• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

I will add some of my thoughts as well..
+I love the new Pro Shop features and the new plastics.
+The game is a blast and a great time killer

-Sometimes I can throw X disc 450ft+ off the tee, and on another tee it will max out ~100 less. This seems to happen even on holes that don't seem to have much variance in their altitude changes, so it confuses me.
-Sometimes while putting, I have to aim REALLY high or else I will hit cage low, even when the aim assist shows chains and I get a full power hit.

There seems to be a glitch in the system for drivers.........

The first few rounds, view that shows the disc path as a shaped S curve would change as i added hyzer/anhyzer angle to the throw. Now i tip the disc on a 45 degree angle and the flight still goes straight(and not near as far). So i quit using the driver(Fling) and went to the fairway driver. Been crushing 300' + drives for a few more rounds and now this disc woun't shape shots and only goes 190'

Yeah, I've had the inconsistent driver issue for a couple days now too. On one hole it drops out of the sky at 250 feet on a full power throw and the next hole it hits 310 without any real difference in elevation.

FTNoob, that's a great score on SV. :hfive: Were you throwing sky annys? What's your power at, my next upgrade is at $31 and I throw mostly speed 14 drivers.

Check the condition of the drivers that don't work any more. i don't think it's a glitch, there is a condition system

There seems to be a glitch in the system for drivers.........

The first few rounds, view that shows the disc path as a shaped S curve would change as i added hyzer/anhyzer angle to the throw. Now i tip the disc on a 45 degree angle and the flight still goes straight(and not near as far). So i quit using the driver(Fling) and went to the fairway driver. Been crushing 300' + drives for a few more rounds and now this disc woun't shape shots and only goes 190'

The discs are too beat in

I think that's the problem too. As they get beat in, they get very squirrelly.

I got my 4th Ace yesterday and shot a personal best -4 at Merman Cay

Yeah, even premium discs beat in a few rounds... I got my first ace a couple days ago on a -9 round at Merman Cay. I freaking LOVE that course. God I wish it was real...

Another gripe is how many teepads have cliff faces in front of them, forcing a HUGE sky hyzer to get 300' with a "Speed 15" There has to be at least 5-6 holes with rock faces that go straight up in front of them. I appreciate wanting to challenge people, but have you ever been to a course that silly?

Another gripe is how many teepads have cliff faces in front of them, forcing a HUGE sky hyzer to get 300' with a "Speed 15" There has to be at least 5-6 holes with rock faces that go straight up in front of them. I appreciate wanting to challenge people, but have you ever been to a course that silly?

It'd be a little more tolerable with the ability to throw thumbers.

I will add some of my thoughts as well..
+I love the new Pro Shop features and the new plastics.
+The game is a blast and a great time killer

-Sometimes I can throw X disc 450ft+ off the tee, and on another tee it will max out ~100 less. This seems to happen even on holes that don't seem to have much variance in their altitude changes, so it confuses me.
-Sometimes while putting, I have to aim REALLY high or else I will hit cage low, even when the aim assist shows chains and I get a full power hit.

What are the new pro shop features? I only noticed more plastics.

I have also noticed that you sometimes have to putt really high, and this seems to be something new, maybe related to the last update. It's really hurting my 60+ ft. putting game.

It'd be a little more tolerable with the ability to throw thumbers.

So true.

And power down putts. I've had several fall out from 10' and I really feel if I could select something lower that "Putt" as my throw style it would just be a gentle drop, not a power chain banger.

Yeah, even premium discs beat in a few rounds... I got my first ace a couple days ago on a -9 round at Merman Cay. I freaking LOVE that course. God I wish it was real...

I believe at this point, all the holes that are part of the course line ups were randomly generated and then the seeds are saved, in order, to make 18 holes. I would agree that some of the seeds they used are silly, but some are awesome. With a lot of people playing practice holes and writing down seeds that are great holes, it's pretty easy to build an awesome course.

That said...
A COURSE EDITOR would really really advance this game, as you could design holes the way you want them, instead of finding seeds that work. You could also create par 4 and par 5 holes, because you're not limited to the confines of the random generator guardrails for seed generation.

I hope this is something that can be done, because that would take this game from Alpha testing to Beta testing in a hurry, with well designed holes to play :thmbup:

That said...
A COURSE EDITOR would really really advance this game, as you could design holes the way you want them, instead of finding seeds that work. You could also create par 4 and par 5 holes, because you're not limited to the confines of the random generator guardrails for seed generation.

I hope this is something that can be done, because that would take this game from Alpha testing to Beta testing in a hurry, with well designed holes to play :thmbup:

I was thinking something similar, but use the layout of existing 'iconic' holes as a template. Take #8 at the USDGC for example (proabably better before several trees were lost over the last couple years but one that came to my mind) - would it be that hard to map water or steep ravines where the OB rope is and place trees where they are on the actual hole at Winthrop? A round of 18 "classic holes" from Maple Hill, Flyboy, Highbridge, etc would be awesome.

With a course designer that users had access to, I would be creating entire courses from the NT circuit. Also I would be creating my home course :) very quickly I think the user base could create the entire DGCR course listing (over three stars of course)

Yeah, I've had the inconsistent driver issue for a couple days now too. On one hole it drops out of the sky at 250 feet on a full power throw and the next hole it hits 310 without any real difference in elevation.

FTNoob, that's a great score on SV. :hfive: Were you throwing sky annys? What's your power at, my next upgrade is at $31 and I throw mostly speed 14 drivers.

Yes the sky annys are your friend on that course lol. It takes some trial and error and patience, but there is a definite line for 80% of the holes.
FWIW, I'm working with power and accuracy levels at 6 right now. All courses I've maxed out so far at -10 except for that -11 at SV ;)

Odd glitch just occurred on SV #16 - instead of actually working today I was on rd 4 so far and the game closed after I scored a birdie, during the Loading...scorecard screen. No biggie, it happens, and I can always pick back up where it had dropped. This time, however, the 'continue game' resumed at Merman Cay #17 instead of SV where I had just been playing.

This just happened again, but while my drive was in-flight on hole 18 of Summers Pass. I bring the game back up, hit continue round and it takes me to the tee of 18 on Sudden Valley...which is cool becasue I guess now my best score there will be -4 :thmbup: