• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Finding Glasses?

I think these would work if your disc is white. The glasses would be handy to have!

Anything that can help my failing eyesight is worth an investigation :). Looks like it's designed for lighter colored golf balls, so I don't know how that translates to darker colored discs.

Amazon looks like the sell something similar, however, the customer reviews are not too kind.

hmmm I wonder how well they would work looking for water discs. My polarized sunglasses pretty much paid for themselves after one day fishing out discs that I would of never seen without them. These might work even better.

You could buy a blue camera lens filter and carry it around in your golf bag. Then, bring it out when you needed to look for a light colored disc. Something players might want to try is rose colored glasses which provide better depth perception to see the basket against green background like leaves and grass. If you have trouble judging distance, these can make a difference, especially on upshots.

You could buy a blue camera lens filter and carry it around in your golf bag. Then, bring it out when you needed to look for a light colored disc. Something players might want to try is rose colored glasses which provide better depth perception to see the basket against green background like leaves and grass. If you have trouble judging distance, these can make a difference, especially on upshots.

just what we need. Hippies with rose tinted glasses...

*considers ordering some..*

\/\/

just what we need. Hippies with rose tinted glasses...
And you thought they wore them back in the 70s just because they were fashionable... but in reality... those in the know played Frisbee games much better.

Kinda reminds me of those ads you'd see for X-ray glasses in back of comic books. Hopefully these are more effective...not that I ever blew my hard earned money as a kid on any of those cool looking yet bogus items found in the back of magazines:D

bubbles.jpeg

fwiw, Bed Bath and Beyond sells a cheaper version of these same glasses.

Oh my side is hurting

Ok, this is a thread jack but I just had to share this as I thought it was really funny. Earlier I was reading the thread where people were posting their age and picture. While I was viewing that thread my wife was looking over my shoulder. So anyway, she leaves the room and comes back later and I have this post up with the picture of this guy with the cats. As she walks by she sees the picture and says, "Is that one of those disc golfers?" I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

If only I could have kept a straight face I would have told her, "Yeah, he's one of the top pros on the site. The dude dominates." :D

Ok, this is a thread jack but I just had to share this as I thought it was really funny. Earlier I was reading the thread where people were posting their age and picture. While I was viewing that thread my wife was looking over my shoulder. So anyway, she leaves the room and comes back later and I have this post up with the picture of this guy with the cats. As she walks by she sees the picture and says, "Is that one of those disc golfers?" I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

If only I could have kept a straight face I would have told her, "Yeah, he's one of the top pros on the site. The dude dominates." :D

LOL!! explain to her how much he owns at DG and he is highly respected and his name is BUBBLES!...

I love bubbles...great character

fwiw, Bed Bath and Beyond sells a cheaper version of these same glasses.

Yes, they sell them there for $9.99 and it's the same thing.

I tried them on because I thought the same thing as the original poster- Would these work for disc golf?

And I don't think they would, unless you only use white/yellow discs. The glasses make everything that's not white sort of a dull color, and things that are white pop out.

I'd advise against purchasing, but definitely don't buy the expensive ones in the link.

my dad had some blue/purple-tinted ball golf glasses like these.
i tried it in the backyard, was not easier to find white/yellow (or any other color) discs.

i'd be surprised if these things even worked with golfballs.

better investment might be ballgolf handheld telescope. its like binoculars but only one scope. its small, like a roll of dimes. i tried those at the ball golf driving range, but i'm so blind it didnt help there either.