• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT, PDGA, and the Coronavirus

Personally, I think this is going to get really bad for all of us.

yah, my entire family (including my 2 pregnant daughters, 1 giving birth any day now, the other in 1 month) have accepted the fact that it's no longer a matter of if, but when we get it so we're doing our best to prepare for it.

I hope we never hear anything about disc golfers in any part of the world causing more problems than was needed.

I really don't expect that to happen, from my little part of the world most are taking things seriously.

But there was one who started a thread on Facebook with "Laid off and quarantined, where should I go this weekend for a good disc golf trip"? :wall:
I'm not sure they understand what quarantined means.

Where i am at there is supposed to be no organized events. I cancelled league. Yet we have disc golfers trying to replace league with their own "unorganized' event. Posting on FB etc. I expect this type of behavior will lead to course closures. Just abide by the damn rules or it could have a very negative effect on your ability to keep playing.

Where i am at there is supposed to be no organized events. I cancelled league. Yet we have disc golfers trying to replace league with their own "unorganized' event. Posting on FB etc. I expect this type of behavior will lead to course closures. Just abide by the damn rules or it could have a very negative effect on your ability to keep playing.

Gov here is telling people to get out to the parks just keep the safe distance. Lots of discussion on local FB pages on how to best play and play safe. No putting rounds in small groups are starting to become the norm here which is OK with me. I have confidence in my putting but I play golf mainly because I love throwing discs of all types, so all good.

They can't close the parks down then people will start to go nuts.

Have encountered on FB the question of how local authorities are going to enforce closures or who is going to enforce closures.

If we don't enforce the expectations on ourselves, individually, then more people are more likely to die.

I don't understand people's need for policing by others. The science is clear. Do your part and police yourself.

Does that mean don't play? That's a personal choice — think exposure risk from baskets is possible but also not super risky. But trying to recreate sanctioned or organized events with a unsanctioned/informal gathering is absolute BS.

I'm kind of captivated by the challenge of not catching the virus. I have tons of privilege to be able to stay inside, so I have. In last nine days, have made three walks to the condo's garbage/recycling area and went on walk yesterday. That's it. I've got 50+ books I own but have not read.

Very unlikely that everyone gets sick

yah, my entire family (including my 2 pregnant daughters, 1 giving birth any day now, the other in 1 month) have accepted the fact that it's no longer a matter of if, but when we get it so we're doing our best to prepare for it.

Many people will get the virus but many won't. Even the most negative estimates by the medical experts don't suggest that everyone will eventually get hit.

Well hear through FB that 30 (sounds like an exaggeration) guys went to a neighboring place for a DG tourney. It was mentioned in a discussion about shutting down ferry service to non essential travel since people can't be trusted. I hear they played "safe" with no hi fives etc but I'm pretty sure gatherings over 50 is banned especially if you don't get your 6 ft.. Definitely not the smartest move.. Though I'd be surprised if more than 5 or 6 guys went.

Well hear through FB that 30 (sounds like an exaggeration) guys went to a neighboring place for a DG tourney. It was mentioned in a discussion about shutting down ferry service to non essential travel since people can't be trusted. I hear they played "safe" with no hi fives etc but I'm pretty sure gatherings over 50 is banned especially if you don't get your 6 ft.. Definitely not the smartest move.. Though I'd be surprised if more than 5 or 6 guys went.

And Parliament In Canada is way better then the current Mess of Congress thing in USA, So a mandatory no more then 30 or 50 people depending on the Provence with its Provincial government is probably and actually enforced.

Well I will say Parliament and Government does seem a little more united since we only have 12 (? Haha I think) provinces... but relying on Canadian "goodness" to stay home isn't entirely working. We are being just as stupid as everyone else. We are heading for a lockdown, fines can be imposed and they are discussing "Marshall law" for Alberta. Too many people not taking it seriously, everywhere.

With the flood of people coming here, still tourists and a bunch of summer folks who aren't here usually until May coming to hide it won't be long until it starts. Especially anyone that has flown and isn't getting how a quarantine works. We are a small community. We know where you got back from, what we don't know is why the f### you are at the Lumberyard saying you are in "self quarantine". I didn't even leave to go Christmas shopping..

It's just frustrating, some of the wealthier people are the most selfish. I need to wrap up any loose ends and get paid. We are still trying to work, each of us separately.. I have a " cool down cart" in the shop, anything fresh off the courier gets handled carefully and left for a couple days. If one of us gets it we are shut down. We've got masks and gloves and bleach sprayers, mostly working outside and on jobs where the homeowners arent home.

If I'm patient zero I want to know I tried, then I hear the guy at the till in beer store has bad bronchitis and blah blah came back from blah blah on a plane and went to a poker tournament and then those guys took a ferry to play a disc tournament the next day... it's irresponsible and unnecessary especially after our tournament in May is cancelled. The Beer store is losing its appeal since its probably where more of the stupid rubby's and regular alcoholics gotta go daily.

Last edited:
Player Spotlight: Colten Montgomery...

:D :D:

:gross: :eek: :doh: :wall: Colten now charging $ fo' Free Mustache rides in the shag rug Van.

LOL, Tickless Rick AKA Ticky Ricky should definitely grow a Holistic Molestache.

Ticky Rick's Holistic Mustache Oil coming soon, only $299.99 per 4 ML. bottle.

#Growthesport / #Scareevereyoneawayfromthesport /

#Scarethebajeebusoutofeveryone / #100%CuresCoronavirus :D :D :clap:

Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJarPP7P6I

Colten Montgomery seems like a chill individual, hope he keeps rippin' :clap:

Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJarPP7P6I

Colten Montgomery seems like a chill individual, hope he keeps rippin' :clap:

He just looks like the kind of guy who jumped out of a Southern Rock band/Southern Blues Rock band. I am thinking like Lynard Skinard, The Band, The Eagles, you know that kind of rock that is now considered a part of Country when artist redo the songs.

Coronavirus Origin Theories
coronavirus-origin-theories-poster-vector-medium.png

Source: https://creazilla.com/nodes/19974-coronavirus-origin-theories-poster-vector

https://www.pdga.com/announcements/covid-19-statement
UPDATE April 17, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. ET

The PDGA Board of Directors and PDGA Medical Committee are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and are announcing several updates to PDGA operations.

"The health and safety of members, staff, and all of our communities continue to be at the forefront of our decision-making process," PDGA Board of Directors President Justin Menickelli said. "We are heartbroken for those who have been affected by the virus and send our best wishes to healthcare workers and other essential personnel who have bravely guided us through these uncertain times.

"We know our members want to compete, and we also want them to be safe doing so," Menickelli continued. "We look forward to once again coming together as a community, and we appreciate the patience and support of all of our members."

Due to the uncertainty regarding the pandemic, as well as the widespread implementation of country, regional, and municipal stay-at-home orders and World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines limiting mass gatherings, PDGA sanctioning is suspended through May 31, 2020.

Tournament directors affected by this extension have the option to postpone or cancel their events. Please contact the PDGA Tour Staff to initiate this process.

In the coming days, PDGA staff will work with PDGA-appointed Country Coordinators representing their national associations and elected State and Provincial Coordinators to develop a process for submitting waiver requests to sanction tournaments in regions where government authorities have eased restrictions on sporting events. Waivers will not be granted to individual events nor will waiver requests be accepted from individual tournament directors.

All PDGA Major and PDGA National Tour events originally scheduled through July 31, 2020, are postponed. These events draw larger attendance, require more travel by players and staff, and require considerable resources that make them more susceptible to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. After communicating with key stakeholders, including event hosts and sponsors, these tournaments will be moved to a later date on the calendar, or outright canceled.

This does not apply to Disc Golf Pro Tour events during this time period. DGPT staff, in coordination with PDGA staff, are still evaluating the status of those tournaments and will issue an announcement at DGPT.com.