• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

You're not going to want that seat in a spot where you're constantly having to reach your hand. I'd turn the bag all the way around, so it's accessible from the back.

Later to be determined option c
Would you like to offer ideas on what option C should be?

You're not going to want that seat in a spot where you're constantly having to reach your hand. I'd turn the bag all the way around, so it's accessible from the back.

It looks bad in pictures, but the discs are plenty easy to get out. I may try flipping the bag around like you suggest. Will probably have to take the frame out of it, but that's easy enough to do

Would you like to offer ideas on what option C should be?

I'm not sure how you have the bag secured right now, but 4 carabiners with one at each corner could support the bag on the rails so it's tipped with the discs pointing up. This should allow you access to your discs without having to dig down that low to the ground and still leave you access to all the pockets.

I had originally thought about laying the bag on the top part of the frame, but decided to put the bag low to help with stability, since I lean on the cart to walk. I also figured without any weight on the bag straps that the bag would be stressed less.
I've got some extra pipe straps and could secure some 1x2 to the top frame to support the bag, but I didn't know how to keep the bag in place, but still easy to remove.

Currently, with the discs forward, the bag sits on the cart frame quite snug. For security, I have the "stool straps" snapped around uprights of the cart to keep it from falling forward or sideways and an extra strap I had on hand going around the uprights to keep it from falling backward.

Can you put a bar across the 2 tube sections and just hand the backpack from that with the bottom resting against a lower tube section?

Yeah, but I still don't grasp how to easily get the bag on and off. All I'm coming up with is unthread/rethread the shoulder strap every time.

Yeah, but I still don't grasp how to easily get the bag on and off. All I'm coming up with is unthread/rethread the shoulder strap every time.

You could try drilling through the two top side bars on the cart and then attaching a PVC pipe to hang the bag from using butterfly screws for easier on/off access. Just a thought.

Wish the edit button lasted longer...

Are you saying to make the cross bar wider than the cart frame, so the straps go on from the outside (I know what I'm trying to say :)) it might pull the straps a little wide, but may work. Will have to look at it when I get some free time.

How about drilling and adding simple eye bots as attachment points where needed? Eye bolt protrusion can be manages with a couple nuts and give you a bit of 'left and right' to work with.
For connecting the pack straps for easy of use, use over-sized caribiners, hook and loop, binder ring, strap and clip, or whatever..

(eye bolts also handy up the handle to clip on towels, trash bag, ect.. look classy too )

Wish the edit button lasted longer...

Are you saying to make the cross bar wider than the cart frame, so the straps go on from the outside (I know what I'm trying to say :)) it might pull the straps a little wide, but may work. Will have to look at it when I get some free time.

Adding a PVC pipe where the red lines are. Attach the PVC using butterfly screws so you can easily remove the PVC and your bag when done. Simply hang the bag from the PVC using the straps. I don't think it would work to have the straps on the outside of the frame, at least not without causing damage to the straps after use.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 9.39.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 9.39.12 PM.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 171
So I didn't have as much time as I expected tonight. Forgot it was pumpkin carving night #1. So I did this while taking out the trash.

Wrapped a compression strap around the frame, set the bag on it and laid it back, using my bottle holder as the other bag support. The bag straps ate straps like that to keep it from tipping forward. I think y'all are onto something with the higher up mount. I added weigh weight to the front, that having the high bag didn't make it too tippy.
I don't want to drill the frame, since I may need to be able to turn it back into a stroller for my son.

I'm planning on taking it out to a course tomorrow as a shake down to make sure the seat works as good in real world as it does in the garage. Hopefully have time to come up with some form of solution and unveil this at an event Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_20151027_241432901.jpg
    IMG_20151027_241432901.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
That looks better, one of the best things about having a cart is not bending over so far to get into your bag.
On the couple I have built, I made sure the bag was as high as I could get it

Last edited:

Note: I have no idea how feasible this is.....

Is it possible to add those quick attach/detach clips to the existing backpack straps?

Perhaps attach the straps using carabiners?

Went out yesterday with basically the same setup as the last version, with the high bag, we'll call it option C. Took it up and down the steepest parts and the roughest paths on the course. Preformed quite well
Got slightly tippy going up, but I'll live with that for the convenience of the high up bag. Had to reposition the bag once, after the cart leaning a little too far sideways, but that should be an easy fix. The seat had the slightest rattle, couldn't hear it over crunching leaves, but that may need attention too.

Unfortunately, the cart is back in stroller mode at least until Friday morning, maybe Saturday night.

I know it is a premade, but good Lawd I love this thing. I have my 10 year old, and sometimes my 13 year old, out with me alot, so being able to carry a cooler, their bags if needed, and have a Chair for them to rest is fantastic. I added the cooler behind the bag, a 2" memory foam cushion to the seat, airless tubes in the tires, and a GPS case for small items. I will add an umbrella holder before the summer sun gets around again.
20151013_1657101_zpsgv4kebm8.jpg

20151013_1657331_zpsvcqob4bl.jpg

Latest posts