• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on the Wii

Yeah I can't wait to try the disc golf on Big Beach Games. I hope it is good enough to spawn a game built solely around disc golf!

Just ran across this, so I thought I would share it. Screen Shot from Big Beach Sports for Nintendo Wii.

picture.php

So has anybody tried the disc golf game in Big Beach Sports? Is it any good?

Uhhhhh. If they call soccer football..... I know that's what they call it in Europe but I still don't like it.

Uhhhhh. If they call soccer football..... I know that's what they call it in Europe but I still don't like it.

I am totally feelin' yer pain bro.

Looks like there is another game called "Wii Sports Resort" that will feature disc golf. Evidently it will have a new controller called "MotionPlus" that has more accelerometers than the original wii controller for improved accuracy in capturing the movement.

In Wii Sports Resort's Disc Golf, your only goal is to grasp a frisbee and hurl it into the air so that your Mii-like dog can run forward and catch it. The closer your frisbee soars to a virtual target on the field, the more points you get. It's so ridiculously simple and yet it's also a great deal of fun because the controls work so well. As you grip the frisbee, you can twist your wrist left and right, up or down, and you can do so slowly or quickly, and your on-screen Mii will do the same, closely mimicking your every movement. It works. Really. And because it works so well, it's fun. You can add very subtle movements to your throws and the frisbee will react accordingly. You really feel like you're in control. That a few extra accelerometers could make such a difference is almost comical, but it's true.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890299p1.html

I know this is off topic but I couldn't resist. Europeans have used the term "football" to describe...football...since no later than 1604, but probably long before then.

Shakespeare's play King Lear contains the line: "Nor tripped neither, you base football player" (Act I, Scene 4). Shakespeare also mentions the game in A Comedy of Errors (Act II, Scene 1):

Am I so round with you as you with me,
That like a football you do spurn me thus?
You spurn me hence, and he will spurn me hither:
If I last in this service, you must case me in leather.

"Spurn" literally means to kick away, thus implying that the game involved kicking a ball between players.

"American football" was not even conceived until the late 19th century, so it always amuses me to hear fellow Americans complain about Europeans using the term as if they stole it. We stole the name and much of the game from them, not vice versa.

I sincerely hope you guys do not jump down people's throat for using the term "frisbee golf", because that would be quite the double standard. :)

Wii Sports Resort videos look like you throw to a dog, but it opens up the possibility of an actual disc golf game for the Wii. Cool.

I wonder how you let developers know there is an interest for the game? We could start some sort of petition online or something.

Looks like there is another game called "Wii Sports Resort" that will feature disc golf. Evidently it will have a new controller called "MotionPlus" that has more accelerometers than the original wii controller for improved accuracy in capturing the movement.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890299p1.html

I'm confused, the dog's cute and all but are you throwing the disc for the dog or is it Disc Golf?

Big Beach Sports Features Volleyball, Cricket, Football, American football, and Discgolf. I've seen screen shots.

I have played the game in Big Beach Sports. It is fun may one or two times. It is great for kids, but not for adults looking for an intricate game with aloy of choices.

I'm confused, the dog's cute and all but are you throwing the disc for the dog or is it Disc Golf?

You're throwing to a dog... :(

But The Wii Motion Plus opens up the possibility of a real disc golf game because it adds true 1:1 motion and with that you could actually replicate throwing a real disc.

You're throwing to a dog... :(

But The Wii Motion Plus opens up the possibility of a real disc golf game because it adds true 1:1 motion and with that you could actually replicate throwing a real disc.

Yes but it will be real enough to allow you to pick up some carpet fuzz and drop it to check the wind. ;) It does look really cool. Thanks for sharing that video!

The new Disc Golf game for the Wii platform, named "PDGA presents Disc Golf" is in the final stages of development. We spoke with their Studio Director, Shayne Guiliano, about how the development and idea was started, when we might see the game released, and how they've worked to develop a game that both beginners and Pro's will enjoy...

You can see the full article at:
http://www.1000rated.com/?p=53

Enjoy!
Brian
Editor, 1000rated.com

Latest posts