• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf and beer....why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golf courses are mostly on private land and 99% of disc golf courses are on public land, not a good argument there.

Outsiders will never respect the game with the beer and pot cloud hanging over it.

what the hell is a beer cloud, and where can I find it?

Nothing like hitting the course after work and having a refreshing smirnoff ice and smoking virginia slims.

I just about spat out my water when I read that. You've come a long way, baby.

We have a running joke on our co-ed softball team that if somebody can give you a Smirnoff Ice without you realizing it until it gets into your hand, you have to pound the bottle. You got Ice'd, brosef.

I just don't get it...so many guys play this sport while drinking beer. Not only does it not quench your thirst, it will make you play worse as well. Not banging on Beer, I love me some steak and cold lime beer ;) just don't understand the mentality to play this sport while downing some brewskies. lol..

Disc Golf is my hobby, and I enjoy drinking. Mix the two together and you are outside doing something you love mixed with drinking something you love. Why do beer league softball players drink?

I putt better after 2 beers, that being said I putt horrible after 6ish

Putting with beer= crap
Putting with sober= ok
Putting with flowers= best

Honestly I just feel so unbalanced-lazy with beer.

You're not doing it right then. 2 beers will calm your nerves which should be good for putting for anyone.

99% of disc golf courses are on public land

POINT OF ORDER:

On this site, of 4489 courses listed, 3921 are not listed as "Private". That's 87% --- not 99%.

And some of those that aren't marked "Private" might be on non-public land.

And of all courses NOT listed on this site, it's a good bet that the majority of them are not on public land.

POINT OF ORDER:

On this site, of 4489 courses listed, 3921 are not listed as "Private". That's 87% --- not 99%.

And some of those that aren't marked "Private" might be on non-public land.

And of all courses NOT listed on this site, it's a good bet that the majority of them are not on public land.

87 vs 99, great observation.....my course has pulled baskets for alcohol and drug usage, it's not uncommon for parks and rec to not like drinking on the courses.

87 vs 99, great observation.....my course has pulled baskets for alcohol and drug usage, it's not uncommon for parks and rec to not like drinking on the courses.

That being said, I drink when I paly, but if the course is no drinking, I don't drink there.

I love beer. Let's get that out first.

I can't drink and play, because DG bag (regular or backpack) drink holders do a piss poor job of holding a beer. It spills and goes flat way too quick. Nothing worse than a flat beer by hole 3.

Coors and Miller both make aluminum bottles with caps. It'll change your life.

We should make this a "What's the easiest way to consume alcohol while playing disc golf?" thread. I find a flask of whiskey during a winter round can be helpful. Not that I pound it, but a sip halfway through can certainly warm the core for a bit.

Well good, I think it is safe to assume a lot of players drink even if they know there is an alcohol ban in the park.

Regarding this, if I see the softball teams all drinking then I consider it ok to drink on the course. If I see a sign saying no alcohol I wont bring any until I notice softball players drinking at the same park. Why should they be special?

Last edited:
Well good, I think it is safe to assume a lot of players drink even if they know there is an alcohol ban in the park.

yeah. I mean if you are going to do that, at least bring your cans/bottles off the course with you. Or put it in a water bottle.

yeah. I mean if you are going to do that, at least bring your cans/bottles off the course with you. Or put it in a water bottle.

Yes, exactly. I'm not a hater of those that do, but if you know the park bans it, at least, at least, be discrete and clean up after yourself when you know the game you play is trying to improve its image.

Yes, exactly. I'm not a hater of those that do, but if you know the park bans it, at least, at least, be discrete and clean up after yourself when you know the game you play is trying to improve its image.

We had a park you could drink on but they left signs that said "Please don't leave your cans in the park"

It got pulled for people leaving cans at the park.

:(

They built a new one in the area that is better however, so theres that.

Drink beer while moving pins.
Drink beer while digging new pins.
Drink beer while hauling downed trees.
Drink beer while picking up other peoples beer cans.
Drink beer while throwing.
Beer is good.
I love beer.

I think some people just feel they have to drink to relax and/or have a good time. If the park allows it, go for it. I just don't find many Pepsi or Coke cans and bottles strewn in the bushes on any of the courses I play.

87 vs 99, great observation.

Why, thank you, sir! Just doing my part to make sure that people aren't making outlandish claims to artificially bolster their position. Sometimes people just throw out numbers without having any idea what they're talking about. So now we all have some numbers based on data. Thanks again for the compliment!

Why, thank you, sir! Just doing my part to make sure that people aren't making outlandish claims to artificially bolster their position. Sometimes people just throw out numbers without having any idea what they're talking about. So now we all have some numbers based on data. Thanks again for the compliment!

so just wondering, would it have made a difference if he used the words "most" or "the majority"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts