• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc bag alternative ideas?

I use a laptop bag. The side closest to you when wearing the shoulder strap can be left unzipped when playing and you don't lose anything, but discs, towels, etc are still accessible. I'd say I like a messenger bag better than a backpack because you can still throw while wearing it and you don't have to take it off to swap discs like a backpack.

Sure you can and still have room left for the supercharger.

Somehow, I don't think this particular car qualifies as a sleeper. ;)

That reminds me of Mad Max and his car. And no offense here, but I think that the Vette would rock in a Mad Max remake. I can just see a gun totin', feather boa wearin' post holocaust dude cruisin' it it. :D

hdrp_0602_best_car_movies_11_z+mad_max.jpg

I use an old Jansport back pack from my schoolin' days. Just place a couple of safety pins on the below the zippers where the bag starts to curve, keeps the discs from falling out.

May sound cheesy, but I have been using an old nylon Enfamil diaper bag we got from the hospital nearly a year ago at my daughter's birth. The thing is great. It holds 10 -15 discs, has a 'cooler' section for cold drinks, holds a water bottle at each end, has pockets for keys, wallet, etc.
I ironed on a cool logo and walla... a manly, customized, waterproof disc golf bag...CHEAP!
I have priced 'real' disc golf bags, but cann't see paying 75 bucks to top what i have now!

has anyone seen the wird injection moulded frame disc holder thingy form Quest. Thats a bit odd.
http://www.questat.com/NEW.html
its called the 3 disc caddie..... i prefer my hand.

They have 5 & 7 disc versions too. Pretty weird. I thought that it might be like a Samsonite suitcase or something. But with the ends open it wouldn't do any good for checking on a plane or stowing on a bus, etc. I guess you wouldn't have to worry about it getting wet and soggy if you sit in water or mud like you would a normal bag???

has anyone seen the wird injection moulded frame disc holder thingy form Quest. Thats a bit odd.
http://www.questat.com/NEW.html
its called the 3 disc caddie..... i prefer my hand.

This might be nice to put inside a soft-sided bag to keep discs organized
and accounted for... and may ease my compulsion to count discs after
nearly every hole. Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. Like the above
poster, I'm currently rolling with an old laptop bag I dug out of the closet. Works
great, and looks good too (in a relative sense!).

... and may ease my compulsion to count discs after
nearly every hole. (in a relative sense!).

Counting after every hole means never having to guess what hole you left a disc on :) I only carry 3-6 discs though, I imagine counting every hole if you carried 20+ could be a pain.

May sound cheesy, but I have been using an old nylon Enfamil diaper bag we got from the hospital nearly a year ago at my daughter's birth. The thing is great. It holds 10 -15 discs, has a 'cooler' section for cold drinks, holds a water bottle at each end, has pockets for keys, wallet, etc.
I ironed on a cool logo and walla... a manly, customized, waterproof disc golf bag...CHEAP!
I have priced 'real' disc golf bags, but cann't see paying 75 bucks to top what i have now!

You have inspired me to dig ours out of the closet! Now for the manly iron-on logo....... a trip to the disc golf shop is in order!:cool:

No bag

try using a 5 gallon bucket with a handle,like the kind you can get at The Home Depot or a bakery(it's what frosting comes in),most bakeries will give them away for free.It can hold alot of discs and also makes a great cheap soda/beer cooler.

I had an old backpack that was falling apart, and after getting up to around 15 discs, my old makeshift bag couldn't hold them. So i took the old backpack, and found a cardboard box that was the right size. i put it in the backpack after cutting part of the backpack away. i somewhat waterproofed the box by covering it in duct tape. i even had a way to make a putter pocket. it's no "innova tournament bag," but it works quite well.

I had an old backpack that was falling apart, and after getting up to around 15 discs, my old makeshift bag couldn't hold them. So i took the old backpack, and found a cardboard box that was the right size. i put it in the backpack after cutting part of the backpack away. i somewhat waterproofed the box by covering it in duct tape. i even had a way to make a putter pocket. it's no "innova tournament bag," but it works quite well.

This I've got to see pictures of!

The bag I for mention http://www.outdoorproducts.com/proddetail.aspx?sku=598U, I just bought it from walmart for 32 buck, it has a hydration bladder in it. This newer model holds the discs much better and i'm thinking it's going to work great for me, and likely last longer than the last one. It can hold 12 discs easy but i've cut back to 8.

Hell yeah, load that thing up with vodka and grape gatorade and you're good to go! I had an underage buddy who used a Camelbak in bars, got the idea from the legendary book, I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max.

hey Jaysus, here it is. it looks awful, and the string that holds part of it together broke, but it still works (when the strings not broke it works much better). i've had many people give me props on what a sweet bag it is, and then i tell them that it's homemade and they're surprised. it's somewhat hard to notice the cardboard with all the discs inside.

Attachments

• Photo 16.jpg
    Photo 16.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Photo 10.jpg
    Photo 10.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Photo 11.jpg
    Photo 11.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 102
i have a backpack with two clips near the top and was able to make a disc pouch out of an old shirts that fits in the top compartment. the front compartment happens to fit my midrange and putter nicely. it gets a bit dirty, but thats the only drawback i see... and the bag doesn't sit upright, so if you have a beer or other non-resealable beverage, you have to place it on the ground separately.

Target

i bought a $10 sling strap bookbag from target. you can just slide it underneath your arm and have access to all your discs. cheap and easy.

Like this one ...

DSCN2298.jpg

DSCN2299.jpg

DSCN2300.jpg

DSCN2301.jpg

I got this last summer to house my SLR so I wouldn't look like a tourist with expensive camera equipment when I was backpacking Italy. Now it is my DG bag. I only have 6 discs, but it could probably go up to 10. Holds keys, wallet, cell, pen, scorecard and more. (sorry to dig up the old thread)

Here are a couple of carts I have built. They both work well in rough terrain. Just came thru georgia made a stop at Claystone dgc in macon. Nice course if you are on a trip, 10 min off 475, stop and play 18.

Attachments

• HPIM7896.jpg
    HPIM7896.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 77
  • HPIM7774.jpg
    HPIM7774.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 81
Here are a couple of carts I have built. They both work well in rough terrain. Just came thru georgia made a stop at Claystone dgc in macon. Nice course if you are on a trip, 10 min off 475, stop and play 18.

Those are awesome. What did you use to make those?