• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Waco Annual Charity Open presented by Dynamic Discs

Nope, FPO at Ledgestone this year is all Sunset Hills.

edit: https://lisopen.com/event/2019/course-schedule.aspx It looks like am guys will be taking turns at playing Northwood. =\

I imagine FPO (and MPO) will get their cracks at Northwood at Worlds eight weeks later. Maybe that played into the decision-making a bit? It keeps that course fresh for both divisions for Worlds. Similar to how they played Jackson at both Worlds and HOFC in 2017, but Ft Gordon only for Worlds.

I imagine FPO (and MPO) will get their cracks at Northwood at Worlds eight weeks later. Maybe that played into the decision-making a bit? It keeps that course fresh for both divisions for Worlds. Similar to how they played Jackson at both Worlds and HOFC in 2017, but Ft Gordon only for Worlds.

I get it, I just think Northwood is a much better course.

This is a big key. DGPT's successes thus far have been directly related to the players buying into the idea that Steve is on their side and doing this for them. There is unquestionably some goodwill built up there. How far does that goodwill extend?

Interesting. I thought player buy in was due to that $10,000 payout at the end?

Because of the outcome and what I've heard about how it transpired, I am going to suffer through the live feed, hopefully the FF button helps. I'm assuming the condensed version never comes.

Well thanks for talking me into doing the same so I could see the back and forth battle. It was painful even with fast forward, maybe I need some tricks and tips on navigating youtube. FF was nice on Xfinity cable box viewing, but every single hole forced me to watch a Red Lobster ad. Almost always as the first person tee'ing off released the disc. Switching to iPad seemed to stop the ad break ins but was harder to navigate advancing too far and having to go back.

Just made me miss Jomez/CCDG even more, thinking how incredible this would have been if handled by professionals and not some wannabe cheapskate who doesnt value quality. Missed shots, shots were you can only see the back of the thrower and not the disc, and announcers who also had no clue where discs landed. :doh::wall:

I am among many of us who don't have 3 hours to sit and watch a live DG broadcast for just one round let alone a whole tournament. Edited 30-minute videos posted very quickly and professionally by Jomez fit perfectly in my lunch break at work (and has enticed a 19-year-old kid I'm in charge of to want to try DG for the first time; we're just waiting for decent weather on a Friday now).

I have no problems avoiding spoilers. In fact, I've been binge-watching 2018 tournaments not knowing who won anything except for Worlds. I'm totally addicted now. I haven't followed pros since I walked behind a couple of DGLO tournament final 9's about 20 years ago. Boy have I missed out!

So fast-forward to this tournament. I watched all the Jomez chase cards and loved it. Then when it came time to find out how the lead card did on the final round, like many of you I had to wade through the recording of the live DGPT feed. Because I'm hooked and I've got to know.

It's hard to click on the exact moment right before the player is getting ready to throw because the red line at the bottom is for 3+hours and one little movement of the mouse in either direction past where you need to go is hard to pinpoint. In many examples, I would accidentally click just too late and it spoiled the drama of that shot. Or just a little too early on that massive red line and still have to sit through an additional minute or so of people standing around. A Jomez video's 9 holes can be watched in one lunch break but wading through this DGPT video only gives me maybe 3 holes before I have to punch back in. Bleh.

I understand how challenging it must be to attempt live coverage v.s. what Jomez does. Not apples to apples. But boy, it would've been great to just go ahead and let Jomez do what he does in tandem with the live feed. I'm not understanding a virtuous reason why Dodge wouldn't cooperate with Jomez for the good of this still burgeoning sport we all love so dearly.

Arrow keys left and right skip ahead 5 seconds at a time. The J and L buttons skip ahead 10 seconds at a time. The period and comma keys go one frame at a time.

Also handy is changing the speed of the video. If you click on the gear, you can slow down the video to a quarter speed or speed it up to 2X. 2X is really helpful watching replay of the live as that alone cuts a 3 hour video down to 1.5 hours. Add in the 5 and 10 second skips and you can motor through pretty easily.

Well thanks for talking me into doing the same so I could see the back and forth battle. It was painful even with fast forward, maybe I need some tricks and tips on navigating youtube. FF was nice on Xfinity cable box viewing, but every single hole forced me to watch a Red Lobster ad. Almost always as the first person tee'ing off released the disc. Switching to iPad seemed to stop the ad break ins but was harder to navigate advancing too far and having to go back.

Just made me miss Jomez/CCDG even more, thinking how incredible this would have been if handled by professionals and not some wannabe cheapskate who doesnt value quality. Missed shots, shots were you can only see the back of the thrower and not the disc, and announcers who also had no clue where discs landed. :doh::wall:
Yeah, the camerawork had me laughing out loud multiple times, especially on the 10th tee (I think) when the camera guy distracted Paul because he was lurking behind some branches as if he was trying not to be seen. Then they cut to that camera shot and you see Paul obscured by leaves, like the viewer is some creepy stalker. It was good to have that comic relief because overall it was hard to watch, only worth it because of how it played out. I'm glad I'll get to watch Jonesboro in person. :thmbup:

This is all a big Jomez promotion gimmick. After all, the Jomez videos seemed to get more likes (and fewer dislikes) and more views more quickly than is normal. Steve Dodge, promoter extraordinaire.