• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

I've being going nutso looking for a product like that so if there is any way you could find out a brand name or what it's called I'd appreciate it. Thanks! There are so many things I could build with that for not just disc golf but my other hobby as well...I've seen people do this sort of thing with 1" pvc plumbing and the like but it just doesn't look very good and pvc just doesn't take paint very well. Metal on the other hand can be painted pretty easily.

I've being going nutso looking for a product like that so if there is any way you could find out a brand name or what it's called I'd appreciate it. Thanks! There are so many things I could build with that for not just disc golf but my other hobby as well...I've seen people do this sort of thing with 1" pvc plumbing and the like but it just doesn't look very good and pvc just doesn't take paint very well. Metal on the other hand can be painted pretty easily.

Just curious, what's your other hobby that would require a cart like this?

Just curious, what's your other hobby that would require a cart like this?

My username...look at it. :D lol

So yeah my other hobby is rockets. Not just the little estes ones but some big-un's. I have a few that are about 7' tall and 4" diameter and the folks in my club have some that are MUCH bigger than that. I usually keep my rockets to 3k AGL or lower but we have FAA permission to go as high as 12k - and some will fly that high.

A tubing system like this would be great for rocket stands - both vertical and horizontal. Having the rocket horizontal on a table it can roll around a bit. With this tubing I could easily create a stand that would pick it up a few inches off the surface of the table thus making flight prep easier. There are other applications like launch pads, racks to go in cars etc.

I think this is similar but would like to find a retailer other than McMaster Carr:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#clamp-on-structural-framing/=yzoai4

MMC has fantastic customer service, excellent turnaround and a good website but the prices leave a little to be desired...

Awesome! I used to build rockets also...but just the estes ones...its what ultimately helped me decide to be an engineer! Agreed about MMC, great selection and service but pricing is higher for sure. Based on what you mentioned I bet a cart would minimize headaches especially if you were able to make a multi-purpose cart just for rockets (launching, prep, storage, haul).

There's not brand name, it's just a dude that made a cart because he's old and has a sh!tty back. Shirley, you're underselling your abilities as a man of science. I can give you his email if that's your fancy, but he's ingrish is suspect, he'll charge you for his specs because nothing in Japan is fo free, and you'll most likely have to convert your measurements to the metric system. The ball is in your court.

Well, I'm halfway in the cart group (take it sporadically), but now that I've added my umbrella stand, I thought I'd share my free contraption.

Got the cart twenty years ago when my dad really wanted me to golf with him, so he bought me a basic cart & bag of clubs. He's out of state (and now taking up disc golf with me), so I know he won't mind. My DG buddy (itryson) and his son go through a lot of gear and tried the original Salient bag. He wound up just giving one to me for my cart. I used a tall bucket formerly filled with driveway de-icer and poked a drum seat through the lid. My seat holds water bottles for ballast and use. I added an old wire shelf frame to solidify the old trampoline leg that nicely grips my golf umbrella (gotten in a players' pack).

Hope you like the result:
picture.php

picture.php

It doesn't break down very compactly, but this all fits in one back seat of my sedan, so, it goes with me to the Osage Grove tournament tomorrow (58% chance of rain forecast) :eek:
picture.php

There's not brand name, it's just a dude that made a cart because he's old and has a sh!tty back. Shirley, you're underselling your abilities as a man of science. I can give you his email if that's your fancy, but he's ingrish is suspect, he'll charge you for his specs because nothing in Japan is fo free, and you'll most likely have to convert your measurements to the metric system. The ball is in your court.

No. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am talking about the tubes and connectors themselves. I can easily make a cart like that if I knew where to get the materials in the first place.

No. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am talking about the tubes and connectors themselves. I can easily make a cart like that if I knew where to get the materials in the first place.

Sure, the next time I'm at the hardware store I'll take a photo and post it.

@dave- try hitting up a local metal recycling and fabrication place. Probably could get scraps which would work for some parts too.

This is my BagBoy Quad Plus cart...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Yep, headlight works!

@mikeykline talked me into one of these and with his help and a trip to a bike shop for some nice accessories this turned out really well.

I like it. :thmbup: Very close to my setup. FWIW, I used two sets of carabiners per side on the bag attachment...just like how quads hook up. Noticed it kept the bag a little more stable. Love the headlight. Have threatened to do that for a while now. Maybe get some of that red repair tape from Autozone so as not to mess up the nite vision.

I like it. :thmbup: Very close to my setup. FWIW, I used two sets of carabiners per side on the bag attachment...just like how quads hook up. Noticed it kept the bag a little more stable. Love the headlight. Have threatened to do that for a while now. Maybe get some of that red repair tape from Autozone so as not to mess up the nite vision.

They had red LED lights, maybe I should have gotten that one instead. I hadn't thought of the night vision part as it is only facing forward. Good idea.

The red taillight repair tape is perfect, it will make it almost pink.
You will still get good light, but being a shade of red, it knocks it down enough to not bother your eyes.

The red taillight repair tape is perfect, it will make it almost pink.
You will still get good light, but being a shade of red, it knocks it down enough to not bother your eyes.

Got it. Will do. Thanks. I am guessing that is better than straight red LEDs, as they will be more of a matte shade and won't be as bright.

Straight reds will just be that, always red. I was thinking tape since its removable if you didn't want or need red at the time. Keeps you from being locked in to one color. Just something I was thinking anyway.

What really surprised me is how much harder his was to tip backwards than mine. I figured it would be the oposite, awesome cart Donovan, hope I can pull another PIT maneuver on you tomorrow!

What really surprised me is how much harder his was to tip backwards than mine. I figured it would be the oposite, awesome cart Donovan, hope I can pull another PIT maneuver on you tomorrow!

I used the red repair film for tail lights and it looks good. Thanks @Bultx1215 and @mattc for that idea.

Oh and @mikeykline, just because you raced vehicles a ton in your life, you got nuttin' on Disc Golf Cart racing. Well, maybe it does, but you can bite me anyway.

Latest posts