• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf and beer....why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing wrong other than the legality of alcohol and open containers in places that don't allow them and the idiots who scatter their empties all over the course

so yeah, nothing at all wrong with it

Because of----chuckers, barking crapping dogs, idiots who take 2 min. to putt/drive, lack of map/tee signs, noob gfs, lost discs, loose 3 yos, bad/good round, weather break, yer mom won't stop calling.
And there's plenty more where those came from.

I just don't get it...so many guys play this sport while drinking beer. Not only does it not quench your thirst, it will make you play worse as well. Not banging on Beer, I love me some steak and cold lime beer ;) just don't understand the mentality to play this sport while downing some brewskies. lol..

To each his own.

I won't imbibe whilst playing in a tournament because, while it definitely relaxes me, it doesn't improve my game. It doesn't make it worse, mind you....it just doesn't make it better....so why spend the money. However, I have been known to bring a cooler to the course during a casual round. Nothing better than an ice-cold Guiness -- or any lager made by The Alewerks Brewing Company in Williamsburg, Virginia. Their Pumpkin Ale is quite possibly the best I've ever had and I can't recommend highly enough their Chocolate Bock and Washington's Porter.

Because of----chuckers, barking crapping dogs, idiots who take 2 min. to putt/drive, lack of map/tee signs, noob gfs, lost discs, loose 3 yos, bad/good round, weather break, yer mom won't stop calling.
And there's plenty more where those came from.

Do they still make Rainier Beer? Drank alot of those when I lived in Bremerton, many moons ago...

oh, man. are we really gonna go with the whole "legality=morality" argument? i agree we should follow the law, but still.

in the summer i'll go out and throw 3 rounds sometimes just because i can; sometimes on those beautiful days i'll bring some beer with me.

scattered empties suck, though. idiots. always get a little nervous if i have to go in a pond, who knows if there is a broken bottle somewhere.

Last edited:
Do they still make Rainier Beer? Drank alot of those when I lived in Bremerton, many moons ago...

Yep. Currently brewed by-----Pabst, at their Cali address.:doh: The Rainier brewery, which was beside I-5, closed in '99.

Last edited:
I just don't get it...so many guys play this sport while drinking beer. Not only does it quench your thirst, it will make you happy as well. Not banging on teetotalers, I love me some social conservatism ;) just don't understand the mentality to play this sport while worrying about others' brewskies. lol..

ftfy

First of all .. I can't believe I just read all 17 pages of this thread lol.. Second I have had a couple of tallboys with me on the course and like most of ya'll I'm just there to relax and have fun. The only problem I have with others on the course are the ones that can't carry their trash with them till the next trash can <-- laziness and no respect for the course! The trash is not limited to beer or alcohol either. :\

First of all .. I can't believe I just read all 17 pages of this thread lol.. Second I have had a couple of tallboys with me on the course and like most of ya'll I'm just there to relax and have fun. The only problem I have with others on the course are the ones that can't carry their trash with them till the next trash can <-- laziness and no respect for the course! The trash is not limited to beer or alcohol either. :\

I'm going to help you out with something. Cause your title says newbie and that means be nice and helpful. You can go to the User control panel and change how many posts per page on a thread. That way instead of 17 pages this megaturd is only five pages.

*the more you know image here*

Hooray beer!

nothing wrong other than the legality of alcohol and open containers in places that don't allow them and the idiots who scatter their empties all over the course

so yeah, nothing at all wrong with it

Lots more water and gatorade bottles, Monster and Rockstar cans, than beer cans on all the courses I play.

I love good beer. I love Disc Golf. And I personally keep the two separate, so that I can enjoy each to their fullest, personally.

The main problem I've seen with drinking beer while disc golfing is the empty cans being scattered everywhere. And, Dave, I'm not just talking about what I've seen scattered around Amigo, there are cans laying around most the courses I play. I've really only come across completely plastered golfers once, and they were at least friendly drunks.

Drink and be merry, bitches!

I_m_Rick_James_Slap_.jpg

I just don't get it...so many guys play this sport while drinking beer. Not only does it not quench your thirst, it will make you play worse as well. Not banging on Beer, I love me some steak and cold lime beer ;) just don't understand the mentality to play this sport while downing some brewskies. lol..

You know....looking back 18 pages ago....lol...my original post does seem a bit condescending and for that I do apologize. I never imagined anyone could drink and play this game until I started seeing beer cans at various courses. For me personally the game is fairly technical and requires a decent skill set to play the game decently. There's simply no way I could play the game...any good...while drinking. lol.. Sorry if it came off like I was "judging" anyone..it was more like..."if you can throw 400ft, land 30ft putts while drinking beer, I need to start drinking!" lol..

Lots more water and gatorade bottles, Monster and Rockstar cans, than beer cans on all the courses I play.

plenty of trash out there, no doubt, but since this thread is about alcohol i mentioned the empty alcohol bottles and cans that idiots leave on the course. pretty simple really

Lime Beer, and steak are not a very manly combo. Actually lime beer is anything but manly.
True.

I just wanted to add that I see nothing wrong with enjoying a beer during a round. Unless the OP is playing with people who are just getting trashed, I don't think having a brew or two (or three!) will affect your game. It's just nice to do on a beautiful summer day. I always have water, as well.

Ball golfers drink and smoke cigars, so it's not much different.

here in Michigan we have a returnable deposit on beer and pop cans , so there is always folks picking them up even out of trash cans. The bulk of the litter I see is water bottles and fountian cups , never understood how someone can carry there water bottle 3/4 the way around the course then just throw it on the ground. Can't they carry it another few hundred feet to the next hole where a trash can is available . Park officials are going to get tired of cleaning up after us and shut things down , after all there is not much profit in disc golf

Status
Not open for further replies.