• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey buddy, idk if anyone told you this, but dogs < people.

We get it you don't like dogs... But maybe they don't like you either :|.

funny-dog-pictures-dont-like.jpg

I will add I can think of plenty of people < Dogs

-On Subject-
One of my pet peeves is people that feel the need to pump fake you on every shot. Some reason the ones that take 30 seconds to attempt their put always miss it and end up taking another 30 seconds. Give your self a few pumps to get the motion down and the fluidity and then putt.

Mmm ... touchy subject.

... and just for kicks and giggles:

Michael Vick's prison sentence (various charges associated with dogfighting) - 23 months

Donte Stallworth's prison sentence (DUI manslaughter) - 30 days

*disclaimer* I think they BOTH should have been in / still be in prison. No excuse for animal abuse and no excuse for DUI, period. Actually I think Vick outta be publicly hung. (is that to harsh??) That's what kind of dog lover I am.

But fact of the matter is, if Vick hadn't lied continuously, to everybody who inquired, he'd have probably spent only 24 days in jail too. Furthermore, Stallworth's problems were at the state level, Vick's, federal. That's a huge, HUGE difference. Ya can't lie to federal investigators and get away with it. Look at Bonds or Clemens. Their problems aren't that they took PED's; it's that they LIED about it, to the feds. Can't do that. Hell, Bill Clinton. The issue wasn't that he screwing another woman, it was... again... that he lied about it.

There's also more to Stallworth's sentence than that. He stopped IMMEDIATELY after he hit the fella. The victim darted out in the middle of the road, NOT in or near a cross walk. Stallworth honked and flashed his lights before impact. After, he was EXTREMELY apologetic. (not that it should matter) And finally, the prosecutors just didn't have a very strong case against him. Had he fought the charges, he probably could have gotten it knocked down to like DWVI. He took a deal quickly to get it out of the media spotlight.

Besides, what Vick was doing took years to set up and and a huge "system" that HE was the ringleader of. What happened to Stallworth could happen to anybody. You, me, anybody, whether we're intoxicated or not. It was a sudden, "freak" thing. Vick's took premeditation, over LONG periods of time.

Now I'm not saying one is worse than the other, obviously they're both terrible. But the comparison is apples to oranges on several levels. In a vacuum, yeah, you'd think Stallworth's penalty should have been worse. But this isn't a vacuum; this is the real world, where life's not fair and anybody who says it is, is flat out lying to ya. (hopefully not to the feds)

*disclaimer* I think they BOTH should have been in / still be in prison. No excuse for animal abuse and no excuse for DUI, period. Actually I think Vick outta be publicly hung. (is that to harsh??) That's what kind of dog lover I am.

But fact of the matter is, if Vick hadn't lied continuously, to everybody who inquired, he'd have probably spent only 24 days in jail too. Furthermore, Stallworth's problems were at the state level, Vick's, federal. That's a huge, HUGE difference. Ya can't lie to federal investigators and get away with it. Look at Bonds or Clemens. Their problems aren't that they took PED's; it's that they LIED about it, to the feds. Can't do that. Hell, Bill Clinton. The issue wasn't that he screwing another woman, it was... again... that he lied about it.

There's also more to Stallworth's sentence than that. He stopped IMMEDIATELY after he hit the fella. The victim darted out in the middle of the road, NOT in or near a cross walk. Stallworth honked and flashed his lights before impact. After, he was EXTREMELY apologetic. (not that it should matter) And finally, the prosecutors just didn't have a very strong case against him. Had he fought the charges, he probably could have gotten it knocked down to like DWVI. He took a deal quickly to get it out of the media spotlight.

Besides, what Vick was doing took years to set up and and a huge "system" that HE was the ringleader of. What happened to Stallworth could happen to anybody. You, me, anybody, whether we're intoxicated or not. It was a sudden, "freak" thing. Vick's took premeditation, over LONG periods of time.

Now I'm not saying one is worse than the other, obviously they're both terrible. But the comparison is apples to oranges on several levels. In a vacuum, yeah, you'd think Stallworth's penalty should have been worse. But this isn't a vacuum; this is the real world, where life's not fair and anybody who says it is, is flat out lying to ya. (hopefully not to the feds)

IDK about the Vick being hanged part, but other than that those are almost exactly the same thoughts/opinions as me.

Hey buddy, idk if anyone told you this, but dogs < people.

I agree, but he had the dog restrained, then continued to kill it. That's the issue. and Dogs>sh!tty human beings, and he's a sh!tty human being for what he did.
Now lets move on, we all know what they say about fighting on the internet.

Your parents said the same thing guaranteed, so keep complaining old man. Those whipper snappers are always causing a ruckus. :gross:

I recently hit 30, I don't think I'm an old man just yet :) though a couple days ago someone told me that I was getting bitter when I was complaining about some political stuff lol.

Im sure people said the same thing about us when I was growing up, but I do think its worse now. Seems like every kid thinks they are special and deserve the world handed to them, it just didn't seem this widespread when i was growing up.

I'm sure people said the same thing about us when I was growing up, but I do think its worse now. Seems like every kid thinks they are special and deserve the world handed to them, it just didn't seem this widespread when i was growing up.

I think part of that problem comes from that "Every kid is a winner" crap they started. Everyone getting a trophy, and the kids not learning about loosing, makes them feel entitled I guess. Plus, the fact that 9 year olds now have cell phones doesn't help either. Parents want to be their child's friend, and not parent, and parents are afraid to say no.

what's wrong with solo players? doesn't that just show that they are dedicated to getting better? i play anytime i can even if no one is able to play with me

what's wrong with solo players? doesn't that just show that they are dedicated to getting better? i play anytime i can even if no one is able to play with me

It's not the solo players it is the solo players with 2 disc that don't think about their shots and constantly throw on you so you have no choice but to let them pass.

It's not the solo players it is the solo players with 2 disc that don't think about their shots and constantly throw on you so you have no choice but to let them pass.

oh yeah, screw them.. I'll try to carry 3 from now on just so I'm not a total DB. ;)

I feel as long people aren't impeding my game or irritating me, or doing dumb sh!t like throwing on people... nah, screw em.. get more discs..
actually you should prolly let the solo idiot always pass, is easier to be behind people like that then in front of them.

oh yeah, screw them.. I'll try to carry 3 from now on just so I'm not a total DB. ;)

I feel as long people aren't impeding my game or irritating me, or doing dumb sh!t like throwing on people... nah, screw em.. get more discs..
actually you should prolly let the solo idiot always pass, is easier to be behind people like that then in front of them.

Lol it's not that they carry 2 disc that makes them a DB. It is just that a majority of the 2 disc people on the course fit the DB category. We let 2 guys go in front of us today and he had to have thrown it 8ft from people flying a kite and didn't even say a word.

guess that is the key issue with most frustrating players isn't it?

Well, I had a new experience today -- I was at the course with a friend and it was unusually busy with large groups of newbies. We got past the first two groups of 5+, then ran into a group of 6 who were looking for a disc in a tree. All of them were inside or behind the tree. They yelled up at the guys in front of us as we were approaching the tee pad and told them to go ahead and throw. The guys in front of us finished the hole, we walked to the pad, and the group was still looking for the disc. So, we proceeded to throw. We walked down to the pin just as they found their disc -- we finished up, then walked to the next hole. As we were tossing on the next hole, one of the guys (ironically the largest) walked right up and stood in front of us on the tee pad, got in my face, and started yelling obscenities at me and "thanking" me for waiting at the last hole. I calmly pointed out to him that he was part of a large group and was off to the side of the course looking for a disc, so we passed by after waiting for several minutes. He proceeeded to tell me that I should have "asked" to pass them, then proceeded to yell some more. I firmly told him that HE should have invited us to pass and informed him of where the rules sign was at the beginning of the course that says "large groups should let faster ones play through" and left.

Of course, this ticked me off enough the rest of my game was horrible. :mad: Was I in the right here, guys? These people were in the middle of a spruce tree far out of range -- they couldn't have heard me even if I did "ask for permission." What I didn't tell him was that I am part of the club that paid for the teepads and pins that allow him to play at that course -- they are the sole reason it is there for him to use. If it went any further, I would have made a quick phone call to my associates at the police department and had them figure it out. :)

Garret

Last edited:
Well, I had a new experience today -- I was at the course with a friend and it was unusually busy with large groups of newbies. We got past the first two groups of 5+, then ran into a group of 6 who were looking for a disc in a tree. All of them were inside or behind the tree. They yelled up at the guys in front of us as we were approaching the tee pad and told them to go ahead and throw. The guys in front of us finished the hole, we walked to the pad, and the group was still looking for the disc. So, we proceeded to throw. We walked down to the pin just as they found their disc -- we finished up, then walked to the next hole. As we were tossing on the next hole, one of the guys (ironically the largest) walked right up and stood in front of us on the tee pad, got in my face, and started yelling obscenities at me and "thanking" me for waiting at the last hole. I calmly pointed out to him that he was part of a large group and was off to the side of the course looking for a disc, so we passed by after waiting for several minutes. He proceeeded to tell me that I should have "asked" to pass them, then proceeded to yell some more. I firmly told him that HE should have invited us to pass and informed him of where the rules sign was at the beginning of the course that says "large groups should let faster ones play through" and left.

Of course, this ticked me off enough the rest of my game was horrible. :mad: Was I in the right here, guys? These people were in the middle of a spruce tree far out of range -- they couldn't have heard me even if I did "ask for permission." What I didn't tell him was that I am part of the club that paid for the teepads and pins that allow him to play at that course -- they are the sole reason it is there for him to use. If it went any further, I would have made a quick phone call to my associates at the police department and had them figure it out. :)

Garret

wow, that sounds like cottonwood.. kind of why I don't play there anymore. Wait, you said spruce tree? Can't think of one there, there is a disc eating spruce in Pueblo if I remember right, couple of them actually.
I think you did very well in maintaining in the face of loud and stupid.

I think it depends on if you had a chance of hitting them. If they were ridiculously off the fairway, and not in harms way at all, ever, then you were fine imo. If you had a .01% chance of hitting someone, you should've asked.

Actually, it was Edora in Fort Collins -- lot o' spruce trees there. :D

Thanks,
Garret

Haven't played there yet, supposed to do a travel tag swap some saturday up there, I will watch out for loud, obnoxious people and for disc eating spruces.

Status
Not open for further replies.