• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pro Tour

Nah. BW simply forced the DGPT to put into place a disciplinary system posthaste. I doubt that was something that was regarded as essential to the first year of the tour. I'm completely unsurprised and I don't really understand why anybody else would be.

In the meantime, does it bother anyone that someone would sanction with the PDGA, work out whatever scheduling issues with them, get the advantage of being on the PDGA calendar, have players commit, make travel and lodging plans.....and then unsanction it a few days before? Were it a normal tournament, I think I'd feel baited and switched. Probably not an issue with the series championship. But does it say anything about the person self-appointed to lead the Future of Professional Disc Golf?
Too much of what Steve said was, "they didn't ask me." It was a pretty fun listen.

Any disciplinary structure the DGPT came up with in a 24 hour period probably looks a lot like the rules that the PDGA has on file, you know, like the ADGT rules.

Nah. BW simply forced the DGPT to put into place a disciplinary system posthaste. I doubt that was something that was regarded as essential to the first year of the tour. I'm completely unsurprised and I don't really understand why anybody else would be.

Yes, I was being unfair. Though it struck me as humorously ironic. It's a consequence of Dodge making this sudden leap a few days before the last event of the year, instead of just biting his tongue, getting through this event as originally planned and promised, and starting next week on plans for his non-sanctioned 2017 tour.

Because Steve specifically said the PDGA disciplinary process was flawed. He was gonna do it better. The only reason he needed a disciplinary process was because they needed to fix the flawed PDGA process. Yet here we are with the same outcome. Hmmmmmm.

Too much of what Steve said was, "they didn't ask me." It was a pretty fun listen.

Lyle, maybe you can confirm this: There was apparently a deal proposed to let Brad continue to play in DGPT events, but he would have to borrow Nikko's cheeky jockstrap and allow the newly formed DGPT DC to take turns spanking him. The deal apparently fell through when Nikko declined the request to loan out his jockstrap to Brad. :eek:;):p

Lyle, maybe you can confirm this: There was apparently a deal proposed to let Brad continue to play in DGPT events, but he would have to borrow Nikko's cheeky jockstrap and allow the newly formed DGPT DC to take turns spanking him. The deal apparently fell through when Nikko declined the request to loan out his jockstrap to Brad. :eek:;):p

If you can make that happen, I'd go for it, and I'd be sending you the disc of your choice for understanding the inherent value of a good practical joke, and bringing it to fruition.

For people commenting on the unsanctioned aspect while still using PDGA rules, have you never played in a well-organized unsanctioned tournament?

The ones I have, play by the established PDGA rules.

Unsanctioned does not necessarily mean not following the rules.

There are plenty of unsanctioned tournaments that draw a big crowd and are well established/successful, while still using the same rules we know and love.

Professional disc golfers follow the rules of the Professional Disc Golf Association and are subject to punishments by the PDGA. The TD does not determine punishment and the tour should be no different.
As far as the length of the suspension, the PDGA can not legally talk about specific players punishments, accusations, and alleged actions. Meanwhile social media can go crazy attacking them. The disciplinary process can be found on the website. If you don't act like a tool, you will never need it, but if you do, you should be confident that the PDGA will not sacrifice your privacy to save face.
While I greatly respect Steve Dodge and acknowledge he has done far more for the sport than I have ever attempted, I think this decision was rushed and based more on hurt feelings.

How can you have a disciplinary process when you don't have rules?

"When you break one of those guys rules, I'll decide your punishment, because those guys have stupid rules." Wait, what?

We have rules. It's in a blue book.
We also have a disciplinary process that is on the website.

DGPT...

That's a good idea. I need a designated driver, I'm way better at mids and putting, than driving.

For people commenting on the unsanctioned aspect while still using PDGA rules, have you never played in a well-organized unsanctioned tournament?

The ones I have, play by the established PDGA rules.

Unsanctioned does not necessarily mean not following the rules.

There are plenty of unsanctioned tournaments that draw a big crowd and are well established/successful, while still using the same rules we know and love.

But isn't that the point? A lot of pissing and moaning about the PDGA and their rules, followed by a tacit approval of the rules by using them. At least the ADGT made up some rules. They were stupid rules, but at least they tried to prove they could do it differently.

If you're gonna say the PDGA does things badly, then you should at least have something better.