• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Ok. Sorry guys, I'm done. I despise artificially raised baskets in play. Practice? Fine.
Whats in the later courses? Windmills? Little alligator heads that open and close? Do I get a free round if I ace the last hole?

You don't have to apologize to us. We don't care if you play or not. Kind of stupid to have an elevated basket be the straw that broke the camel's back, but to each their own. You would have rage quit and uninstalled the game when you reached the Windswept course anyway, where the wind absolutely affects your throws.

But seriously. If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. Life is too short to waste time doing things you don't want to.

I'm not liking 912 for android so far (maybe just not adjusting well?) The main issue is some additional spitouts in the 30' range. That alone is costing me an average of 1 stroke per round.

Other things I've noticed:
- wind affects putts a lot less
- drivers have lost some distance?
- throw-ins and/or longer putts are behaving a bit differently, and I still haven't figured out how to make 70 to 170 footers in the update

It's making me think my recent ratings increase was just due to the 903 android version!

I'm not liking 912 for android so far (maybe just not adjusting well?) The main issue is some additional spitouts in the 30' range. That alone is costing me an average of 1 stroke per round.

Other things I've noticed:
- wind affects putts a lot less
- drivers have lost some distance?
- throw-ins and/or longer putts are behaving a bit differently, and I still haven't figured out how to make 70 to 170 footers in the update

It's making me think my recent ratings increase was just due to the 903 android version!

I am liking the new update. Last night after updating I threw my highest rated round yet, a 989 with 8 birdies and 1 eagle.

So far my putts have been sticking, at least all the putts that got in the chains.

I have played about 5 rounds since the update so maybe I will notice more things after a few more rounds.

Im seeing some these same things. 50-100' putts seem to be going more left. And higher. Drives do seem shorter. Discs flop more than roll now after ground hit.
Haven't noticed as many spit outs, but then again I am missing a lot high or left. Still adjusting.

I am liking the new update. Last night after updating I threw my highest rated round yet, a 989 with 8 birdies and 1 eagle.

So far my putts have been sticking, at least all the putts that got in the chains.

I have played about 5 rounds since the update so maybe I will notice more things after a few more rounds.

Do you have iOS or android? My impression is that this update brought things back to the current norm of iPhone being favored over Android. Android was definitely better in the .902 (iOS) vs .903 (Android) world.

To be honest, I had some putts in 903 that stuck but didn't look like they should. Now I have putts that look like they should stick but either bounce of pole, or fall out of chains onto the ground, or slip through chains completely. In my last 10 multiplayer round, it has cost me an average of 1-2 strokes per round, but I guess that includes some adjustment.

I may have to adjust my putting strategy. Previously, I used backhand for everything outside of 15-20 feet. Now the putting mechanism seems to be much more friendly, and the backhand method seems to require me to use less power (not pull back as far; this also has led to me overthrowing a lot of putter attempts in the 90-170' range). Maybe they're trying to discourage us from backhanding our putts, but I still hate the variability that comes from me flicking my finger on the touch screen.

We'll see how well I can adapt. I did manage to shoot a 1000-rated 11 down on the Pro Tour round 1, but it was a favorable layout and I should have been 12 or maybe even 13 down in the previous version.

Do you have iOS or android? My impression is that this update brought things back to the current norm of iPhone being favored over Android. Android was definitely better in the .902 (iOS) vs .903 (Android) world.

I'm on android. You are probably noticing things I don't because you are better at the game(my rating is ~816.) My putting is ok but I am not at the level where I expect most to go in. Also, I don't get a lot of throw ins, I run stuff out to about 80 feet or so, after that I am just laying up. I do need some more rounds to really get the feel of the update.

Last edited:
I'm on android. You are probably noticing things I don't because you are better at the game(my rating is ~816.) My putting is ok but I am not at the level where I expect most to go in. Also, I don't get a lot of throw ins, I run stuff out to about 80 feet or so, after that I am just laying up. I do need some more rounds to really get the feel of the update.

Gotcha. I had a steady rating increase recently, with 919 and then 929 in the last two. Ratings have been fairly similar but those few random spit outs are still frustrating.

To review, here are the main changes I've noticed between Android .903 and .912:
- wind effect on putter throws and putts is way less
- drivers (especially the glide/light Ballista) have lost some distance
- putting (i.e. using the putting mode of throwing) seems to be pretty easy, while using the throw method from close is not as simple as it was

Gotcha. I had a steady rating increase recently, with 919 and then 929 in the last two. Ratings have been fairly similar but those few random spit outs are still frustrating.

To review, here are the main changes I've noticed between Android .903 and .912:
- putting (i.e. using the putting mode of throwing) seems to be pretty easy, while using the throw method from close is not as simple as it was

Your first and third points are the primary things I've noticed. I haven't noticed a distance loss with the drivers as much as I've noticed the LG Ballista is more overstable now

Your first and third points are the primary things I've noticed. I haven't noticed a distance loss with the drivers as much as I've noticed the LG Ballista is more overstable now

Maybe I haven't played with the angles enough. I do notice the increased overstability, especially in my WG Recoil

Developer, Reddit and new version V0.912

I would refer you to the Facebook page (Disc Golf Valley Players Page) for better info (certainly about game play) than the Reddit page - although the developer of the game reads the Reddit (I think)

The developer does read Read reddit and it is where he takes feedback for bugs He really did this game for fun as a project but it became bigger than he thought. He recently admitted that he has been a little more busy lately because they have a new baby in the house. DGV is not his day job either, but I think he is trying.
I started on V0.901. He has made at least two new updates, V0.902 and just in the last few days V0.912. *02 introduced a lot more rollers. *12 is a little buggy. Had a par three where disc hit a skipped over the top of the basket long. It was near OB but the game did not say I was OB. I played it, hit the band and finished out using only three throws but the game said bogey. My guess is I was OB but something in the code did not display that or the go to lie message but counted the lost stroke anyway.
Later in the round I hit a bank near the basket and the disc rolled 75+ ft into the river OB. Laying 2 at the lie I threw a disc high left in the chains. It stuck there swinging for a brief moment and the game popped up the Nice Putt message and as it was saying I got a par the disc fell out of the chains, struck the top of the cage and fell on the ground. Clearly despite the benefit to me, in the *01 version that would have been a bogie 4.
Same day on the lake hole where the basket is to the left but unreachable unless you have the right wind and right Ballista, you go to land at the right then closer cross the water to the basket. I tried the direct route and was short. Tried again, short but tried to see what happened if I went to my lie. I did not know where I was but apparently my lie was in the water. I could see the normal basket in the distance near the shoreline. Three throws with water flying at release going only about 25 feet or so finally I finally found myself on land but it was not that hole or any I have ever seen on DGV. It was a flat plain of grass with random puddles of water on it and a basket now off to my left about 200 plus feet on a slightly elevate flat plain surround at its perimeter by sparse random trees at maybe circle two distance. I've never seen any hole on the current course like that.
I tried to throw at it and another splash of water, it told be to go to my lie and when I did I was now back on the original hole, original basket about 70+ feet away. I eventually finish out something like a 12 on the hole. For a while I was in a alternative/parallel(?) reality in Disc Golf Valley that must have slipped into the code of this new version accidentally from other stuff the developer is or has created but not used in the game.
As you can see there is some major tweaking that needs to be done to V0.912 or the developer needs to move back to *02 until *12 is fixed. Roll-a-ways are annoying but affect everyone at an equal rate. However scoring errors by the game is not going to go over nearly as well for those playing in tournaments at the higher levels.
I believe the developer will do his best but everyone has to again understand this is not his day job and he has a family as well. I feel he will try but patience is going to be needed.

I feel like the game has changed on me twice this week. The weird rollaways decreased drastically maybe 4-5 days ago, and wind effects changed too. My scores went up pretty drastically...maybe around 3 strokes per round. Then putting got super easy last night, making my scores go back down by around 2 strokes. So overall pretty close to a net neutral now. Then on top of that, the round ratings seem to have gone up for me. I'm typically in the -8 to -9 range, which gets me a lot of round ratings in the 880-920 range. But those same -8 to -9 rounds were scoring in the 930-960 range last night.

Anyone else notice all these differences?

I feel like the game has changed on me twice this week. The weird rollaways decreased drastically maybe 4-5 days ago, and wind effects changed too. My scores went up pretty drastically...maybe around 3 strokes per round. Then putting got super easy last night, making my scores go back down by around 2 strokes. So overall pretty close to a net neutral now. Then on top of that, the round ratings seem to have gone up for me. I'm typically in the -8 to -9 range, which gets me a lot of round ratings in the 880-920 range. But those same -8 to -9 rounds were scoring in the 930-960 range last night.

Anyone else notice all these differences?

Did you update to v0.912 without realizing it? It became available for iOS users about four or five days ago

Did you update to v0.912 without realizing it? It became available for iOS users about four or five days ago

I think so. the bottom right corner says "V0.91_". I can't make out the last digit clearly, due to the curvature of my screen. But it looks like it is probably either a 2 or a 3.

This is a good summary of my recent experiences as well, although I am on IOS. Ballistas are definitely shorter now. There is one dogleg left Par 4 in particular that has gone from a "go for it" eagle hole to a layup hole now. I can't clear the water anymore, regardless of wind direction. Another oddity is that three of my discs are now clearly less stable (wind/accurate Pioneer, wind/accurate Fuse and glide/turn Ballista) while my wind/glide Ballista is now more overstable. I don't notice a flight difference in the other two discs in my bag (Pure and Explorer). So bizarre.

This is a good summary of my recent experiences as well, although I am on IOS. Ballistas are definitely shorter now. There is one dogleg left Par 4 in particular that has gone from a "go for it" eagle hole to a layup hole now. I can't clear the water anymore, regardless of wind direction. Another oddity is that three of my discs are now clearly less stable (wind/accurate Pioneer, wind/accurate Fuse and glide/turn Ballista) while my wind/glide Ballista is now more overstable. I don't notice a flight difference in the other two discs in my bag (Pure and Explorer). So bizarre.

Which hole is that? I'll tell you how I get there - I haven't noticed too much of a distance loss with the L/G Ballista - in fact, I run the Condor hole now about 90% of the time. Maybe I was throwing it wrong before

Which hole is that? I'll tell you how I get there - I haven't noticed too much of a distance loss with the L/G Ballista - in fact, I run the Condor hole now about 90% of the time. Maybe I was throwing it wrong before

Sunshine Glade hole 5. I can only get safely across the river and inside 100' maybe 1 time out of 10 now, even with good wind conditions. Prior to the update, I was getting it inside 100' about half the time (unless it was a straight headwind). So that hole effectively went from something that I was birdieing around 1/3 of the time to one that I have to lay up on. Ouch. Of course the disc that I use on that hole, a max turn/glide Ballista, is the disc in my bag that is flying the most differently after the update.

I also can't reach Grizzly Gulch hole 6 with a wide backhand hyzer anymore. That one isn't as big of a deal to me though, since I can still get an eagle with a forehand through-the-tunnel line if the wind is favorable. There are other holes that my Ballistas seem a little different on, too. I used to have to worry about going long on Lakeside hole 2. Not anymore.

I could give more examples, but these are the three holes that make the shorter Ballista distance most pronounced. BTW, what is "the Condor hole?"

Sunshine Glade hole 5. I can only get safely across the river and inside 100' maybe 1 time out of 10 now, even with good wind conditions. Prior to the update, I was getting it inside 100' about half the time (unless it was a straight headwind). So that hole effectively went from something that I was birdieing around 1/3 of the time to one that I have to lay up on. Ouch. Of course the disc that I use on that hole, a max turn/glide Ballista, is the disc in my bag that is flying the most differently after the update.

I also can't reach Grizzly Gulch hole 6 with a wide backhand hyzer anymore. That one isn't as big of a deal to me though, since I can still get an eagle with a forehand through-the-tunnel line if the wind is favorable. There are other holes that my Ballistas seem a little different on, too. I used to have to worry about going long on Lakeside hole 2. Not anymore.

I could give more examples, but these are the three holes that make the shorter Ballista distance most pronounced. BTW, what is "the Condor hole?"

Condor hole is the Par 5 on Lakeside that is sometimes drivable (thus potentially bringing a Condor - ace on a Par 5 - into play)

Sunshine number five I line up the second arrow on top of the hill quite a bit left of the tee and release at about 430 on a clock face (significant hyzer) - the hope is it clears the trees, hits the hill on the other side, and then deflects towards the hole leaving a 70-120' throw-in. I now attempt that shot in any wind
That one is harder to "park" than in the old days

I still haven't figured out a good new line on GG number 6 - try and get into the mouth of the tunnel and throw it in from there

Condor hole is the Par 5 on Lakeside that is sometimes drivable (thus potentially bringing a Condor - ace on a Par 5 - into play)

Sunshine number five I line up the second arrow on top of the hill quite a bit left of the tee and release at about 430 on a clock face (significant hyzer) - the hope is it clears the trees, hits the hill on the other side, and then deflects towards the hole leaving a 70-120' throw-in. I now attempt that shot in any wind
That one is harder to "park" than in the old days

I still haven't figured out a good new line on GG number 6 - try and get into the mouth of the tunnel and throw it in from there

Sunshine 5 is definitely harder to park. I take a slightly different line, I think a bit lower but also over the hill, basically through the trees. I have only gone OB once, but of course it was during a Pro Tour round. Eagles have definitely gone way down, but it's cuz my ability to hit 70-100 footers has gone way down with the update. Still, wind seems to affect the drivers less, so I managed to eagle with a 2 headwind, when I wouldn't have tried previously. I've had a decent number of 30-40 footers

For the Grizzly Gulch hole, I forehand the wind/glide Recoil. Sometimes I hit the gap perfect and have a 60' putt, but I haven't figured it out consistently.