• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Still don't view flicking my cig butt as littering. Yes, I realize they don't go away. Yes, I realize they will continue to collect. It's a cig butt. Not an empty can, big mac container, etc. People been flicking cig butts forever. Wasn't till all this PC BS and "green" notions came around that it became a problem. Some of you guys wouldn't never have been able to function outside of the 80's or 90's.

You are undeniably wrong, but it would be bad form for me to call you a douchenozzle or post your address & encourage folks to go throw butts on your lawn to teach you a lesson (though that's what you deserve).

I tolerate cigarette butts on the ground, and even cans and bottles on the ground because lots of people pick them up to return them here, but plastic junk and trash in general really bothers me a lot. I have gone off on a couple drunken idiots for throwing their garbage on the ground at the course in front of me. Its just lazy and slothy to drop your garbage expecting someone else to come pick up after you. One time my girlfriend finished a can of soda and tossed the empty can out her window going down the highway, I pulled the car over and told her to go get it and told her that kind of thing irritates me, she never did it after that.

When people won't shut up when others are trying to throw. Everyone was quiet for you, show the same courtesy.

It has probably been said but, what about when someone in your group putts and misses, you then start concentrating on your putt and getting ready to let your putt go and a disc goes whizzing by your head as the other guy decides to take extra shots at the basket at the last second. Thats really lame.

It has probably been said but, what about when someone in your group putts and misses, you then start concentrating on your putt and getting ready to let your putt go and a disc goes whizzing by your head as the other guy decides to take extra shots at the basket at the last second. Thats really lame.

This.

I hate those unannounced mulligans. I don't mind you taking another shot, but for f**k's sake, at least let me know since I landed 40 feet in front of you and am anxious to try to sink this deuce.

Littering. It doesn't matter how small, it is still litter. People that hold other groups up with extra shots, standing by the basket on the last hole, etc.

When people won't shut up when others are trying to throw. Everyone was quiet for you, show the same courtesy.

agreed.

Some people purposely move right when you're going to putt, or say something quietly right as you drive to get in your head -- they gotta find some way to win I guess...

People who plays in a group of more than 4 people regularly. It's ok if you show up and you see a few people you want to throw a round with, and end up having 6+ guys once in a while as long as you let someone play through damn near every hole.

There was a group that was notorious for this at a course I used to play in college. Sometimes playing in groups of 12+ people with poor play-through manners.

I've played with some overly competitive people who will root for your disc to go astray while its in the air or say "yes!" when you hit a tree or go O.B. I think that's very rude and sometimes it bothers me so much that I am not able to have fun.:mad:

I'm not gonna lie and say that when I've been in a tight competition I haven't hoped for a bad break for my opponent so that I might gain/make up a stroke. However, I would never do that out loud.

You are undeniably wrong, but it would be bad form for me to call you a douchenozzle or post your address & encourage folks to go throw butts on your lawn to teach you a lesson (though that's what you deserve).

This post made me laugh.

A$$hol@s ruining the course!

My biggest pet peeve would be people f@cking up the course. Our local course (City Park, Pueblo, CO) used to be really sweet until it started getting trashed. A lot of the holes had a little tree or a certain branch that made the hole challenging and fun, but of course someone has to tear these to **** instead of enjoying the challenge.
And groups, that no matter how busy or not the course is, that insist on playing right on your a. I don't mind you asking to play through, because I do take my time and enjoy my game and the time with my son. But when I'm on my approach shot and discs are landing by me or my son from behind, I get pissed and your chances of playing through just got real slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate it when people get mad at me for flicking my butts on the ground, throwing extra discs, talking loudly (usually singing Bee Gees songs) taking random extra putts, and for throwing on people. C'mon Mr Pro, get your giant bag, stool, cheering section, cooler, regal elephant and hurry the hell on to the next hole.

Last edited:
It bugs me when people can't clean up after themselves, be it butts or empty drink containers (alcoholic or otherwise), you carried it in, it's not that hard to find a trash can or just carry it back out. Otherwise, it's hard to get me mad on the course, I'm out there to have fun and random idiots usually don't affect that.

disc golf pet peeve = pets

Unleashed ones, that is. I'm a big fan of animals and I have two great dogs at home. But I don't take them disc golfing, and I sure as hell don't let them roam unattended and without a leash. There's nothing worse than a large dog puncturing your soft putter with its teeth, thinking you're going to throw it for him/her.

I dont mind talking while i am walking between holes but while i am throwing i like a little peace.

i listen to music on my headphones while i play so i like music.

and the trash i dont like either.

disc golf pet peeve = pets

Unleashed ones, that is. I'm a big fan of animals and I have two great dogs at home. But I don't take them disc golfing, and I sure as hell don't let them roam unattended and without a leash. There's nothing worse than a large dog puncturing your soft putter with its teeth, thinking you're going to throw it for him/her.

YES!!! x 1000 :hfive:

Dogs: Great pets, horrible disc golfers.

YES!!! x 1000 :hfive:

Dogs: Great pets, horrible disc golfers.

I'm not sure this is the place for this argument, but I have never once had a single person have an issue with my dog on the course, and she plays with us frequently. That said, around other people she's on a leash, she doesn't jump on people or pick up discs, and we clean up after her. Even when there are poorly behaved dogs on the course (which are the exception not the rule in my experience) it's the owners that bug me, not the dog that doesn't know any better.

That's fine, I have no problem with well behaved dogs on the DG course. The problem is most of the time they aren't well behaved -- and no, it's not the dog's fault you're right.

My pet peeve is when someone spike-hyzers there disc into the mud/murky water and then asks: "Hey man can I use your towel?"

That junk ticks me off. How hard is it to bring one of your old stank nasty garage towels with you to use? Next time I am going to say "No... use your pants/shirt for that ****!"

Status
Not open for further replies.