• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf snobs

God gave me my moobs, if you don't like them, you don't have to look at them. :|

That would make an awesome video! You have a camcorder?:hfive:

Yes I do...we should both play a round in just G-Strings & post here on DGCR...maybe even do a night round with glow in the dark G-Strings & a night vision camera. You think people will still be complain about shirtless guys with man boobs? :D

Sure it wasn't beer and hash brownies? ;)

Positive since every guy in my immediate family has them, I've had them before beer and drug free is the way to be!

If you don't like moobs, you don't like boobs period. Women get their genes from both parents you know. :|

(I've actually golfed shirtless one time ever, I usually stay clad more b/c my pasty Irish skin might blind other disc golfers)

Um, Dave...

Do your moobs look like nice boobs? I know mine sure don't. :|

:D

Positive since every guy in my immediate family has them, I've had them before beer and drug free is the way to be!

If you don't like moobs, you don't like boobs period. Women get their genes from both parents you know. :|

(I've actually golfed shirtless one time ever, I usually stay clad more b/c my pasty Irish skin might blind other disc golfers)

That has to be the corniest phrase I've heard in a LONG time, lol. :D

On the topic of Disc Golf Snobs, The only snobs i have personally experienced are the 'my discs are better than yours' snobs.

"What are you throwing?"
"Just a DX *whatever*"
"Oh, hmm. I order all my discs from *wherever*. I mainly thow *so-called superior brand*"

On the topic of Disc Golf Snobs, The only snobs i have personally experienced are the 'my discs are better than yours' snobs.

"What are you throwing?"
"Just a DX *whatever*"
"Oh, hmm. I order all my discs from *wherever*. I mainly thow *so-called superior brand*"

That reminds me of this one guy I got stuck playing with. He had a DX Boss. I ended up spitting in his drink when he wasn't looking. I also called him funny names. What a dbag that guy was!

BirdieMachine also said he could whip any pro's butt, and throws a putter 400 feet. I'm pretty sure he's joking.

"What are you throwing?"
"Just a DX *whatever*"

I don't get that. I really don't. If someone throws a Pro D or DX or whatever plastic works for them why in the world would anyone look down on that?

That's beyond snobbery, that's just being a bag...

wait you throw dx?

well i'm guilty of this. i honestly use to play with two players couple times a week and they are both 1000 rated so i always felt like i was a ****ty player. turns out i would say well i'm not very good because i'm not 1000 rated.....so i was kind of a snob. apparently only about 200 people are 1000 rated atm.

Snobbery is more in the eye of the beholder than the accused. Don't get me wrong, there are some Grade-A dbags out there, but I'm sure otherwise nice guys have been perceived as snobs by certain players for this reason or that.
Last weekend, for example, I got the feeling that I was coming off as snobby. I was on my way to the in-laws for a BBQ, but wanted to play the course near their house first since I never got down there. I was playing alone (but with my wife) so I asked to play through a group of casuals. I got up and threw a decent drive and they were saying that it was almost as good as theirs. As I walked the fairway, I found that my drive was nearly twice the distance of theirs. So, I think they probably thought I was being snobby by asking to play through. however, today I spotted a guy that seemed to be waiting for someone to invite him to play so I asked him to join our group.
I typically don't offer advice unless its asked. And if I'm someone asks me what I shot at an event, I usually respond with, "better than I thought I would" or "not as well as I had hoped." Anyway, I'd agree with some others that said the OP needs to sack up because people allow themselves to get offended way too easily these days.

wait you throw dx?

well i'm guilty of this. i honestly use to play with two players couple times a week and they are both 1000 rated so i always felt like i was a ****ty player. turns out i would say well i'm not very good because i'm not 1000 rated.....so i was kind of a snob. apparently only about 200 people are 1000 rated atm.

I have this same issue. I'm only 882 rated and it sometimes amazes me that I'm not the crappiest plyer at the course. This comes due to our park having a fairly high concentration of talent. I play fairly regularly with Steve and Bamba Rico, Freddie Sotelo, Jerry Goff and several of our lesser known locals who just make me look like I just found discs that day and started playing. When I play with lesser skilled players, I have to rein my ego in a bit and sometimes can be a bit rude due to my surprise at being NOT the worst player there. Also, I had a fair bit of throwing talent to begin with and fairly rapidly picked up decent course management sills so I dropped alot of strokes off of my scores in a fairly short period of time.

I play with an "old timer" who takes the sanctimonious, holier than thou approach to playing.

I've been playing for four years now and when I started my friends and I would always have a mulligan once per round. Casual play of course. When I suggest it to this guy he acts like I'm defacing the game and he won't shut up about it. Hole 1 he says "nah I don't do that. Then I'll know that my score is not really my score" which is fine even though you don't necessarily take your mulligan throw. But whatever, to each his own but the problem is he brings it up on hole 2 then hole 3 and so forth until I finally snap at him and go "ok dude I get it." It totally ruins the fun.

Also, I have the worst luck with losing discs. The worst. Our course has a lot of elephant grass and it just eats my discs. It's terrible and it's cost me a lot of money and a lot of strokes. A lot of it has to do with I can throw decently far and when they get so far away from you it's hard to gauge where they land exactly. Holy Roller can throw about 250-280ft max (he's older and has arthritis etc) but his response to me is "keep it in the fairway" "if mine goes in I always find it" stuff like that which is insulting and suggesting that somehow his ability to find his short drives somehow makes him a better player.

Anyways, there definitely are snobs of many varieties and sometimes I'm sure I'm guilty of it too.

Latest posts