• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf clothes

I was wondering what most players wear out on the course. Standard cotton t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes? Or are you more of a sweat-wicking under armor type with hiking shoes?

for me it's mesh shorts, tall socks to keep the stickers and poison ivy at bay and tennis shoes. :cool:

But lately I have been thinking about about picking up some new shoes, at least. My ankles aren't the strongest so I was thinking some hiking boots, but I wonder if the high tops will mess me up.

so if you wear boots or hiking shoes, do you go high top or low top? What do you look for in a disc golf shoe or boot? What about you other appearel? :confused:

Shorts, tee-shirt and sandals in summer. Full on storm gear/hat and waterproof hiking boots during winter storms. Often with a glove on left hand. A little weird, but practical.

I wear a ghillie suit in the summer to steal discs from tdd's that throw on me too much. That and to scare small children.
ghillie-flage-suit.jpg

In the winter I look like I wear lederhosen b/c I rock soccer socks under my shorts.

Merrells, gore tex socks, my personal shirt/hat, and grey cotton shorts.

i wear what ever is comfy. in the summer i wear shorts (dickies) and i t-shirt until its soaked with sweat. slip on vans for my shoes and a bandana to keep the sweat out of my eyes. we have really hot summers in texas. i have not played in the winter yet.

I used to hiking quite a bit (Eagle Scout) So I have some old hiking boots, but I hesitate to wear them as I feel they are bulky and will restrict my motion. What are these Merrell's like and are they expensive?

I swear by my Merrell's and recommend getting them. They are light and easy to move in.

Adidas Visor
Foster Grant "Police" sunglasses
Keen Targhee II shoes
Wool knee length socks - either skiing socks or wool dress socks (which are more economical)
nylon shorts/pants
nylon shirts
mesh banana hammock

I usualy dress half way decent, almost like I'm at the links playing with Tiger. Polo, khaki shorts, tennies. Plus it makes me look more repectiful out on the course, IMO just makes us look better in the public eye.

I usualy dress half way decent, almost like I'm at the links playing with Tiger. Polo, khaki shorts, tennies. Plus it makes me look more repectiful out on the course, IMO just makes us look better in the public eye.

That's what I wear when I go running in the mornings. I would like to wear comfortable sport clothes more often, but runners just have a bad rap and I like to look professional out there.

pimp_daddy.jpg

I usually wear this at DeLaveaga other wise NewBalance in the summer Hi-Tec in the winter.
Underarmour in the summer. Always complimented by a big Flava Flav clock.
The battery died at 4:20 and I have yet to replace it.

I sugguest merrels but anything with a vibriam sole is good. They usually are ~90 for shoes,~110 for boots. Right now at my work we have a pair merrel riots on sale for 60 (pm me, free shipping) but that specific is best for natural tees. Chameleons are great due to their lightweigtness. Moans are super comfy. Water pros are self explanitory. And the side step is my overall fav- great spin and heel height. Consider goretex for all seasons.( I am not a merrel rep. and do not make comm.- just lookin out) For shorts I like Columbia cause they dry if wet and the stickies don't stick to them. I can let everyone know when other merrels or keens go on sale:)

i wear what ever is comfy. in the summer i wear shorts (dickies) and i t-shirt until its soaked with sweat. slip on vans for my shoes and a bandana to keep the sweat out of my eyes. we have really hot summers in texas. i have not played in the winter yet.
your gonna enjoy the winter time play here. we all come out to play like the yanks do in the summer.

pimp_daddy.jpg

I usually wear this at DeLaveaga other wise NewBalance in the summer Hi-Tec in the winter.
Underarmour in the summer. Always complimented by a big Flava Flav clock.
The battery died at 4:20 and I have yet to replace it.

I actually bought this costume for halloween a few years back. :rolleyes:

We play all winter. Many times I've been in snow deeper than my knees looking for my stupid disc.

:eek: And I thought finding discs in Chicago's winter was tough, but Buffalo is downright crazy! Don't you guys get a TON of snow there?

Yes we do. I'm thinking about getting straight up knee-high rubber over-boots for this winter. Shirfan has some and I thought the idea was genius!