• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

Seldom use it and may end up selling it soon but here is my setup.

The sniper bag stays in the cart and if I play without the cart I just use a different backpack. The sniper backpack was going to be a ranger but I couldn't find a red one at the time so picked up the sniper bag temporarily and just never got around to looking for a red ranger bag.

Red cart, red bag, red carbon fiber fenders, a red putter pouch, and a red rubber grip for the handle. It's a bit obnoxious but whatever.

23c23425e7f819dc7c436db23e89962d.jpg

I saw the guy who built one out of 80/20 T-Slot Aluminum, but has anyone used Speed-Rail fittings? https://www.industrialmetalsupply.com/Products/aluminum/speed-rail-fittings#1

Was thinking of slapping something like this together (not a welder) and drew something up using about 15 different fittings.

attachment.php

Maybe even make a third wheel design like a compact Knee-Rover:

KR_2_2_600x.jpg

I've been a welder and custom fabricator all my life, this is going to be a project of mine in the very near future. Every time I see a well made design like that my desire is renewed. I have a few designs drawn up but can't decide if I want to go simple design like this or go full nerd with a birdcage spiderweb trellis frame and go huge on the details. I've definitely decided I need to make something special though, the money they charge for these carts is crazy for what you get from a fabricator's perspective.

I've been a welder and custom fabricator all my life, this is going to be a project of mine in the very near future. Every time I see a well made design like that my desire is renewed. I have a few designs drawn up but can't decide if I want to go simple design like this or go full nerd with a birdcage spiderweb trellis frame and go huge on the details. I've definitely decided I need to make something special though, the money they charge for these carts is crazy for what you get from a fabricator's perspective.

Definitely go Full Nerd! :thmbup:

I say at the least make the seat fabric on top bigger then pictures to be more comfortable when sitting.

I'd be buying a lawnmower seat or something. They're cheap and light.

Do you know how heavy the light riding lawnmower seats are, kind with very little backrest? They are 4-5 LB. Unless you get some of the ones that are the Jet-ski/snowmobile/ATV type of seat.

Last edited:
Do you know how heavy the light riding lawnmower seats are, kind with very little backrest? They are 4-5 LB. Unless you get some of the ones that are the Jet-ski/snowmobile/ATV type of seat.

There are a TON of them out there. Literally hundreds of seat pans and pads- I've got a whole book of them. I know the kind you're talking about, and would definitely be going lighter.

I really hope I get a day off someday soon. It's been a while since I've had any fun shop creative time and I'd love to make myself something special.

There are a TON of them out there. Literally hundreds of seat pans and pads- I've got a whole book of them. I know the kind you're talking about, and would definitely be going lighter.

I really hope I get a day off someday soon. It's been a while since I've had any fun shop creative time and I'd love to make myself something special.

Hope you post pics when it's all finished. I'm going with speed rails on 1 inch pipe. Drew up a rough design that is going to incorporate a bicycle seat. It'll look like a squarer version of the one I posted above. Should take about 10 or 11 fittings...
11.jpg

Hope you post pics when it's all finished. I'm going with speed rails on 1 inch pipe. Drew up a rough design that is going to incorporate a bicycle seat. It'll look like a squarer version of the one I posted above. Should take about 10 or 11 fittings...
11.jpg

What Kind of Bike seat?, lots of different options.

Have a few old thrift store bikes in the shed. Don't know much about seat mounts, but I think most of them will work on 1 inch pipe.

Still does not answer the question but yeah they should fit, some like those of the old Dynamo bikes made by Dynasty have a seat that fits only that bike, the post narrows down into the seat tube to prevent the seat post from falling in all the way. Also some of the quick adjust fit only the model of bike you have, my dad has an old 1980's Japanese Mountian bike the seat post only fits the bike model he has.

Last edited:
Yeah, like I said don't know much about seat mounts, but just looking at a few of them, I can make them fit on 1 inch tubing.

Nothing novel, but I picked up a simple 9lb aluminum luggage dolly from Menard's. https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...rt-150-lb-capacity/85-611/p-1552285846499.htm.

Strapped a couple bags to it with room for a cooler, no extra cost. Wheels may need replacing eventually, but they held up okay to 54 holes of abuse on some hilly courses and bumps in the woods.

The one major inconvenience is setting it somewhere without it falling over. The bottom plate/wheels will fold up somewhat easily, so you often have to place it flat or lean it against something.

I'm not sure if this is the setup for me, but it did help my back noticeably. Am still considering a stroller.

Nothing novel, but I picked up a simple 9lb aluminum luggage dolly from Menard's. https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...rt-150-lb-capacity/85-611/p-1552285846499.htm.

Strapped a couple bags to it with room for a cooler, no extra cost. Wheels may need replacing eventually, but they held up okay to 54 holes of abuse on some hilly courses and bumps in the woods.

The one major inconvenience is setting it somewhere without it falling over. The bottom plate/wheels will fold up somewhat easily, so you often have to place it flat or lean it against something.

I'm not sure if this is the setup for me, but it did help my back noticeably. Am still considering a stroller.

I saw somebody do this with a dolly like that one in the 2000's for the 2007 South Dakota State Disc Golf Tournament. He ended up for 2008 using larger wheels on the folding cart, using some wheels that he could attach to the cart using the holes for the old wheels to attach the rod the new wheels went on. He did not like how low the cart was and later bought a small older style golf cart thing removed all the parts that held a golf bag on it and attached a Rubbermaid tub, the smaller ones to the cart and fit his Innova or other brand of larger qad style disc bag in the tub.

Last edited:

Latest posts