• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT, PDGA, and the Coronavirus

I got accused of stocking up for Covid last night, I'm infamous in the meat dept already... But it was frozen pizzas on sale yesterday so I bought 6 or 7.. I think my honey loves me more than pizza, but some nights I'm not sure. Don't need flowers, just a pepperoni deluxe special.

I got the second to last pack on the shelf of my preferred TP from Walgreens the other day, I also had two packs of paper towels under my other arm. The chick in front of me was talking to the cashier about people hoarding TP and she turned around and said, "Look, he has some." The cashier leaned out and told me to put one back cause she though I had two because of the paper towels, lol...

attachment.php

Attachments

• BB112GhN.jpg
    BB112GhN.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 318
Well I talked to my buddy in Calgary, AB.. Canada eh, and he said he can't get milk anywhere in the city, says the shelves are bare, especially of root vegetables and stuff that might keep, only crap food is left like frozen stuff. He panicked me into buying a big bag of rice on island just in case. People, my gluten free dog and chickens can consume it in a pinch...

I'm kind of insulated here but is there really that level of pandemonium going on out there?

Someone on my Facebook page pointed out the TP and sanitizer are gone but there's plenty of hand soap. :\

Stores here are closing from 9PM - 7AM for restocking until further notice. Gov is telling people to stop hoarding, there's no reason. I went food shopping yesterday.

Someone on my Facebook page pointed out the TP and sanitizer are gone but there's plenty of hand soap. :\

Got a whole cabinet of soap from a soap making friend. I was just trying to help him get the business off the ground, figured I'd never not need soap.

Hey, in a pinch, if you have a shower and soap, you don't even need toilet paper.

First confirmed case at my kids school, one of her acquaintances that luckily she hasn't seen much of for a few weeks so odds are low but if it's at a school it could be anywhere by now. We're sitting here this Monday morning trying to figure out what is the best plan of action. Me and the kid still have lingering symptoms from a cold (?) three weeks ago, but nothing new. According to the government we should "self monitor" but no need to "self isolate". We don't want to panic but don't want to spread it either if there's a chance. Unfortunately working from home is impossible in the construction industry and if I don't go out the guys don't work either, times like this I hate being responsible for three families income.

If I took some time off though I could really do some spring training and get my disc golf swing to progress to " summer" speed quicker. Or throw a few hundred putts a day...

This is usually how I try and plan my...business. :D

You know it never fails for me, if I have a shower in the morning it's like guaranteeing "late returns" ... about 15 minutes after I get out.

Last edited:
We have a confirmed case here at work. My department is all working from home, but I can't so I'm here.

They told us to self-quarantine at home, and limit trips to just back and forth to work. I don't usually go out to eat or drink so it's actually pretty easy for me.

It's mind blowing how widespread the ripple effect is gonna be. The need/desire for social distancing/avoiding crowds is affecting sooo many people and industries, and not just financially:

Restaurants, bars, hair salons, houses of worship, funerals, weddings, anything and everything related to travel and tourism, schools, professional seminars, factory jobs, mass transit in towns where people depend on it like NYC, DC, Chicago, movie theatres, any # of sports and concert events, gyms...

Who knows what I left out?

Last edited:
Should all be online.

Because kids today need less socialization. :|

These cities are too large.

Let's pack the country with entitled city dwellers with unsocialized kids. :doh:

Every man should have a gym in his own home.

Only men work out? I am overjoyed that my wife likes to exercise and stay fit. :wall:

Come on, man.

Because kids today need less socialization.

They certainly don't need the kind of socialization experienced in public school. Public school is just babysitting and free meals.

Let's pack the country with entitled city dwellers with unsocialized kids.

I definitely didn't say this. That would just make other cities bigger, which I'm also not endorsing.

Only men work out? I am overjoyed that my wife likes to exercise and stay fit.

A man and woman should live together in single family homes. My wife works out in my gym, too.