• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

Johnny, that looks like the 16" version of my cart. I may have to borrow an idea or 2 from you in the future, once my son outgrows it and I'm no longer switching between stroller and cart.

That looks like a Hit and Sit cart. I had one long ago.

:clap:
I'm thinking about getting this cart and modify it.

$(KGrHqN,!g0E7SuiqL+eBO3gDustmQ~~60_3.JPG

Finally got this thing into SketchUp. I expect to be able to complete this in aluminum/plastic almost entirely and be ~10 lbs and less than $100 all in, all materials purchased. Wheels ran me $30 so we'll see. Winter in MN is building season... last few winters have been baskets and mini baskets. This is the new thing in DG, so i gotta build it.

What winds up happening though is that I build a prototype and then justify buying the real thing... cause I deserve it :)

Ctrl + P
8032316_orig.png

Last edited:
Finally got this thing into SketchUp. I expect to be able to complete this in aluminum/plastic almost entirely and be ~10 lbs and less than $100 all in, all materials purchased. Wheels ran me $30 so we'll see. Winter in MN is building season... last few winters have been baskets and mini baskets. This is the new thing in DG, so i gotta build it.

What winds up happening though is that I build a prototype and then justify buying the real thing... cause I deserve it :)

Ctrl + P
8032316_orig.png

Are you using 80/20 for the frame?

Ctrl + P
8032316_orig.png

My brother literally just made this exact cart in his garage, using right angle iron.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20151118_184322.jpg
    20151118_184322.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 702
  • 20151118_184252.jpg
    20151118_184252.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 699
Are you using 80/20 for the frame?

I'm planning on using 6063 Square Tube 1" by 1/8" walls for the legs and 0.062" for the rest. there's an aluminum place here in st paul - about half as expensive as Menards.

I'm toying with the angled stuff, but then I'd need to use wood walls. Plan on just using thin polycarbonate plastic for the walls and bottom, and just a wood top for the hinged seat. Going for lightweight in exchange for a bit of cost...

I'm a science guy but only dabble in mechanical designs, I think if I get it bolted tight it this set up will not be wobbly - without using plywood you don't get any twisting support from the thin plastic walls

Did you ever take this cart past the prototype stage. This is exactly what I want.

-teyo

Did you ever take this cart past the prototype stage. This is exactly what I want.

-teyo

Mine? Well I purchased the materials today - we'll see how long it takes me to tinker a little each day. The materials cost me just about $100 all together - I've done a lot of projects and put them up on youtube, this is my first cart... I may do some kind of youtube video.

Usually my goal is designing the lowest cost option (because that's what home made is for) however I went with some higher cost options here, with an aluminum frame, plastic panel for walls and acorn nuts to make it look more finished and light weight... If I get it done and it's not hideous I'll post it up here for sure.

I am almost done making some big changes to my cart.
The Grip A series has the 2 ribs on the bottom, so I just had an L - bracket sticking out for the bottom of the bag to ride on.

My new LB bag has a soft bottom, so when I put it on the cart it would push all the discs up and out of the bag.

I have spend a large amount of time making, and welding up a new folding shelf/basket for the bag to sit on/ride in.
I sprayed it with plasti dip, and it's drying now.

Plus I made a new aluminum riser for the piece that the shoulder strap fits over.

Pics to follow

I am almost done making some big changes to my cart.
The Grip A series has the 2 ribs on the bottom, so I just had an L - bracket sticking out for the bottom of the bag to ride on.

My new LB bag has a soft bottom, so when I put it on the cart it would push all the discs up and out of the bag.

I have spend a large amount of time making, and welding up a new folding shelf/basket for the bag to sit on/ride in.
I sprayed it with plasti dip, and it's drying now.

Plus I made a new aluminum riser for the piece that the shoulder strap fits over.

Pics to follow

I really wanted to make one that a backpack would sit in, but I thought it would get too tall to sit on top of, so i'm just making a box. interested to see the pics

Grip A-Series cart VS. LB Octothorpe cart

Here are the before and after pics of my cart.
Notice the bottom L - bracket vs. the folding shelf/basket.
I also removed the support hoop, and added a riser for the shoulder strap.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150905_112813.jpg
    20150905_112813.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 787
  • 20151125_071432-1.jpg
    20151125_071432-1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 783
  • 20151125_071459-1.jpg
    20151125_071459-1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 783
Trying my DIY this weekend. Two club rounds on Sunday....

Attachments

• IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts