• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

After watching that video I have some things I need to try out. I saw a few lines that might work for me. Plus I need to work my Fuse throws, I'm not getting near the distance they are.

The extra glide light Ballista is your friend! Several par 4's are reachable with that, just have to practice the angles depending on the wind. I'm still learning a few myself.

Getting pretty solid up to about 60', about 75% now. 60-100' I am up to about 40%. Looks like top tier is about 95%, and 80%+ or so from those ranges.

Finally got the light glide Ballista, level 69. Had to blink a few times to make sure it was real. I look forward to being a bit more competitive now. Might even switch to the Acc/Glide Pure (from sticky) since I'll have more throw-in attempts well inside of Fuse range.

For those with the good Ballista, what is your backup Ballista(s)?

Finally got the light glide Ballista, level 69. Had to blink a few times to make sure it was real. I look forward to being a bit more competitive now. Might even switch to the Acc/Glide Pure (from sticky) since I'll have more throw-in attempts well inside of Fuse range.

I'm weird, I bag a Light/Glide a Wind/Glide and a light/skip. Backed up with a wind/acc musket a sticky/acc pure and wind/acc compass. If I ever get a wind/acc explorer I will probably drop the Skip Ballista but at level 172 and still don;t have one :)

The extra glide light Ballista is your friend! Several par 4's are reachable with that, just have to practice the angles depending on the wind. I'm still learning a few myself.

Getting pretty solid up to about 60', about 75% now. 60-100' I am up to about 40%. Looks like top tier is about 95%, and 80%+ or so from those ranges.

I "expect" to make everything from around 25 meters in, I will be hitting chains at least, but since the last IOS update quite a few of what I would expect to stick will bounce out on me, my rating has dropped around 20 points as a result and is now hanging around 930 - 940. To the point I might actually stop ace running everything and layup as I'm getting more spit outs than I am aces.

I use the sticky accurate pure. Aim to the left side of the chains and throw most shots on an anny of varying degrees depending on wind direction (for a direct cross left - right speed 2 or higher I aim straight or even with a touch of hyzer for 4/5 wind) .

For the winds in general I'm aiming the bottom arrow 1 wind at about mid chain height. 2 wind just above the rim, 3 about halfway up the bucket, 4 just under the bucket and 5 almost at the ground. I would say throw ins are probably the strongest part of my game.

I "expect" to make everything from 100 feet and in.

I use the sticky accurate pure. Aim to the left side of the chains and throw most shots on an anny of varying degrees depending on wind direction (for a direct cross left - right speed 2 or higher I aim straight or even with a touch of hyzer for 4/5 wind) .

For the winds in general I'm aiming the bottom arrow 1 wind at about mid chain height. 2 wind just above the rim, 3 about halfway up the bucket, 4 just under the bucket and 5 almost at the ground. I would say throw ins are probably the strongest part of my game.

Pretty much my approach and belief

Only carry the one now
I had a Light/Big Skip when inversions were a thing, then used (with great success) a Wind/Skip one in the period between when I stopped using inversions and when it updated iOS to version .901

Tried a Big Skip/Roll one for a while - it helped get to some of the par fours, but just not needed very often so I dropped it in favor of a Wind/Glide Recoil I use a lot

I'm already seeing holes where the Light/Glide Ballista is a major advantage. It might even be worth close to one shot per round on average.

Also, I'm sold on the Acc/Glide Pure after a few rounds. Everything stays up better gliding into the basket. It's a completely different disk from the Acc/Sticky, which may be better at shorter range (though I'm sure this is debatable).

I'm already seeing holes where the Light/Glide Ballista is a major advantage. It might even be worth close to one shot per round on average.

Also, I'm sold on the Acc/Glide Pure after a few rounds. Everything stays up better gliding into the basket. It's a completely different disk from the Acc/Sticky, which may be better at shorter range (though I'm sure this is debatable).

I prefer Sticky - the "stay up" you referred to caused me to miss a lot of shots high when I had the Glide
I got much better at throw-ins after I switched (and learned the disc). I also think sticky lessens the spit outs

It's totally a personal preference thing, though. There are plenty of top players in each camp

I DLed this game when it first came out and found it fairly frustrating in playability. Sounded like it got better, based on some of the posts here, but when I went to DL again, the main reviews strongly critiqued the updated game physics in a negative light (one was so irritated he removed 2 stars).

My question is, has this been updated since and are the physics a little more reliable?

Well, this was kinda cool.

RoundWithSimon.png

Yes, I played horribly (I'm not that great but -5 would be a more typical score for me), but at least I can say that I was tied with Simon Lizotte for two holes, and that I matched one of his eagles.

My question is, has this been updated since and are the physics a little more reliable?

There are some places where the physics aren't very good, but you will learn many of them. For instance the way wind affects the shot can be off, like putting with a tailwind.

But overall the game is very playable. I say give it a try for 10-20 rounds to get the feel for the controls and the mechanics then judge the playing experience for yourself.

I DLed this game when it first came out and found it fairly frustrating in playability. Sounded like it got better, based on some of the posts here, but when I went to DL again, the main reviews strongly critiqued the updated game physics in a negative light (one was so irritated he removed 2 stars).

I think it's a case of being different rather than better or worse. Both models have their ridiculous outcomes, but the new physics is a little bit more disc golf-y to me. There have been minor updates since the switch, and I feel like things are improving since the new physics rolled out (pun intended).

Ok. Cool. Doesnt matter either way I guess. Apparently google has updated the play store.
Theres no way Im giving google my current cc info. Ive had that expired card on their file for at least 6yrs: Best way to avoid the littles from buying anything. The app is free, so there is no reason they should need it. I never buy apps or IAPs anyway.

Yes, the light/glide Ballista gets crazy distance. As a side note, "glide" in any disc adds a ton of distance. A non-glide Ballista barely goes farther than a glide Recoil. And for drivers, "wind" is basically as close to "accurate" as you can get. That's why a Wind/Glide Ballista would be insanely nice, and why a Wind/Glide Recoil has made it into some bags.

I tend to agree with etdefender that the Glide Pure helped me miss some shots. Team sticky!

Ok. Cool. Doesnt matter either way I guess. Apparently google has updated the play store.
Theres no way Im giving google my current cc info. Ive had that expired card on their file for at least 6yrs: Best way to avoid the littles from buying anything. The app is free, so there is no reason they should need it. I never buy apps or IAPs anyway.

I've never given google a cc number. I usually have a screen pop up asking me for CC or other payment method but there is an option to skip it(I think it is below the box.)

I prefer Sticky - the "stay up" you referred to caused me to miss a lot of shots high when I had the Glide
I got much better at throw-ins after I switched (and learned the disc). I also think sticky lessens the spit outs

100% this. The sticky accurate is a chain hunter up to 50 meter - ~160' I used to bag an acc/glide as well as the main putting putter and thrower but moved to just the sticky and have no regrets. With a 9 disc bag I would have the acc/glide back in to open up a couple of ace runs the sticky can't quite make but aside from that sticky/acc all the way!

Things Ive noticed after my "first" few rounds.
The length of the "grass" on the ground has no bearing on anything.
Wind info is just for entertainment purposes.
Weather (rain or shine) has a majorly dramatic effect on flight, regardless of wind speed.
Your flick speed has virtually no bearing on putt speed, only the draw affects your throw.
My "character" has never thrown a disc in his life, but can still throw about 250ft.

Latest posts