• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT San Francisco Open

Could you reach out to the player's sponsors and have them send you In The Bag clips to fill dead space?

Perhaps that could even lead to paid for clips if they prove popular enough.

People always want to know what the guys on the lead and chase cards are throwing.

In one piece they had players do my favorite disc type things. I recall Nate and Val. I wonder if you could get more controlled rollouts with more value for the manufacturers?

I think it's only been 7 months or so?

-the guy that did commentary with you last :)

It kills me every time! I was trying so hard to sneak in a "someone gettin' Toady" in response but the moment slipped by me.

:doh: Dude I'm such an idiot. We totally did commentary at like 10pm the night before my TD debut!

That weekend is a blur. No disrespect meant to the King.

So speaking of commentary and coverage, was there any FPO coverage other than the live stream, meaning like Jomez or CCDG?

So speaking of commentary and coverage, was there any FPO coverage other than the live stream, meaning like Jomez or CCDG?

Seems that with the way they did it, the live coverage is essentially a post-produced video. Probably a waste to re-do it, but it would be nice if it was on a separate feed from the archived live stuff (like they did with round 1).

Seems that with the way they did it, the live coverage is essentially a post-produced video. Probably a waste to re-do it, but it would be nice if it was on a separate feed from the archived live stuff (like they did with round 1).

I've sent an email to the Pro Tour to see what their plans are for the FPO footage and I'll report back once I know more.

I have sent Steve Dodge a copy of the MPO & FPO separate. So if he wants to break that out, he should be able to "easily" do that. Day 1 we had a separate stream, but Steve was afraid we were losing viewers having to switch to a new stream on day 2 & 3.

Who mentioned the foot faults at this event earlier in the thread? Not too much (any?) talk about it after, or are we still only going after Ricky?

Saw a Doss foot fault at one point but it wasn't called.

Looks like FPO is up, sans commentary, on DGPT and DG Guy channels.

Not a fan of the boomerang ob hole dz placement. Looks like for average joe like me the plan would be to purposefully go on, then advance a whole bunch to get a shot at par.

Now Ricky is no Joe, but going OB in a tight spot final round sure did not cost him any. Easy up. Feels to me you should make a remarkable shot to save par after OB.

That hole wasn't planned out well, imo. The "river" should have been closer to the tee or the arch on the boomerang should have been less severe. To much risk and not enough reward with where it was.

Who mentioned the foot faults at this event earlier in the thread? Not too much (any?) talk about it after, or are we still only going after Ricky?

so many foot faults by so many players other than ricky. *crickets*

For those of you who monitor these tournament videos for potential foot faults, how often do you see faults where their foot is completely past the tee line or mini? Perhaps one potential rule tweak might be to allow players to legally contact the mini or tee line during release. With heel rotation, it's hard to make a call whether the front of their foot is above the line or mini versus touching it without a ground level view. However, it's much easier to see if a player has faulted when planting completely in front of their mini, a marked tee line or completely off the front (or side) of a tee pad. Stepping on your mini or with your foot partly off the pad is unlikely to provide a strategic advantage and is more likely a disadvantage with a potential slip or tweaked ankle.

For those of you who monitor these tournament videos for potential foot faults, how often do you see faults where their foot is completely past the tee line or mini? Perhaps one potential rule tweak might be to allow players to legally contact the mini or tee line during release. With heel rotation, it's hard to make a call whether the front of their foot is above the line or mini versus touching it without a ground level view. However, it's much easier to see if a player has faulted when planting completely in front of their mini, a marked tee line or completely off the front (or side) of a tee pad. Stepping on your mini or with your foot partly off the pad is unlikely to provide a strategic advantage and is more likely a disadvantage with a potential slip or tweaked ankle.

I generally observe technique when watching the vids, and can say I've seen maybe a dozen or more contact with the mini foot faults over the past 4 years (all uncalled).

Off the lie foot faults, not including this year, I've only seen maybe half a dozen uncalled, and watching on video, I have no faith that what I'm seeing is true to life and not just a trick of camera angle.

I generally observe technique when watching the vids, and can say I've seen maybe a dozen or more contact with the mini foot faults over the past 4 years (all uncalled).

Off the lie foot faults, not including this year, I've only seen maybe half a dozen uncalled, and watching on video, I have no faith that what I'm seeing is true to life and not just a trick of camera angle.
Were the "off the lie" variety left, right or too far back versus any over the front line?

One comment before Steve runs me off, and Steve is right, this thread if for whining about SFO, not general play. Go look at the vids, I've seen plenty of every stripe. I don't even count the I touched my mini type anymore, they aren't worth noticing. Frankly, the new Box helped more than I thought it would, there are lots of what would have been clear faults, off the line of play, but now are close enough to the edge of the disc that they are of Alobar's, I can't really tell, definition. But there are lots of foot rotations completely away from the disc, and plenty of foot placements that are well off the box. If I look at one event, like SFO, and I can see several just in one round, then I think there is a problem. It isn't one or two guys, it's lots of players. Now, think about all the throws we don't see, and all the players who never get filmed.

That's not true, I suggested a drinking game based on foot faults by all players. Ricky allows you to drink, but not get toasted. You need them all.

Or what about every time he litters? I saw him rip off and throw his bandage multiple times during the live coverage.

Latest posts