• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf clothes

Anyone who has played my home course, Brian McClain Park in San Antonio, knows it ought to be renamed "Briar" McClain. Put one off the fairway on most holes and you'll find out it's one big rose bush without the pretty flowers.

It will shred you and this is why for a year straight I've worn blue jeans no matter how hot it is. All my friends wear shorts and guess who gets sent in to retrieve their discs?

Actually, I've worn pretty much everything in my closet to the course at one time or another. One time, I had a business meeting and went in a suit and dress loafers. Got a call the gang was headed out to course and didn't have time to go home and change.

Busted my a$$ on the first tee box (Note to self: Don't play disc golf in leather soled dress loafers ever again!!!!). Slipped the shoes off and ruined a pair of dress socks and I've never gotten the shoulder straps dirt stains out of that dress shirt.

Woodpecker

I usually just wear shorts, long socks, trail running shoes and a cotton t-shirt. Most of the time I also wear a visor to keep the sun out of my eyes.

I might look kind of lame but I wear a cotton t-shirt, athletic shorts and lightwieght hiking boots and usually my Iowa hat. The shorts don't really go with the boots, but I am in it for function, not fashion. Usually.

I might look kind of lame but I wear a cotton t-shirt, athletic shorts and lightwieght hiking boots and usually my Iowa hat. The shorts don't really go with the boots, but I am in it for function, not fashion. Usually.

as long as you are comfortable and relaxed enough to feel the force screw what anyone thinks. I wear shorts and a t-shirt with the sleeves cut out during the hot months which is about 5 months out of the year in Louisiana. All that matters to me as far as footwear goes is support. Can't use old shoes that feel like you are walking barefoot almost. I am prob the only person that wears new shoes while playing.

Hey Fashionistas: Don't over think it...

If it feels comforatble, wear it. The stuff I wear for disc golf is pretty much the stuff I wear for... anything casual. Give me cotton t-shirt, shorts, sneakers and low cut socks. If I'm going to be biking, blading, or playing ball that day, the shorts are mesh. If I'm running around town doing whatever it is I need to do around town, probably cargo shorts.

Ain't wearin' high socks because "I'm afraid of getting torn up looking for my disc." That kind of experience should be painful. Makes you work harder to keep it on the fairway next time. Learn control instead of learning to look like a fool.

If it's chilly out, I'll wear cargo pants and a roomy pullover or hoodie, because that's pretty much what I'd wear if I were going to the movies, restaurant, or a Tigers game.

Ain't wearin' high socks because "I'm afraid of getting torn up looking for my disc." That kind of experience should be painful. Makes you work harder to keep it on the fairway next time. Learn control instead of learning to look like a fool.

Good thought, but I don't think my game is to that level yet. I would rather look a little foolish for a couple of hours than look like a cat used my legs as scratching posts for a week or more. It is all personal preference.

I got a pair of Columbia hiking pants from Dick's Sporting Goods. They are great on my local course where there are lots of thorns and overgrown grass. Not to mention, they have probably saved me from several ticks and poison ivy outbreaks.

Anyone who has played my home course, Brian McClain Park in San Antonio, knows it ought to be renamed "Briar" McClain. Put one off the fairway on most holes and you'll find out it's one big rose bush without the pretty flowers.

It will shred you and this is why for a year straight I've worn blue jeans no matter how hot it is. All my friends wear shorts and guess who gets sent in to retrieve their discs?

Actually, I've worn pretty much everything in my closet to the course at one time or another. One time, I had a business meeting and went in a suit and dress loafers. Got a call the gang was headed out to course and didn't have time to go home and change.

Busted my a$$ on the first tee box (Note to self: Don't play disc golf in leather soled dress loafers ever again!!!!). Slipped the shoes off and ruined a pair of dress socks and I've never gotten the shoulder straps dirt stains out of that dress shirt.

Woodpecker

I played that course in late November, so I am glad that I had jeans on, because that course has some hazards.

i played last year during the middle of winter with 18 inches of snow on the ground and wore three pairs of socks (low cut, boot, and soccer socks) and some cleats. i have never worn anything besides sneakers or cleats

Yes we do. I'm thinking about getting straight up knee-high rubber over-boots for this winter. Shirfan has some and I thought the idea was genius!

Thanks. They do screw up my x-step a bit, but it's winter golf and I'd rather be warm and dry even if it costs some distance. When the snow is really deep I also take some twine and lash down my pants cuffs so that it can't come up into my pants and then down into the boot.

For this winter I'm also planning on cutting the throwing arm off of an old hoodie, layered with one tight and one looser long-sleeve shirts underneath. This, with doubled-up knit hats, should be warm yet unrestrictive down into the mid teens.

The last winter problem I'd like to solve is foot grip. Possibly affixing ice fishing cleats somehow, possibly plain old soccer cleats with gore-tex socks and gaiters.

i played last year during the middle of winter with 18 inches of snow on the ground and wore three pairs of socks (low cut, boot, and soccer socks) and some cleats. i have never worn anything besides sneakers or cleats

I'd have to say that's pretty hardcore. As far as I'm concerned, hand warmers are essential equipment for winter play. Otherwise, the hands get numb after a few holes, and I just can' get a feel for ir when I'm about to throw. Frgid hands also increase the tendency to release early or late.

Those Yak Trax are sweet for winter discin'. I wear a fleece base layer, North Face jacket and pants. Some good socks, and boots, turtle fur fleece neck thing, and a good hat & gloves. I played last year in subzero temps with a bunch of snow. The good thing is that you have the course to your self. I do some times wonder why I play in the winter though. I seem to lose lots o' plastic under the snow.

Thanks. They do screw up my x-step a bit, but it's winter golf and I'd rather be warm and dry even if it costs some distance. When the snow is really deep I also take some twine and lash down my pants cuffs so that it can't come up into my pants and then down into the boot.

For this winter I'm also planning on cutting the throwing arm off of an old hoodie, layered with one tight and one looser long-sleeve shirts underneath. This, with doubled-up knit hats, should be warm yet unrestrictive down into the mid teens.

The last winter problem I'd like to solve is foot grip. Possibly affixing ice fishing cleats somehow, possibly plain old soccer cleats with gore-tex socks and gaiters.

A super cheap way to get by, is to get some old boots and just run some self taping stainless steel stud screws into the lugs.

I was just out shopping yesterday with my wife and we went to Nordstrum Rack and I found some awesome Merrells for only $60. According to the tag they abot half off. I tried them out later in the day and they are great.

So, this may be a first anyone has ever suggested looking for DG clothes and Nordstum, but the Rack has really great deals. I had no idea when I went there so I'm just passing it on. :)