• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Flight Ratings Chart

Indy's broken whip said:
I'm wondering why isn't the Discmania's FD Jackal in the flight chart?
Should be more or less obvious: They haven't tested it yet.

I must have misread some post, I though I saw some test results somewhere... probably not by the "proper officials" :) Wondered if there was some inconsistencies in the mold or something that they did not include it to the chart or something. Well, no matter, going to by few today. :)

Not sure if this is "flight ratings chart" related or "instructional article" related, but I think it would be awesome to see a list of Blake's recommended distance drivers, organized by a player's average golf D on a distance drive, with distance ranges of less than 50'. Plastic and weight would be relevant variables as well.

The flight chart is an amazing resource, and once you throw a lot of different discs for comparison it allows people to find what they're looking for, but I think what a lot of newer players (or even more experienced players who are increasing their distance) want to know is the answer to something like the following:

"I throw around 280-300, what are the several best distance drivers to use for that range on a straight open shot?"

As an example, I used to throw around 320-340' average, which at first glance put me somewhat in the power 5 category on the flight chart. But for the most part, those discs were too overstable, except for the lower end of the spectrum in somewhat lower weights. The middle/higher end of the power 5 category was totally out of the question.

In summary, the disc flight ratings chart is an amazing resource to determine relative behavior of different discs, and I would be lost without it. But as an answer to questions of the type I listed above in bold, for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of time figuring the chart out, it's not optimal.

Latest posts