• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: MVP Open at Maple Hill Aug 30-Sept 1

Looking at hole one it´s quite insane that they kan make that hole in 3 with a Driver, putter, putter . . . i would be glad to make that hole in 5

Minor quibble with the broadcast...Nate and Val keep referring to comments from the players or others on the course as if we can hear them but we can't. With the exception of when they explicitly shut up to focus on a group discussion, the only on-course audio I can hear is the ringing of the chains and some applause/crowd reactions. This isn't really just about this event. It has been typical of all the live broadcasts since they've gone to a booth set-up. The commentators can hear things that the audience can't.

It's only slightly more annoying than when they refer to action that's not on the live camera. They're seeing every camera at the same time, and occasionally forget that we can't.

Minor quibble with the broadcast...Nate and Val keep referring to comments from the players or others on the course as if we can hear them but we can't. With the exception of when they explicitly shut up to focus on a group discussion, the only on-course audio I can hear is the ringing of the chains and some applause/crowd reactions. This isn't really just about this event. It has been typical of all the live broadcasts since they've gone to a booth set-up. The commentators can hear things that the audience can't.

It's only slightly more annoying than when they refer to action that's not on the live camera. They're seeing every camera at the same time, and occasionally forget that we can't.

One of the reasons I don't crank the on course audio is because I am sending it to Nate and Val over a webRTC connection (kinda like Skype). So if I do that, their audio starts to cut in and out, or they sound like they are underwater. Call someone on Skype and both try to talk to each other at the same time. Their isn't great duplexing. So I need to keep the course audio at a lower level. If we were all onsite in the same place, that wouldn't happen. But this is the setup and we work our way around what we have.

As far as talking about seeing other things, they are just trying to tell you what is happening when you can't see it. Sometimes we try to show PIP, sometimes it just doesn't work.

:hfive:

One of the reasons I don't crank the on course audio is because I am sending it to Nate and Val over a webRTC connection (kinda like Skype). So if I do that, their audio starts to cut in and out, or they sound like they are underwater. Call someone on Skype and both try to talk to each other at the same time. Their isn't great duplexing. So I need to keep the course audio at a lower level. If we were all onsite in the same place, that wouldn't happen. But this is the setup and we work our way around what we have.

As far as talking about seeing other things, they are just trying to tell you what is happening when you can't see it. Sometimes we try to show PIP, sometimes it just doesn't work.

:hfive:

I figured it was a technical thing. And honestly, I'm fine with not hearing or seeing everything. The bothersome thing to me is when they're commenting on it as if we can hear it or see it. It's not just Nate and Val, it's most everyone who's done commentary from the remote booth.

Tried to watch the doubles coverage today, got through six holes, had to stop there.
Gatekeeper Media, you suck.
I don't need to see your logo on every hole in the upper right corner, AND see it between every hole.
WAY to much.
Done, wont watch any Gatekeeper coverage any more, will stick to CCDG and Jomez from now on.
Thanks for ruining DG coverage.

Your butt must really hurt. Maybe try sitting on softer things.

Wow. Helluva final round! It would suck to need $ so bad that it affect your decision to try to win an event.....��

I applaud Gurthie's non-self destructive decision on 18.

Going for it on 17 was the more interesting question. Nate called out on the broadcast that he shouldn't, but given the strengths of his game it did represent a path to tying or even taking the lead if McBeth failed to get up and down. I think it was the probably the right call.

Pretty pathetic putt on #2 tho. At least go to a knee and use your normal arc. Or develop a putt for that situation. It seemed like he was conceding a miss.

McBeth is just so impossible.

Wow. Helluva final round! It would suck to need $ so bad that it affect your decision to try to win an event.....��

Are you referring to GG? Seemed he was 100% fine with taking solo 2nd place. One thing puzzles me about Paul lately. He seems so subdued when he wins. I'd like to see a bit more interaction with the fans, maybe give a few high fives, etc. Maybe he's just trying to mirror other pros in larger sports and trying to maintain that larger than life mystique, etc. I enjoy seeing Paul dominate, but I found myself rooting for GG/Simon the entire round. Still...it was a great show. :clap:

pond jump(s)? If yes - link? (no -- i didn't read this thread . . . if it's a page back apologies . . . )

Latest posts