• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
What is something that really bugs you on the course?

Talkers?
Music?
Non-Serious players?
Solo Players?
Groups that are too big?
Ungroomed / Manicured Courses?
Beer Bottles?
Psycho Rabid Rodents?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

For me -
I'm ok with talkers, music, and most things that others consider nuisances. The thing that bugs me the most are the partying lolygaggers that fail to realize that there are others.

I play on a fairly heavily trafficked course. Nothing is more annoying than a group that wants to stop at every teepad, chat, drink a beer, roll a joint, smoke said joint, and then half ass play....

At times, my clique can assemble a fairly large doubles tourmanent and we play with 10 (or so) guys... but we are all very efficient when we play.

Go easy on him. The internet is tough stuff and I like to think were all friends here.

Go easy on him. The internet is tough stuff and I like to think were all friends here.
You would like to think we're all friends until somebody picks up and leaves the country all the time and you have to fend for yourself.:(

I'm not leaving the country for awhile. Tim blocks my IP when I do that...

Butts on the course. I'll go off on a MF'er in a cold second for tossing one (and have).

Guilty of this myself for over 15 years. I've only had one guy bitch me out and tell me to "field dress" them and take them to a garbage can. This dude was a real douche, and only made me want to flick my butts directly at him.

I quit a few months back however, so I'm not contributing any longer. Still doesn't bother me to see them though. :\

Guilty of this myself for over 15 years. I've only had one guy bitch me out and tell me to "field dress" them and take them to a garbage can. This dude was a real douche, and only made me want to flick my butts directly at him.

I quit a few months back however, so I'm not contributing any longer. Still doesn't bother me to see them though. :\

If you were doing the littering, YOU, sir, were the douche. You deserved whatever he dealt you.

Sorry. Still don't view flicking my cig butt as littering. Yes, I realize they don't go away. Yes, I realize they will continue to collect. It's a cig butt. Not an empty can, big mac container, etc. People been flicking cig butts forever. Wasn't till all this PC BS and "green" notions came around that it became a problem. Some of you guys wouldn't never have been able to function outside of the 80's or 90's.

Scott,

somequick thoughts:

...flicking a butt is a lazy way to litter and just stupid, really. How hard is it to putt the butt in a sandwich bag (in your pocket)? Why do think it's ok to impose your lifestyle on others?

It's a nuisance issue, rather than a true environmental cause. It's ugly and unnecessary.

I couldn't care less if you smoke, but just smoke responsibly.

Disclaimer: this isn't a personal attack, just a statement against littering in general

V. Ray: you might want to pull his address of the site. Liability issues dude>>>> I only suggest this because I agree with your thinking and would empty out my butts and ashes at the said address.

Last edited:
i hate people that are horrible players but still take 5 minutes to line up every shot. and people that putt 2 or 3 discs on every hole. im not saying i dont like begginers just have the common courtesy to let people play through, go play early in the morning or hit the practice field.

My big pet peeve is people dinking around with their cell phones...texting, emailing, making/receiving non-necessary calls. I understand if its an emergency, or even a must-make occassional call, but trying to play a round with someone who's constantly diverting their attention from dg to miscellaneous cellphone BS really frosts me.

That is followed up closely by people who don't let others play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts