and Ohn Scoggins for taking it down.

I would say it showed a fundamental misunderstanding of match play rather than "good sportsmanship."

I would say it showed a fundamental misunderstanding of match play rather than "good sportsmanship."

I'm not saying I would have done it, lol. In that spot a lay up is no guarantee that the disc would have stuck. But I do like the aggressive mind set.

Has he lost it would have definitely been on him for that move.

What are your thoughts on Ohn Scoggins putting out first on the last hole to win, instead of letting Ella Hanson miss her putt to lose? Fundamental misunderstanding of match play, or good sportsmanship.

If she were playing purely by the correct strategy, she would have let Ella Hanson putt first, but she displayed good sportsmanship also. To me it's good to see these folks not being purely cut throat.