• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Driving Ranges

Standard basket at 200'. Wait, stop right there, that's all the farther I can throw. (Or is that further?)

The Nati at Mt Airy in Cincinnati.

Do we know of any driving ranges where there was a financial model involved such as this new plan? There have been lots of "driving ranges" around the country so this wouldn't be the first, maybe 30th. But I'm not aware of one where there was an attempt to make it a business.

I don't know of one run separately as a commercial enterprise, not counting those as part of a P2P course system[which don't usually charge separately for the driving range].

Last edited:
Driving range

Benbrook Texas is opening a discgolf driving range tonight at 9:00. It is $5.00 for 30 miutes or $8.00 for 1 hour. The driving range is part of the golf ball driving range and the par 3 golf course on Winscott. They said there will be about 2400 disc's available to throw.

Last edited:
Benbrook Texas is opening a discgolf driving range tonight at 9:00. It is $5.00 for 30 miutes or $8.00 for 1 hour. The driving range is part of the golf ball driving range and the par 3 golf course on Winscott. They said there will be about 2400 disc's available to throw.
Was this driving range a one time thing or is it a full time business? Going to be in the area next weekend and would love to hit it up if it is open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

We have a range here on site next to our pro shop and course in Cibolo TX. The range is marked up to 300ft and has room to expand with some current unmarked distance. In our experience it has helped out quite a bit. One, it is really nice to be able to practice but we also let our customers test out our discs on the range and see if they like them with no obligation to purchase. Being next to the pro shop with AC and refreshments, and the course on site as well, it definitely has benefits over just going to a football field or area not originally planned for disc golf.

How would you not think of using a football field?

In my experience it's not that easy to find a football field. The only time I threw on one, I had a sneaking suspicion I was there against the high school's wishes. In some more urban areas (southern California, South Florida, etc.) it can be hard to even find an open field close by.

I say just find the closest open field where you're not in danger of killing someone. If it's really important to get distances right, get some kind of distance measuring tool (wheel, even 50 feet of string) and some cones. You'll be at least as, if not more, accurate than the majority of signs on disc golf courses. And if none of the spaces near where you live are big enough, just work toward standstill 200' putter shots or that kind of thing.

Woodland Creek Community Park, in Lacey,WA has a driving range next to the course. Large field with markers for distances, where you can air it out.

Edmunds Park in South Boston Virginia (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5510) claims to have "the one and only Radar Disc Golf Driving Range". Don't know if that means they can tell you how fast you are throwing your disc or what. I can attest there is a "driving range" there although I have never seen distance markers or anyone using it, for that matter.

you can use the udisc or a few other apps to determine where you threw from and where your disc landed (this will of course give you the distance you threw it).

you can use the udisc or a few other apps to determine where you threw from and where your disc landed (this will of course give you the distance you threw it).

These are unfortunately only accurate to the margin of error on mobile devices.. out in the open, accuracy is typically in the +/- 5 Meter range (which would apply to each of the two readings), and can be much worse under tree cover.

Langley Pond in Aiken, SC has a warm-up / driving range area. A practice basket or two, and a flat field with 2 or 3 teepads at one end. The same DiscGolfPark tees that are on the course. Probably a distance marker, though I don't recall; and longer than a football field, for those big arms.

That's as close as I've seen to a driving range, without a stack of range discs or a retriever.